Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Better than scanf
Top Forums Programming Better than scanf Post 302406982 by italian_boy on Wednesday 24th of March 2010 09:31:33 AM
Old 03-24-2010
Thank you very much!
Here is the exactly code to read whitespaces too:

Code:
             puts("insert text ");
             while(getchar()!=(int)'\n');
             scanf("%[^\t\n]",test);
             puts(test);

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Scanf problem under LINUX...

I have a problem reading characters from keyboard with the scanf function. Here there is a little piece of code: #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/in.h> /* The last 3 libraries are included because in the real program I use some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robotronic
4 Replies

2. Programming

scanf with strings... please help

hi i am a beginner to C i have encountered a problem with my assignment, and i have researched it on the internet, but unfortunately i didn't find anything related to that. i am writing a simple program that takes user's input by prompt command, and parse the whole line into an array of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: inkfish
1 Replies

3. Programming

scanf doesn´t reads spaces ???

hi all i have a program in C (Unix Solaris 5.7) and i want to read a string from keyboard, but the "scanf" doesn´t reads spaces. example: .... char name; .... printf("Enter your name: "); scanf("%s",&name); printf ("Your name is: %s", name); and if i write Kevin Costner ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
4 Replies

4. Programming

problem with scanf

hi all! i've written a simple c program: #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> int main() { int a; char b; char c; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridula
4 Replies

5. Programming

simple scanf issue ?

Hello everyone, I hope someone is awake to help me on this.. hey How can I do something like this: The user is asked is asked to enter an int value, but I want to provide a default value on stdout, which they can back space and change it to whatever they want.. for e.g: Enter the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
4 Replies

6. Programming

What is the difference between printf and putchar() or scanf and getchar() ?

Im a newbie to programming language, i found tat there r these function called printf and putchar() as well as scanf and getchar(), im curious abt why do dey hav these 2 different function although dey r doing the same instruction? :confused: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris26
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing argument 1 of 'scanf' makes po

$ cc Array.c Array.c: In function ‘main’: Array.c:23: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘scanf’ makes po Array.c:25: error: expected expression before ‘return’ Array.c:29: error: expected expression before ‘return’ Array.c: At top level: Array.c:44: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘&’ token... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgradywhite
8 Replies

8. Programming

Scanf() string pointer problem

I have a problem with scanf() for string pointer as member of a struct. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> struct Student { int studentNumber; int phoneNumber; char *studentName; //line 7 // char studentName; //line 8 }; int... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
10 Replies
wsprintf(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					      wsprintf(3C)

NAME
wsprintf - formatted output conversion SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> #include <widec.h> int wsprintf(wchar_t *s, const char *format, /* arg */ ... );); DESCRIPTION
The wsprintf() function outputs a Process Code string ending with a Process Code (wchar_t) null character. It is the user's responsibility to allocate enough space for this wchar_t string. This returns the number of Process Code characters (excluding the null terminator) that have been written. The conversion specifications and behavior of wsprintf() are the same as the regular sprintf(3C) function except that the result is a Process Code string for wsprintf(), and on Extended Unix Code (EUC) character string for sprintf(). RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, wsprintf() returns the number of characters printed. Otherwise, a negative value is returned. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
wsscanf(3C), printf(3C), scanf(3C), sprintf(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 29 Dec 1996 wsprintf(3C)