Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tape drive write status
Operating Systems AIX Tape drive write status Post 302406991 by mikep9 on Wednesday 24th of March 2010 10:00:41 AM
Old 03-24-2010
We use "backup_edge" backup tool which provides a lot of the information you are asking about.

On the SCO Unix boxes I use "tail -f path_to/nameofbackup.log" to monitor the backup log while the backup is running.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tape drive

Hi, I need to restore my tape backup, when I type "tape status" it gives; status : ready beginning-of-tape write-protected soft errors : 0 hard errors : 0 underruns : 3 but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
4 Replies

2. SCO

Tape Status shows 2 Hard errors and 5 Underruns on new tape

when I do a tape status /dev/rStp0 I get the following on a new tape and I have tried several: Status : ready beginning-of-tape soft errors : 0 hard errors: 2 underruns: 5 My BackupEdge has stopped backing up my system because it asks for a new volume yet my total system data is under 20... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psytropic
5 Replies

3. AIX

Tape status command

We sometime run backups to tape in the background using the cron. Is there a command that will show me how fast the information is being written and or how much data has been written? I know if we enter the information via the command prompt or smit it shows the speed and amount written. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check tape drive status on HP-UX

Hi all, We have an ESL tape library with legato networker software. From GUI - networker administrator, i can see that 3 of our tape drives are in service mode. How can i view the same thing by issuing commands in HP-UX. Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Real time status of tape drive loaded for backup

Do we have a way in solaris to actuallyu check in real time the activity of a tape when it is loaded for backup? I know mt -f /dev/rmt/0n stat will provide the status. If it's busy, meaning it's currrently on backup mode or someone is using it (fuser -u /dev/rmt/0n) I wanted to check if the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with tape drive

Hey folks, Linux admin here, forced to use Opensolaris to try to use ufsdump/ufsrestore to get some data of some old tapes. I've got Opensolaris 2009.06 on x86 and a Sony SDX-700V. As a "control" experiment, I booted the system with a Linux live CD and the tape drive worked perfectly. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddy_sysad
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

DLT 7000 tape drive failing with "write error on a record in the index"

HP rp5450 (L2000) running HP-UX 11.11B Using DLT 7000 and DLT 4000 tape drives for nightly full backups Backup jobs created by SAM DLT 7000 cron entry is as follows: 00 2 * * 1-6 /usr/sam/lbin/br_backup DLT FULL Y /dev/rmt/0m /var/sam/graphLCAa17036 root Y 1 N > /var/sam/SAM_br_msgs 2>&1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreh99
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

TAPE drive

I have used ioscan -fnC tape and the system identified the tape drive. what is the command to show a listing of what is on the tape? I have used ls /dev/rmt/rmt0 to no avail. can anyone help? Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
10 Replies
JSONBOT(1)							    jsb manual								JSONBOT(1)

NAME
jsb-backup - The JSONBOT backup app SYNOPSIS
jsb-backup is used to make backup of the datadir used by JSONBOT DESCRIPTION
jsb-backup does a backup of the JSONBOT datadir (defaults to ~/.jsb) to ~/jsb-backups directory. USAGE
Usage: jsb-backup [options] Options: --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -d DATADIR, --datadir=DATADIR datadir to use -t TARGET, --target=TARGET target dir -l LOGLEVEL, --loglevel=LOGLEVEL logging level --colors enable the use of colors DOCUMENTATION
See http://jsonbot.org for more documentation or see http://jsonbot.googlecode.com SEE ALSO
jsb(1), jsb-init(1), jsb-irc(1), jsb-fleet(1), jsb-sed(1), jsb-tornado(1), jsb-xmpp(1), jsb-stop(1), jsb-udp(1), jsonbot(10 AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bart Thate <bthate@gmail.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Debian GNU/Linux 22 Nov 2011 JSONBOT(1)