Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Install boot required in SVM ?? Post 302407277 by vickyingle5 on Thursday 25th of March 2010 02:16:08 AM
Old 03-25-2010
Install boot required in SVM ??

I have setup mirroring for root disk.

As per Sun SVM process, there is no need to installbootblk
BigAdmin Submitted Tech Tip: Boot Disk Mirroring Using Solaris Volume Manager Software

But technically speaking, if we want to boot from 2nd disk which is mirrored, we have to install the bootblk on the 2nd HDD.

But my question is that whether Syncing process copy the bootbkl from 1st HDD ==> 2nd HDD ???

Regards,
Vicky

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

cant boot/install from CD

Hi all , I have an E2900 SPARC IV that has Solaris 10 installed , I am trying to replace solaris 10 with soalris 9/04 , But the installation is giving me an error: Cannot assemble drivers for root /ssm@0,0/pci@18,700000/pci@4/ide@2/cdrom@0,0:b Cannot mount root on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Help required to install packages

Hi All, I was told to install multiple packages on my solaris server. Is it possible to install multiple packages from a directory or CD. Or I need to install one by one. Please suggest. Thanks, Deepak (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Creating A Solaris Zone - Unable to install - Are network settings required?

Hi i have created a solaris zone but have not yet connected any network cables for this new zone, can i set the zone up without running the command 'add net' and not adding an ip or physical interface? i tried to add dummy internet settings and get this zonecfg:coddr> add net... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbiesolaris10
4 Replies

4. Solaris

flar restore with svm mirrors failing to create boot image

In a Solaris9 environment I'm trying to restore flash archive (flar) with SVM mirrored devices to same server via jumpstart server and it is failing to create boot file and drops down to a command prompt in single user mode, metastat -i and metastat -p output looks good when compared to the ones... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

required resize /boot partition in linux

Hi, In my linux box I have installed /boot partition with 100MB. I have done compile for a newer kernel. The both kernels are required to me. Finally /boot partition has using 100%. I need to resize the /boot. Any body give the solution how to do resize the /boot partition without dusturbing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parsrigum
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Cannot Boot Cd TO Install Solaris 11

Recently our school acquired a number of Sun Blade 100 systems from a university that was previously using them as a computational cluster. We intend to rig them to do the same thing, but they failed to give us the head node, and all the machines we have are still configured to boot from network.... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alphonse509
16 Replies

7. Programming

How to automatically install all modules required by a script from CPAN?

Having a script.pl how can I automatically download from CPAN all required modules and install and update as required? Something like "emerge -uDNav world" for the perl? ---------- Post updated at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:28 PM ---------- Doesn't matter I've found it ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tribe
6 Replies
installboot(1M) 														   installboot(1M)

NAME
installboot - install bootblocks in a disk partition SYNOPSIS
installboot bootblk raw-disk-device The boot(1M) program, ufsboot, is loaded from disk by the bootblock program which resides in the boot area of a disk partition. The ufs boot objects are platform-dependent, and reside in the /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory. The platform name can be found using the -i option of uname(1). The installboot utility is a SPARC only program. It is not supported on the architecture. users should use installgrub(1M) instead. bootblk The name of the bootblock code. raw-disk-device The name of the disk device onto which the bootblock code is to be installed; it must be a character device which is read- able and writable. Naming conventions for a SCSI or IPI drive are c?t?d?s? and c?d?s? for an IDE drive. Example 1: Installing UFS Boot Block To install a ufs boot block on slice 0 of target 0 on controller 1 of the platform where the command is being run, use: example# installboot /usr/platform/`uname -i`/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0 /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory where ufs boot objects reside. /platform/platform-name/ufsboot second level program to boot from a disk or CD See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ od(1), uname(1), boot(1M), init(1M), kadb(1M), kernel(1M), monitor(1M), reboot(1M), rpc.bootparamd(1M), init.d(4), attributes(5) WARNINGS
The installboot utility fails if the bootblk or openfirmware files do not exist or if the raw disk device is not a character device. 11 Apr 2005 installboot(1M)