Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Mount NCR Unix disk on Linux box Post 302408110 by tallship on Sunday 28th of March 2010 05:44:12 AM
Old 03-28-2010
I think you should just be able to mount it normally with mount or in /etc/fstab as SysV filesystem once you recompile your kernel.

When you get to "System V and Coherent filesystem support", answer yes.

In fdisk, type 63 comes up as "GNU HURD and SysV", so I think if you compile that support into the kernel you should be good to go.

You used to be able to just mount SysV filesystems, but support for that isn't included in stock kernels anymore a/o the 2.4 or 2.6 kernels, AFAIK.

YMMV, but I'm interested to know if that works coz I don't have any old UNIX disks laying around anymore, having migrated everything ages ago and dispersing with the hardware, so lemme know how it goes k?

Kindest regards,

Bradley

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a hotswap scsi drive on a solaris 2.6 netra box using the mount command?

Hi... question is this: How do I mount an LVD hotswap scsi drive in bay #2 on a netra using the mount command? volmgt doesn't seem to mount it and/or I don't know how to view the drives data if it's formatted which it may not be. This drive is not new out of the box so I'm not sure. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soulshaker
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

Can see my linux box from unix but from windows based

I have a company lan, we have workstations and we have servers. I have 3 unix servers, and 2 linux servers. I can ping one of the linux servers from windows, but the other one gets no reply, However, from my unix boxes i can telnet AND ping both linux boxes. The 2 linux boxes are on different... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running UNIX commands remotely in Windows box from Unix box – avoid entering password

I am able to run the UNIX commands in a Windows box from a UNIX box through "SSH" functionality. But whenever the SSH connection is established between UNIX and Windows, password for windows box is being asked. Is there a way to avoid asking password whenever the SSH connection is made? Can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D.kalpana
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Help - NCR Unix 3.02 MP-RAS

Hi, I am new to the UNIX operating system and would realy appreciate some answers to these problems. I have a unix box (Actually several of them throughout the different locations) that have NCR MP-RAS 3.02.x.x (with multiuser and possibly security packages installed.) Originally they had 2gb... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad7_98
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP transfer from Linux to unix box

Hi, I transferred a tar.gz file from a linux server to a unix server using ftp. In the unix box when i untarred, only few files with zero bytes were copied and i get "tar dir : cksum error" Could anyone help me out ? Thanks & Regards, Abinaya (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abinaya
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor mount points on linux box

Hi, the following shell script is not working on linux box sugeestions appreciated. FILE1=/tmp/check1.txt FILE2=/tmp/check2.txt df -k | awk '{if (NR != 1) print $5 $6}' > ${FILE1} awk -F"%" '{if ($1 > 90) print "Warning: Filesystem " $2 " over 90% threshold (" $1 "%)"}' ${FILE1} >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check if an application has been installed on a unix/linux box?

hi, guys, now I face a problem. I have developed an application, and when it starts, it shall check if an application has been installed on the running linux/unix. If result is positive, i do something with the application command. just as an example: I want to check if sshd has been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk1418
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I mount a new disk on ubuntu linux?

Hello, I am fairly new to ubuntu and have been learning linux using this distro. I am using Ubuntu 11.04 server. Recently I added a new HD to the desktop.. however I know I need to mount it, My question is how would I mount this disk? so I can use it as a drive? Thanks here are my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NCR UNIX help

Dear all I'm trying to virtualize NCR on UBUNTU host . I need a help ,I'm new to UNIX world . If any one ca send me step by step guide , I'll appreciate this very much . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: semerouk
3 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Ncr UNIX

let me know to create a new partition on ncr unix with vxfs filesystem (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
0 Replies
CFDISK(8)							 GNU fdisk Manual							 CFDISK(8)

NAME
GNU fdisk, lfdisk, gfdisk - manipulate partition tables on a hard drive SYNOPSIS
fdisk [options] [device] DESCRIPTION
fdisk is a disk partition manipulation program, which allows you to create, destroy, resize, move and copy partitions on a hard drive using a menu-driven interface. It is useful for organising the disk space on a new drive, reorganising an old drive, creating space for new oper- ating systems, and copying data to new hard disks. For a list of the supported partition types, see the --list-partition-types option below. It comes in two variants, gfdisk and lfdisk. Lfdisk aims to resemble Linux fdisk 2.12, while gfdisk supports more advanced disk operations, like resizing the filesystem, moving and copying partitions. When starting fdisk, the default is to run gfdisk. OPTIONS
-h, --help displays a help message. -v, --version displays the program's version. -L, --linux-fdisk turns on Linux fdisk compatibility mode. This is the same as running lfdisk. -G, --gnu-fdisk turns off Linux fdisk compatibility mode. -i, --interactive where necessary, prompts for user intervention. -p, --script never prompts for user intervention. -l, --list lists the partition table on the specified device and exits. If there is no device specified, lists the partition tables on all detected devices. -r, --raw-list displays a hex dump of the partition table of the disk, similar to the way Linux fdisk displays the raw data in the partition table. -u, --sector-units use sectors, instead of cylinders for a default unit. -s, --size=DEVICE prints the size of the partition on DEVICE is printed on the standard output. -t, --list-partition-types displays a list of supported partition types and features. The following options are available only to lfdisk. -b, --sector-size=SIZE Specify the sector size of the disk. Valid values are 512, 1024 and 2048. Should be used only on older kernels, which don't guess the correct sector size. -C, --cylinders=CYLINDERS Specify the number of cylinders of the disk. Currently does nothing, it is left for Linux fdisk compatibility. -H, --heads=HEADS Specify the number of heads of the disk. Reasonable values are 255 or 16. -S, --sectors=SECTORS Specify the number of sectors per track. A reasonable value is 63. BUGS
Before editing a BSD disklabel, the partition with the disklabel should already exist on the disk and be detected by the OS. If you have created a BSD-type partition, you need to write the changes to the disk. If fdisk fails to notify the OS about the changes in partition ta- ble, you need to restart your computer. As fdisk tries to guess the device holding the BSD disklabel, it might fail to edit it at all, even if the OS has detected it. In this case you are adviced to simply open the device with fdisk directly. It is possible that it doesn't work on some operating systems. Getting the size of a partition with -s might fail, if fdisk fails to guess the disk device, for the same reasons as with the previous bug. SEE ALSO
mkfs(8), cfdisk(8), parted(8) The fdisk program is fully documented in the info(1) format GNU fdisk User Manual manual. fdisk 18 August, 2006 CFDISK(8)