Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Handling Multiple terminals
Top Forums Programming Handling Multiple terminals Post 302408013 by dgre0018 on Saturday 27th of March 2010 04:21:17 PM
Old 03-27-2010
re

do you think it's possible to have a process write the WINDOW to a file which multiple processes read from simultaneously ? I had tried to do this using shared memory by having the window kept in shared memory but each time I accessed the window from the child process I kept getting a segmentation fault. Any ideas ? Thanks for your help and patience btw..thank god for ppl like u!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple Terminals

Dear Members, I have aquired a load of old Wyse dumb terminals. I have a Linux system set up that I want to be the host for all of these. Now, I know these don't use cat5 or standard networking. They are all done through serial (com) ports. However, I researched this more and found a converter... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos
25 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple file handling

Dear All, I have two files, which looks like: File 1 124 235 152 178 156 142 178 163 159 File 2 124|5623 452|6698 178|9995 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling multiple terminals

I'd like to write a script that will call n number of terminals that will all ssh to X-server and automatically enter the same password. Unfortunately I'm not exactly sure what kind of commands would work for me here because when I call for gnome-terminal, a new terminal pops up and the old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gelitini
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

running Multiple terminals/shells

Hi, I'm looking for a way to send commands through multiple shells/terminals (not sure which is proper syntax). Basically, I have to open 3 different shells/terminals and run separate parts of a program suite in each of them. I find this annoying. The commands I have to do are simple, and could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Caradoc
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to open multiple virtual terminals to a single LPAR

I just wondering if there are ways to open multiple virtual terminal to a single LPAR. After I have use putty to login to the VIOS. I will use mkvt -id <LPAR id> to open console but if my friend want to open 2 second one, it will say, VT already connected. IS there a way to work this around ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wingcross
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Handling multiple argument in shell script

Hi i have written a shell script that takes only single ip address from the user and calculates its latency and reliability, can you please tell me that what should be done if i want that user should enter 100 or 1000 ip address (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti_17
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ISSUE in handling multiple same name files :-(

Dear all, My work is completely stuck cos of the following issue. Please find it here and kindly help me. Task is following: I have set of files with such pattern 1t-rw-rw-r-- 1 emily emily 119 Jun 11 10:45 vgtree_5_1_pfs.root 3t-rw-rw-r-- 1 emily emily 145 Jun 11 10:46 vgtree_5_3_pfs.root... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate an application using scripting, managing multiple terminals

Hi I am new to Ubuntu and Bash scripting. I am working on a project to give a demo on an SDN application to my class. I need some help in scripting to create the demo. Please help in case if you have any idea on what am asking. The demo uses a tool called mininet. I need just one script so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anzal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using getopts for handling multiple options

Hi Guys, I have created a script for our automated DB creation, it works fine with default option(-d). $ ./test_db.ksh -d abc 11 dev -d is Default option ORACLE_SID=abc ORACLE_VERSION=11 ENV_TYPE=dev For creating a customized DB, i thought of giving the user different options.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeresh_15
8 Replies
pthread_rwlockattr_getpshared(3C)			   Standard C Library Functions 			 pthread_rwlockattr_getpshared(3C)

NAME
pthread_rwlockattr_getpshared, pthread_rwlockattr_setpshared - get or set process-shared attribute of read-write lock attributes object SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... -lpthread [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> int pthread_rwlockattr_getpshared( const pthread_rwlockattr_t *restrict attr, int *restrict pshared); int pthread_rwlockattr_setpshared(pthread_rwlockattr_t *attr, int pshared); DESCRIPTION
The process-shared attribute is set to PTHREAD_PROCESS_SHARED to permit a read-write lock to be operated upon by any thread that has access to the memory where the read-write lock is allocated, even if the read-write lock is allocated in memory that is shared by multiple processes. If the process-shared attribute is PTHREAD_PROCESS_PRIVATE, the read-write lock will only be operated upon by threads created within the same process as the thread that initialised the read-write lock; if threads of differing processes attempt to operate on such a read-write lock, the behaviour is undefined. The default value of the process-shared attribute is PTHREAD_PROCESS_PRIVATE. The pthread_rwlockattr_getpshared() function obtains the value of the process-shared attribute from the initialised attributes object ref- erenced by attr. The pthread_rwlockattr_setpshared() function is used to set the process-shared attribute in an initialised attributes object referenced by attr. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the pthread_rwlockattr_setpshared() function returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. Upon successful completion, the pthread_rwlockattr_getpshared() returns 0 and stores the value of the process-shared attribute of attr into the object referenced by the pshared parameter. Otherwise an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
The pthread_rwlockattr_getpshared() and pthread_rwlockattr_setpshared() functions will fail if: EINVAL The value specified by attr or pshared is invalid. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pthread_rwlock_init(3C), pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3C), pthread_rwlock_unlock(3C), pthread_rwlock_wrlock(3C), pthread_rwlockattr_init(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 23 Mar 2005 pthread_rwlockattr_getpshared(3C)