Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print just 1 results from the whole line Post 302406815 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 24th of March 2010 02:04:35 AM
Old 03-24-2010
Code:
sort -u example.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search file and print results with shell script

input file 1.<CRMSUB:MSIN=0100004735,BSNBC=TELEPHON-9814060328-TS11&TS21&TS22,NDC=9814,MSCAT=ORDINSUB,SUBRES=ALLPLMN-SPICE,BAOC=OIC,BAPRC=INFO,ACCSUB=BSS,NUMTYP=MULTI;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 CMD results on the same line while rexing in a loop

Folks, I have a 3 problems. In a sh script, I call a server name from a list and rex to a distant machine to get the boot date. for i in `cat list` do (echo "$i|"; /bin/rexsh $i -l bozo -t10 who -b | cut -d" " -f14-16) >>getBootTimes.out sleep 1 done The results are on 2 lines instead... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_lou
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print first few lines, then apply regex on a specific column to print results.

abc.dat tty cpu tin tout us sy wt id 0 0 7 3 19 71 extended device statistics r/s w/s kr/s kw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t %w %b device 0.0 133.2 0.0 682.9 0.0 1.0 0.0 7.2 0 79 c1t0d0 0.2 180.4 0.1 5471.2 3.0 2.8 16.4 15.6 15 52 aaaaaa1-xx I want to skip first 5 line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script template for inputting filenames and print results

Hi, Hope you are all well. New to scripting, and all those characters are all a new language for me. Though hoping to get my little head round it all sooner or later. I was wondering whether anyone could help with a script template example. What I would like to happen is to run the script... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: loky27
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print some results in a text file using script in linux

hello everyone, i really need your help to write a script which would just print following kind of result into a text file (result.txt) XYZ test Results ID: <unique-id> Date: <date> ------------------------------------------------- | Task | Result | Time |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: viriimind
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print sed results

Dear all, How can I print results (and of course, send this result to the text file) of sed command. I mean, I want to know which lines of which files sed command has found. For e.g, the result text file should contains: file1.c:line 12 file2.h:line 14 file2.h:line 37 Please help me (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hannibal2010
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to print off results

print from an ip_list file containing 300 ip's the directory of the results is /var/tmp/1.1.1.1 the 1.1.1.1 will change according to the /tmp/ip_list file i.e 1.1.1.1 2.2.2.2 3.3.3.3 I need the results from /var/tmp/1.1.1.1 once done the script goes to the next ip address in... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashbash
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print results from two lines using awk?

I need to print a specific string from an html file that's always occurring between two other known strings. Example: from the text below, I would like to print the bolded part: <this is a lot of text before the string I want to print> fullpath: abc/def/ghi/example.xlf -cfver. <sample text... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: danegon
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing OSX UNIX command results which print in multiple lines

from the CLI on a Mac, if you type networksetup -listallnetworkservices then you get results in a multi-line paragraph that look something like this: networksetup -listallnetworkservices An asterisk (*) denotes that a network service is disabled. Wi-Fi Display Ethernet Bluetooth DUN... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for names in one list in another and print results

Hi All , New to the Bash / Shell programming world and looking for some help I have two files 1: Contains a list of names : eg STEVE BOB CRAIG 2: Contains information with those included names but also others that are not in the list (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lonerg550
1 Replies
CHECKBASHISMS(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CHECKBASHISMS(1)

NAME
checkbashisms - check for bashisms in /bin/sh scripts SYNOPSIS
checkbashisms script ... checkbashisms --help|--version DESCRIPTION
checkbashisms, based on one of the checks from the lintian system, performs basic checks on /bin/sh shell scripts for the possible presence of bashisms. It takes the names of the shell scripts on the command line, and outputs warnings if possible bashisms are detected. Note that the definition of a bashism in this context roughly equates to "a shell feature that is not required to be supported by POSIX"; this means that some issues flagged may be permitted under optional sections of POSIX, such as XSI or User Portability. In cases where POSIX and Debian Policy disagree, checkbashisms by default allows extensions permitted by Policy but may also provide options for stricter checking. OPTIONS
--help, -h Show a summary of options. --newline, -n Check for "echo -n" usage (non POSIX but required by Debian Policy 10.4.) --posix, -p Check for issues which are non POSIX but required to be supported by Debian Policy 10.4 (implies -n). --force, -f Force each script to be checked, even if it would normally not be (for instance, it has a bash or non POSIX shell shebang or appears to be a shell wrapper). --extra, -x Highlight lines which, whilst they do not contain bashisms, may be useful in determining whether a particular issue is a false posi- tive which may be ignored. For example, the use of "$BASH_ENV" may be preceded by checking whether "$BASH" is set. --version, -v Show version and copyright information. EXIT VALUES
The exit value will be 0 if no possible bashisms or other problems were detected. Otherwise it will be the sum of the following error val- ues: 1 A possible bashism was detected. 2 A file was skipped for some reason, for example, because it was unreadable or not found. The warning message will give details. SEE ALSO
lintian(1). AUTHOR
checkbashisms was originally written as a shell script by Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org> and rewritten in Perl with many more features by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities CHECKBASHISMS(1)