Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing a word with a buch of lines Post 302408142 by malcomex999 on Sunday 28th of March 2010 09:36:05 AM
Old 03-28-2010
Code:
awk '/change/{system("cat replace.txt");next}1' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing of word

Hi all, I wanted to replace one word with another word pl help me to solve the same. example:- I wanted to replace RXOTX with RXOTRX in a perticuler file with hole. Regards, Ramesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramesh Vellanki
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing word and Incrementing

Hi I'm having difficulty in writing a script with searching a specified word using sed and replaces that word with numbers that is incremented I tried this: #!/bin/sh awk '{ for (i=2010; i<=NF; i++) sed 's/TBA/$i; }' filename.txt > outputfile.txt but it doesn't work. here is my desired... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular expression for replacing the fist word with a last word in line

I have a File with the below contents File1 I have no prior experience in unix. I have just started to work in unix. My experience in unix is 0. My Total It exp is 3 yrs. I need to replace the first word in each line with the last word for example unix have no prior experience in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kri_swami
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a word

Dear Friends, I am facing some problem with some hundred files. Hence to use these file I have to make a small change in each file. But its not possible to open each file and make changes manually. Hence I need guidance frm you to automate it. Example File name is "Queue_11.txt" reload sec=F... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search the word to be deleted and delete lines above this word starting from P1 to P3

Hi, I have to search a word in a text file and then I have to delete lines above from the word searched . For eg suppose the file is like this: Records P1 10,23423432 ,77:1 ,234:2 P2 10,9089004 ,77:1 ,234:2 ,87:123 ,9898:2 P3 456456 P1 :123,456456546 P2 abc:324234 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding lines with a regular expression, replacing them with blank lines

So the tag for this forum says all newbies welcome... All I want to do is go through my file and find lines which contain a given string of characters then replace these with a blank line. I really tried to find a simple command to do this but failed. Here's what I did come up with though: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Golpette
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing over specific lines and replacing the lines with the sum using sed, awk

Hi friends, This is sed & awk type question. I have a text file which has numbers spread all over the file. I want to sum the series of numbers whenever i find it and produce an output file with the sum. For example ###start of input text file #### abc def ghi 1 2 3 4 kjld random... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing first word while extracting

Hello All, I am extracting a part of file. the file looks as follows USING CHARACTER SET UTF8 DEFINE JOB ( DEFINE SCHEMA Flat_File_Schema ( cntnt_id VARCHAR(10) ); DEFINE OPERATOR o_mload TYPE update SCHEMA * ATTRIBUTES ( VARCHAR TdpId = @TdpId (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a particular word with another word in all the xml's under a particular directory with sed

Hi Folks, Could you please advise what will be the SED command to replace a word in all xml's under a particular directory for example let say I rite now at the following below location $ cd /ter/rap/config now under config directory there will be lots of xml file , now my objective is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing the first word if the word three match

Dear ALL, I have sample file : IDcentos-forum,bash,linuxCentOS,GNome IEfedora-milis,cli,linuxRedhat,KDE IRfreebsd-milis,aix,unixbsd,pyton required output: centos,bash,linuxCentOS,GNome fedora,cli,linuxRedhat,KDE freebsd,aix,unixbsd,pyton Can you help me pls.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnulyn
1 Replies
GIT-REPLACE(1)							    Git Manual							    GIT-REPLACE(1)

NAME
git-replace - Create, list, delete refs to replace objects SYNOPSIS
git replace [-f] <object> <replacement> git replace -d <object>... git replace -l [<pattern>] DESCRIPTION
Adds a replace reference in .git/refs/replace/ The name of the replace reference is the SHA1 of the object that is replaced. The content of the replace reference is the SHA1 of the replacement object. Unless -f is given, the replace reference must not yet exist in .git/refs/replace/ directory. Replacement references will be used by default by all git commands except those doing reachability traversal (prune, pack transfer and fsck). It is possible to disable use of replacement references for any command using the --no-replace-objects option just after git. For example if commit foo has been replaced by commit bar: $ git --no-replace-objects cat-file commit foo shows information about commit foo, while: $ git cat-file commit foo shows information about commit bar. The GIT_NO_REPLACE_OBJECTS environment variable can be set to achieve the same effect as the --no-replace-objects option. OPTIONS
-f If an existing replace ref for the same object exists, it will be overwritten (instead of failing). -d Delete existing replace refs for the given objects. -l <pattern> List replace refs for objects that match the given pattern (or all if no pattern is given). Typing "git replace" without arguments, also lists all replace refs. BUGS
Comparing blobs or trees that have been replaced with those that replace them will not work properly. And using git reset --hard to go back to a replaced commit will move the branch to the replacement commit instead of the replaced commit. There may be other problems when using git rev-list related to pending objects. And of course things may break if an object of one type is replaced by an object of another type (for example a blob replaced by a commit). SEE ALSO
git-tag(1) git-branch(1) git(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-REPLACE(1)