Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Short Message Service from AIX Post 302406429 by smdasim on Tuesday 23rd of March 2010 01:37:44 AM
Old 03-23-2010
Short Message Service from AIX

Hi AIX Guru's,

I am a bit new to this AIX stuff . Does anyone of you know how to send SMS
messages from an AIX box. We are able to send emails to the internet from
this AIX box , and I was hoping sending SMS's would be something similar
Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Please provide a sample script.

Many Thanks

---------- Post updated at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:33 AM ----------

Hi ,
I want to sent a SMS (short messaging service) alert in AIX when ever a apache
web server is up or down.
I am able to send s Email message but i want to send a SMS to mobile phones.
Please advice

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Aix - Service Pack

I've recently installed ServicePack1 for Tecnology_Level 9 of AIX 5.2 . The result of installation is "OK" but with oslevel -s i dont see the service pack installed .... after many research i try (with many luck!!) instfix -i|grep SP and the result : All filesets for 5200-08-01_SP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BabylonRocker
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX Welcome Message

Hi guys, How can I changed or modified the AIX welcome message which appeared after login, like below: **************************************************************************** * * * ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
2 Replies

3. AIX

Debugging a service in AIX 5.3

Hi, I am a newbie on the AIX front....I am at present faced with a problem of a service eating up my client's CPU. To be more specific....My client uses backup exec for backing up (v 12.0). The moment I start a backup the beremote.exe (backup exec remote agent for unix, RALUS) service uses... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkn1979
4 Replies

4. AIX

Latest AIX Service Pack

Hello, I am trying to install Oracle 11g on my AIX server and it requires at a minimum OS level 5300-05-06. I am currently at 5300-05-01. What do I need to upgrade this? Where can I get this sp? What are the step to install this? I am a DBA not sysadmin. We no longer have a sysadmin. Lucky... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
4 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Service Packs

Can anyone out there let me know what is the *common* Technology Level and Service Pack that everyone is at? I am at 5300-06-04-0748 on all of my LPARs. Also- does anyone have any guidelinies to rolling out new TL and Sps? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seacros
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Message Service Using kannel

Any body having idea or implemented SMS service with kannel..? Please help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noufal
1 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Script that will display a short message

Can anyone point me to the right direction on how to write a simple script that will display a message on any terminal when implemented? Basically I need it so the script runs at a certain time, say April 30, 2010 and that the message will be displayed to me no matter which terminal I am logged... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmack123
2 Replies

8. AIX

service status in AIX

good afternoon to all hay i m new in AIX. my problem is that.....plz tell me how to see " service status" in AIX Becoz i run /etc/rc.d/rc.2/Sbesclientd so its show below like this bash-3.2$ sudo /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/SBESClientd status Usage: /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/SBESClientd { start | stop } I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: life008
2 Replies

9. AIX

Help activating http service on AIX

Am new to AIX 5.1 and we have our production database running on it. I need to activate HTTP service so that i can connect to the database's Enterprise manager from my workstation's web browser. can anyone help me with how to activate HTTP service on AIX 5.1 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachay
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script to automate a service message

Hi I am trying to figure out, on how to automate whether in a simple script or using awk/sed/grep commands to automate a "service.message" file which has tag separated message stating as; "There is currently no outage or system is unavailable for duration of change....", therefore, when... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gamma
14 Replies
SMS::Send::Driver(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    SMS::Send::Driver(3pm)

NAME
SMS::Send::Driver - Base class for SMS::Send drivers DESCRIPTION
The "SMS::Send::Driver" class provides an abstract base class for all SMS::Send driver classes. At this time it does not provide any implementation code for drivers (although this may change in the future) with the exception of some methods provided to trigger "does not implement method" errors. However, it does serve as something you should sub-class your driver from to identify it as a SMS::Send driver. Please note that if your driver class not not return true for "$driver-"isa('SMS::Send::Driver')> then the SMS::Send constructor will refuse to use your class as a driver. METHODS
new The "new" constructor is required to be implemented by your driver subclass. It recieves a set of arbitrary paired params. The values of these params are assumed to be driver-specific (this is expected to change). If your driver will need to login to some system, locate hardware, or do some other form of initialisation to validate the SMS delivery mechanism exists, it should do so in "new". Should return a new SMS::Send::Driver-subclass object, or die on error. send_sms The "send_sms" method is required to be implemented by your driver subclass. It recieves a set of param pairs as documented in SMS::Send. Should return true for either success or fire-and-forget with unknown result, defined-but-false ('' or 0) for a failed message send, or die on a fatal error. SUPPORT
Bugs should be reported via the CPAN bug tracker at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=SMS-Send <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=SMS-Send> For other issues, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-09 SMS::Send::Driver(3pm)