Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk {print $NF} output??
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers awk {print $NF} output?? Post 302406292 by jim mcnamara on Monday 22nd of March 2010 01:22:06 PM
Old 03-22-2010
awk $NF prints only the last column in a record. If the file has only one row,
your variable will contain whatever is in the last column (space/tab delimiter).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to search and print output

suppose i have one file file A 18 24 30 35 38 45 55 Another file file B 08_46 A 16 V -0.36 0.23 E : 1.41 08_46 A 17 D -1.04 0.22 E : 0.84 08_46 A 18 Q -0.49 0.12 E : 0.06 08_46 A 19 G 0.50 0.14 E : 0.05 08_46 A 20 V ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using perl or awk to print output

suppose u have file File A A -> G C->D A -> R P->A File B A=1 C=2 D=3 E=4 F=5 G=6 H=7 I=8 K=9 L=10 M=11 (5 Replies)
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk subtraction and print output

FileA F97S 83 530 K569E 531 736 output shud be F16S K40E it is code sed 's///g' FileA |awk '{print $1-$2+2}' it will print 16 40 anything can come with this output?? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command : To print the output to a file

half of the problem is already solved with the help of bartus11 suggestion I have a txt file having rows and coulmns, i want to perform some operation on a specific coulmn starting from a specific line. 50.000000 1 1 1 1000.00000 1000.00000 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any awk one liner to print df output?

Hi, OS = Solaris Can anyone advise if there is a one liner to print specific output from a df -k output? Running df from a command line, it sometimes gives me 2 lines for some volume. By re-directing the output to a file, it always gives 1 line for each. Below is an example output,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print output problem

Hello friends, I have written a script and i need to add some part into it so that i could print out more results depending on more conditions, This is the core part of the script which does the actual work: echo "$j" && nawk -v stat=$2 'NR==FNR &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print awk output in same line ,For loop

My code is something like below. #/bin/bash for i in `ps -ef | grep pmon | grep -v bash | grep -v grep | grep -v perl | grep -v asm | grep -v MGMT|awk '{print $1" "$8}'` do echo $i ORACLE_SID=`echo $line | awk '{print $2}'` USERNAME=`echo $line | awk '{print $1}'` done ============= But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to print output based on first field.

Hi Folks, I have one requirement, There is one file, which contains two fields. Based on first field, I need to print an output. Example will be more suitable. Input file like this. abc 5 abc 10 xyz 6 xyz 9 xyz 10 mnp 10 mnp 12 mnp 6 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print commas between awk output

When I output fields 1 2 4 5 & 6, I would like to have a comma between them but I am beating my head against the wall to get it to work. Any help is appreciated sed 's/]*,]*/,/g' file1 > file1.$$ && awk -F, 'FNR==NR{f2=$1 $2 $4 $5 $6;next} FNR==1{print $0, "CDP NE Hostname,CDP NE IP,Remote... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dis0wned
6 Replies
COLRM(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  COLRM(1)

NAME
colrm -- remove columns from a file SYNOPSIS
colrm [start [stop]] DESCRIPTION
The colrm utility removes selected columns from the lines of a file. A column is defined as a single character in a line. Input is read from the standard input. Output is written to the standard output. If only the start column is specified, columns numbered less than the start column will be written. If both start and stop columns are spec- ified, columns numbered less than the start column or greater than the stop column will be written. Column numbering starts with one, not zero. Tab characters increment the column count to the next multiple of eight. Backspace characters decrement the column count by one. ENVIRONMENT
The LANG, LC_ALL and LC_CTYPE environment variables affect the execution of colrm as described in environ(7). EXIT STATUS
The colrm utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
awk(1), column(1), cut(1), paste(1) HISTORY
The colrm command appeared in 3.0BSD. BSD
August 4, 2004 BSD