Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk script to get words which are not in a particula order Post 302407939 by raghu.iv85 on Saturday 27th of March 2010 07:42:28 AM
Old 03-27-2010
Hi, thank you vm for your reply..

As per our comany policies, we have to use awk scripting only..
And the given command is giving some syntax errors, can you please help?

$ awk -F":|@" '/master replica/{gsub("[ |<|>]","",$2);printf $2}/host/{gsub("[ |<|>]","",$2);printf "\t"$2"\n"}' cctpl.log #This file is attached in this thread#
awk: syntax error near line 1
awk: illegal statement near line 1
awk: syntax error near line 1
awk: illegal statement near line 1
$

Actually i want to create a file with all replicas in the input file like below,
---------
replica1
replica2
original
---------
At any cost, the input file must have one 'original' replica..

And the script has to return a value (which is coloured in red below) as an o/p under this original replica..

*****************example one*************
replica "original"
2005-11-02T22:51:59+11 by ************* (***-**-*-@/**/*/*/*/)
"<Original_replica>"
replica type: unfiltered
master replica: original@/vobs/<vob_name>
request for mastership: enabled
owner: laserdev
group: xxxxxxxxx
host: "<main_server_alias>" ---> I want to get this <main_server_alias> name as a o/p of the script
identities: preserved
permissions: preserved
feature level: 4
connectivity: connected

I hope, you are clear in my requirment now..
Thank you vm again for your help on this...
Please let me know for any queries on this..

Regards,
Raghu

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

List number in decending order using AWK

Hi All, Can anyone show me how to list the below numbers in decending order? I have a code to find out whats the largest number though but can it be modified to in-corporate in function ? Thanks in advance Input: 20 30 10 40 50 Output: 50 40 30 20 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare strings, words in different order

Hi, Would anyone know how to compare two strings, and only throw an error if there were different words, not that the same words were in a different order? e.g "A B C" vs "B C A" ->OK "A B C" vs "A D C" -> BAD Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebelbuttmunch
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to order a file

Hi - I have a file with lots of lines in that I need to order based on the number of commas! e.g the file looks something like :- cn=john,cn=users,cn=uk,dc=dot,dc=com cn=john,cn=users,dc=com cn=users,cn=groups,dc=com cn=john,cn=admins,cn=users,cn=uk,dc=dot,dc=com... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keep lines with specific words up in an order

I hava a file with following data: number|CREDIT_ID|NULL date|SYS_CREATION_DATE|NULL varchar2|GGS_COMMIT_CHAR|NULL varchar2|GGS_OP_TYPE|NULL number|GGS_SCN|NULL| number|GGS_LOG_SEQ|NULL number|GGS_LOG_POS|NULL number|GGS_ORACREC_SCN|NULL varchar2|BATCH_ID|NULL char|GGS_IMAGE_TYPE|NULL ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kolesunil
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find out words, replace them and count words

hello, i 'd like your help about a bash script which: 1. finds inside the html file (it is attached with my post) the code number of the Latest Stable Kernel, 2.finds the link which leads to the download location of the Latest Stable Kernel version, (the right link should lead to the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex83
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for multiple words on a line in any order issue

Hi again I have figured out how to be able to sort through lines in a file with multiple words in any order and display them using this command: cat file | grep -i $OPTION1 | grep -i $OPTION2 | grep -i $OPTION3 OPTION1 is 2008, OPTION2 is Mar, OPTION 3 is Tue Result: Tue Mar 25... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaj
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting values into order in a field using awk

Hi, I am using UBUNTU 12.04. I have a dataset as follows: Column#1 Column#2 Column#3 .... Column#50 1 154878 1 145145 2 189565 2 454121 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Homa
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Why does output order change?

I have this END section in an awk script: END { for (j in littlebin) { print (j, int(log(j)/log(2)) , littlebin) lbsum+=littlebin } for (i in bins) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How order a data matrix using awk?

is it possible to order the following row clusters from ascending to descending. thanx in advance input 1 2 4 0 1 2 4 0 3 3 3 3 1 5 1 0 1 5 1 0 6 0 0 0 5 1 1 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk add preffic to dynamic order

Source file portIndex: 75 portName: slot9 port11 c0:50:96:05:9f:f2:00:f2 c0:50:96:05:9f:f2:00:ea c0:50:96:05:9f:f2:01:13 c0:50:96:05:9f:f2:01:12 c0:50:96:05:9f:f2:01:0b c0:50:96:05:9f:f2:01:0a c0:50:96:05:9f:f2:01:03 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
2 Replies
AMPLOT(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 AMPLOT(8)

NAME
amplot - visualize the behavior of Amanda SYNOPSIS
amplot [ -c ] [ -e ] [ -g ] [ -l ] [ -p ] [ -t T ] amdump_files DESCRIPTION
Amplot reads an amdump output file that Amanda generates each run (e.g. amdump.1) and translates the information into a picture format that may be used to determine how your installation is doing and if any parameters need to be changed. Amplot also prints out amdump lines that it either does not understand or knows to be warning or error lines and a summary of the start, end and total time for each backup image. Amplot is a shell script that executes an awk program (amplot.awk) to scan the amdump output file. It then executes a gnuplot program (amplot.g) to generate the graph. The awk program is written in an enhanced version of awk, such as GNU awk (gawk version 2.15 or later) or nawk. During execution, amplot generates a few temporary files that gnuplot uses. These files are deleted at the end of execution. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. OPTIONS
-c Compress amdump_files after plotting. -e Extend the X (time) axis if needed. -g Direct gnuplot output directly to the X11 display (default). -p Direct postscript output to file YYYYMMDD.ps (opposite of -g). -l Generate landscape oriented output. -t T Set the right edge of the plot to be T hours. The amdump_files may be in various compressed formats (compress, gzip, pact, compact). INTERPRETATION
The figure is divided into a number of regions. There are titles on the top that show important statistical information about the configu- ration and from this execution of amdump. In the figure, the X axis is time, with 0 being the moment amdump was started. The Y axis is divided into 5 regions: QUEUES: How many backups have not been started, how many are waiting on space in the holding disk and how many have been transferred successfully to tape. %BANDWIDTH: Percentage of allowed network bandwidth in use. HOLDING DISK: The higher line depicts space allocated on the holding disk to backups in progress and completed backups waiting to be written to tape. The lower line depicts the fraction of the holding disk containing completed backups waiting to be written to tape including the file currently being written to tape. The scale is percentage of the holding disk. TAPE: Tape drive usage. %DUMPERS: Percentage of active dumpers. The idle period at the left of the graph is time amdump is asking the machines how much data they are going to dump. This process can take a while if hosts are down or it takes them a long time to generate estimates. AUTHOR
Olafur Gudmundsson ogud@tis.com Trusted Information Systems formerly at University of Maryland, College Park BUGS
Reports lines it does not recognize, mainly error cases but some are legitimate lines the program needs to be taught about. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amdump(8), gawk(1), nawk(1), awk(1), gnuplot(1), sh(1), compress(1), gzip(1) 4th Berkeley Distribution AMPLOT(8)