Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Linux C - how to open a pdf file with default reader Post 302406000 by sunardo on Sunday 21st of March 2010 09:59:45 AM
Old 03-21-2010
Linux C - how to open a pdf file with default reader

sorry if i repost this...

hi.. i want to ask how to open pdf files using C in Linux

in Windows, i just use this code:
ShellExecute(GetDesktopWindow(), "open", "D:\\Folder\\File.pdf", NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL);

thanks for advance...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to open WinZip file in linux

Hi i am an fresh engineer working in a Embedding company and i am new to linux so any one help me to teach or tell how to open a WinZip file in linux as i use gunzip but hte file suffix is not gz so can any one healp me... urs ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wagmare
2 Replies

2. AIX

pdf reader

which package is to be installed to view pdf files in AIX machine? i already have xpdf version 1...but, some pdf files are not opening in it.help me out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: me.kamph
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to open a pdf file from terminal?

how to open a .pdf file from terminal not using gpdf I work on fedora 12 and default application assigned for viewing the pdf files is document-viewer (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Replacing Gnome PDF with Adobe Reader

I'm attempting to replace gnome pdf with Acrobat Reader on a server and make Acrobat Reader the default program used to open .pdf files. I've been able to make the changes to individual users but don't want to have to edit each individuals profile. Is there a way, within Solaris 10, to make a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
2 Replies

5. Programming

How can this jar file open pdf ??

OKay so my question is that how does this jar file convert something in there and show pdf when open it? I don't get how it works. Can someone explain to me. I have a link below, in there will be a file call Tools, and please open the file called "PQ10-sample" it will automaticly open up a pdf as... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonyduong15
11 Replies

6. Red Hat

Setting Password For PDF File--Linux

Hi, I am in need of help. My requirements are : 1) To convert the existing files (irrespective of their format) in a directory to PDF format 2) To make the converted files password protected. I did the attempt to do the same. Though the existing files (irrespective of their format) are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MKR
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scanning a pdf file in Linux shell

I want to search a keyword in a list of pdf files and when i find a match i want to write the title and author of that pdf file to another file. How will I do this using linux shell script? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SK33
7 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Need script to monitor open file in Linux

Kindly advice with shell script to monitor open file in linux, if the open file count is greater then 5000 then send me an email.. command : lsof | wc -l (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adminhelp
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a text file and a pdf file from Linux command results.

Hello. The task : Using multiple commands like : gdisk -l $SOME_DISK >> $SOME_FILEI generate some text file. For readiness I must insert page break. When the program is finished I want to convert the final text file to a pdf file. When finished, I got two files : One text file and One pdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
PS2PDF(1)							    Ghostscript 							 PS2PDF(1)

NAME
ps2pdf - Convert PostScript to PDF using ghostscript ps2pdf12 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.2 (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible) using ghostscript ps2pdf13 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.3 (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible) using ghostscript SYNOPSIS
ps2pdf [options...] (input.[e]ps|-) [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf12 [options...] (input.[e]ps|-) [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf13 [options...] (input.[e]ps|-) [output.pdf|-] DESCRIPTION
The ps2pdf scripts are work-alikes for nearly all the functionality (but not the user interface) of Adobe's Acrobat(TM) Distiller(TM) prod- uct: they convert PostScript files to Portable Document Format (PDF) files. The three scripts differ as follows: - ps2pdf12 will always produce PDF 1.2 output (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf13 will always produce PDF 1.3 output (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf per se currently produces PDF 1.2 output (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible). However, this may change in the future. If you care about the compatibility level of the output, use ps2pdf12 or ps2pdf13, or use the -dCompatibility=1.x switch in the command line. There are some limitations in ps2pdf's conversion. See the HTML documentation for more information. SEE ALSO
gs(1), ps2pdfwr(1), Ps2pdf.htm in the Ghostscript documentation VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 7.05. AUTHOR
L. Peter Deutsch <ghost@aladdin.com> is the principal author of Ghostscript. Russell J. Lang <rjl@aladdin.com> is the author of most of the MS Windows code in Ghostscript. This manpage by George Ferguson. 7.05 22 April 2002 PS2PDF(1)