Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sockets select() question
Top Forums Programming Sockets select() question Post 302405931 by Corona688 on Saturday 20th of March 2010 06:14:06 PM
Old 03-20-2010
No, you cannot modify the FD set while it's waiting on it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sockets...

Hi ! I had a verry simple question to ask... In unix when we create pipes.. the unnamed pipes that is... is there any way to access those pipes outside the code ? Another thing.. do sockets have an entry in the inode table ? TIA, Devyani. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devy8
1 Replies

2. Programming

Sockets!?!?!?!?!?!

I am looking for a way to have a program listen on a port (example: 8000) for communication I will be sending via that port to it(Linux Kernel machine). Once it recieves an appropiate command I need it to run a .bat file in linux. I know what I need to do but I am running into a few problems:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigB8210
8 Replies

3. Programming

sockets question

I'm new to sockets programming and I have a few questions: Is the a maximum limit that you can use for the send and receive buffers via a call to setsockopt()? Does it differ on different OSs? If it does, how do I find out the max limit? What is the advantage to setting the buffers to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalburger
1 Replies

4. Programming

sockets question again

I apologize if this seems like a repeat post, but I never got a clear answer (this isn't a criticism, it's possible I'm not being clear enough)....I'm attempting to enlarge the socket buffers for a udg socket, but it seems that no matter how large I attempt to set the buffer with setsockopt( ) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sockets

how do i mointor how many sockets are opened from a particular foriegn address? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirpond
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Sockets in use

Is there a way to see what sockets are in use? The developers here are getting some defunct processes and they would like to get a socket list. This is on a Solaris 8 machine. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
1 Replies

7. Programming

need help with sockets

anyone and teach me how to save standard output to a file in a client/server socket. I know how to read them to the screen but i'm not quite sure how to save them to a file. my read to screen file code: memset(line, 0x0, LINE_ARRAY_SIZE); while (recv(connectSocket, line, MAX_MSG, 0) >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crunchyuser
1 Replies

8. Programming

sockets - can you send data while waiting on select()

Hey guys, Is it possible to have a worker thread send data out a TCP connection while another thread is waiting using using select() on that same connection? If not, then what is the correct way to maintain a connection, react to incoming data, and send data over a TCP connection? Thanks... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: scubanarc
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select ksh menu question

I am creating a Select menu with a few options and I would like to create a "better" looking interface than just this: 1) Option 1 2) Option 2 3) Option 3 Instead, I would like something like this: *********** * Cool Script * * 1) Option 1 * * 2) Option 2 * * 3) Option 3 *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipblah84
2 Replies

10. IP Networking

Basic question about sockets

Hi - I've written an app that, among other things, accepts a telnet connection (made via the "telnet" command from a terminal) and converses with it. I'd like to make this work so that only one client at a time can connect. Currently, when a second user tries to connect, the incoming messages... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzimmers
2 Replies
cSignal(3)							   util/ulocks.h							cSignal(3)

NAME
cSignal - send signal to one waiting thread. SYNOPSIS
#include <util/ulocks.h> NEOERR *cSignal(pthread_cond_t *cond); ARGUMENTS
cond - condition variable to send signal on. DESCRIPTION
Sends a signal to one thread waiting on condition variable <cond>. MT-Level: Safe. RETURN VALUE
None. SEE ALSO
mCreate(3), fCreate(3), mUnlock(3), fUnlock(3), cBroadcast(3), cSignal(3), fFind(3), cDestroy(3), cCreate(3), mDestroy(3), cWait(3), fLock(3), fDestroy(3), mLock ClearSilver 12 July 2007 cSignal(3)