Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: String if statements - Perl
Top Forums Programming String if statements - Perl Post 302408176 by bigearsbilly on Sunday 28th of March 2010 02:51:27 PM
Old 03-28-2010
yeah,

if ($check eq 'no')

use the getopt module.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - backticks v system in if statements

Can someone explain the difference between backticks and system when evaluated in these if statements: sub getDate { print "start date\n"; if ( system("/bin/date") ) { print "can't get date\n"; exit(2); } print "finish date\n"; } Returns the following: start date Thu... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjkeenan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for a string -perl

Hi, I have a line where i need to get certain part of it.. example.. text txt tt: 1909 thats how exactly it looks and all spaces are to be counted.. i need to retrieve 1909.. Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghana
11 Replies

3. Programming

Perl get a part of a string

I need some help to divide an email address. I need to grab the left part of the @. Maybe substr? example: john.smith@domain.com.br I would need to grab just the username part... my $user = "john.smith@domain.com.br"; if($user =~ s/@/\@/){ print "EMAIL: " .$user; } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4scriptmoni
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Better way to match string within a string

Hi, I'm trying to get one field out of many as follows: A string of multiple fields separated with "/" characters: "/ab=12/cd=34/12=ab/34=cd/ef=pick-this.one/gh=blah/ij=something/" I want to pick up the field "ef=pick-this.one" which has no regular pattern except it starts with "ef=xxxx"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Find one string, change another string.

Hi, In principle I am searching for a Perl equivalent for this sed command: sed "/TIM_AM_ARGS=/ s/60/1440/" $EDIT_FILE > $TEMP_FILE cp $TEMP_FILE $EDIT_FILE I was wondering if it needs to be like this, or that there other, shorter, alternatives: open (TIMENVFILE, "<$timenvfile") or die... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Extract String

Hi, I have a string like "something is good wanted (bla bla)" I need to get the world "wanted" from this string and "assign it to a variable".. but it's not a static word so i want to get that word by searching the pattern as follows <space>desiredword<space>( and i tried to get that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xlynx3
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl get partial string of a string

Hi All, I have: $d = "12.02222222222"; $d =~ s/(.*).(.*)/$1/e; The output should be just 12. Please guide me my expression wrong. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl if elsif statements

I have having problems with an IF statement in my perl script: if ($model eq "N\\A") {} elsif ($kernel =~ m/xen/) { $model = ("Virtual Machine\n")}; What i am trying to accomplish is if the model is set to "N\A" and the kernel variable has xen somewhere in it i would like to change... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: insania
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove not only the duplicate string but also the keyword of the string in Perl

Hi Perl users, I have another problem with text processing in Perl. I have a file below: Linux Unix Linux Windows SUN MACOS SUN SUN HP-AUX I want the result below: Unix Windows SUN MACOS HP-AUX so the duplicate string will be removed and also the keyword of the string on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: askari
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl combine multiple map statements

I have a file like file. file.TODAY.THISYEAR file.TODAY.LASTYEARI want to substitute the words in caps with their actual values so that output should look like file.140805 file.140805.2014 file.140805.2013For this I am reading the file line bye line in an array and using multiple map... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
1 Replies
AppConfig::Getopt(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    AppConfig::Getopt(3pm)

NAME
AppConfig::Getopt - Perl5 module for processing command line arguments via delegation to Getopt::Long. SYNOPSIS
use AppConfig::Getopt; my $state = AppConfig::State->new(\%cfg); my $getopt = AppConfig::Getopt->new($state); $getopt->parse(@args); # read args OVERVIEW
AppConfig::Getopt is a Perl5 module which delegates to Johan Vroman's Getopt::Long module to parse command line arguments and update values in an AppConfig::State object accordingly. AppConfig::Getopt is distributed as part of the AppConfig bundle. DESCRIPTION
USING THE AppConfig::Getopt MODULE To import and use the AppConfig::Getopt module the following line should appear in your Perl script: use AppConfig::Getopt; AppConfig::Getopt is used automatically if you use the AppConfig module and create an AppConfig::Getopt object through the getopt() method. AppConfig::Getopt is implemented using object-oriented methods. A new AppConfig::Getopt object is created and initialised using the new() method. This returns a reference to a new AppConfig::Getopt object. A reference to an AppConfig::State object should be passed in as the first parameter: my $state = AppConfig::State->new(); my $getopt = AppConfig::Getopt->new($state); This will create and return a reference to a new AppConfig::Getopt object. PARSING COMMAND LINE ARGUMENTS The "parse()" method is used to read a list of command line arguments and update the state accordingly. The first (non-list reference) parameters may contain a number of configuration strings to pass to Getopt::Long::Configure. A reference to a list of arguments may additionally be passed or @ARGV is used by default. $getopt->parse(); # uses @ARGV $getopt->parse(@myargs); $getopt->parse(qw(auto_abbrev debug)); # uses @ARGV $getopt->parse(qw(debug), @myargs); See Getopt::Long for details of the configuartion options available. A Getopt::Long specification string is constructed for each variable defined in the AppConfig::State. This consists of the name, any aliases and the ARGS value for the variable. These specification string are then passed to Getopt::Long, the arguments are parsed and the values in the AppConfig::State updated. See AppConfig for information about using the AppConfig::Getopt module via the getopt() method. AUTHOR
Andy Wardley, <abw@wardley.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. Copyright (C) 1997,1998 Canon Research Centre Europe Ltd. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
Many thanks are due to Johan Vromans for the Getopt::Long module. He was kind enough to offer assistance and access to early releases of his code to enable this module to be written. SEE ALSO
AppConfig, AppConfig::State, AppConfig::Args, Getopt::Long perl v5.12.4 2007-05-30 AppConfig::Getopt(3pm)