Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: editing a file in a script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting editing a file in a script Post 302405716 by cfajohnson on Friday 19th of March 2010 05:40:22 PM
Old 03-19-2010
Code:
file=/path/to/file
EDITOR=${EDITOR:-vi} ## User's preferred editor; use vi if not set

hash1=$( md5sum "$file" )
$EDITOR "$file"
hash2=$( md5sum "$file" )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing a file using a script

Hi I have about 10 config files belonging to software that runs on SCO UNIX. These files contain, amongst many other things, a path which points to the software locations. We normally have to change them manually every time the software is coppied to a new location and when you gotta do a few... (45 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ypnos
45 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Editing a file in a shell script

Using Solaris 8. I need to create a shell script that will edit a text file. I need to look in the text file and do a search and replace. For instance, the text file name is always 'filename'. I need to open filename and replace every instance of 'oldtext' with 'newtext'. 'oldtext' is static. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jowpup
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing a file via a shell script ??

Morning All: I know this might be easy but since I don't do this very often I get stumped real quick... Sun box Solaris 8 ksh... I need to edit a file via a shell script. In this file I need to locate one specific line and then remove that line plus the next 20 line below that.... Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyc
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing excel file through shell script

Hi, I am having a business file in excel having charts based on data already present on it. I would like to add new rows after the existing data and refesh the chart on it using shell script. For example-- In excel file in "sheet1", There is some data in first 10 rows ( from column A to F).... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing a file using shell script

HI all, I have file in the below format 1111111111_222222222_3333333 111111_22222_33333 11111111_222222_33333333333 i need to display this file like this 2222222_1111111111 22222_11111111 22222222222_1111111111111 can anyone help me with this Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saravanan71184
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems editing file with awk in bash script

Hello dear users, here I have a script to manipulate .csv files that are like this originally: And I need to make a script to delete certain fields. Each field is separated with a comma. So, here is my script (at least a part of it): Field $1 is composed of a name, and then a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sr00t
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing single line in html file in perl script

Hi Folks, It is regarding the perl scripting. I have an html file(many files) which contains the below line in the body tag. <body> <P><STRONG><FONT face="comic sans ms,cursive,sans-serif"><EM>Hello</EM></FONT></STRONG></P> </body> Now I want to read that html file through perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing a file on remote server using shell script locally

Hi All, I have below requirements for my project: 1. Building a shell script which connects to a remote server 2. running script on local machine as user 'A' 3. connecting to server using user 'B' with password 4. login with a powerbroker role 'P' (asks for same password as 'B') on that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nishant Ladiwal
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing a file on remote server using shell script locally

Hi Scott, My previous post was not for any school or college projects. I am currently working with a IT company (Cannot provide more details than this). I am trying to implement the below script in my day-to-day work, Apologies for the confusion in previous post :). My question remains same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishant Ladiwal
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing and Editing a json file with bash script

I am trying to automate editing of a json file using bash script. The file I initially receive is { "appMap": { "URL1": { "name": "a" }, "URL2": { "name": "b" }, "URL3": { "name": "c" }, } WHat I would like to do is replace... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
5 Replies
OCAMLGRAPH-EDITOR(1)						   User Commands					      OCAMLGRAPH-EDITOR(1)

NAME
ocamlgraph-editor - GTK-based graph editor based on hyperbolic geometry. SYNOPSIS
ocamlgraph-editor [-dfs] [-bfs] [-rr refresh-rate] [-aa] [[-help] | [--help]] [graph-file] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the ocamlgraph-editor command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. ocamlgraph-editor is an OCaml and GTK based graph editor based on hyperbolic geometry. -dfs DFS drawing strategy. -bfs BFS drawing strategy. -rr refresh-rate Set the refresh rate, must be greater than 0. -aa Turn off anti-aliased mode. graph-file Files to edit. -help, --help Display an help message. LICENSE
This manual page was written by Sylvain Le Gall gildor@debian.org for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License, Version 2.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; considering as source code all the file that enable the production of this manpage. AUTHOR
Sylvain Le Gall <gildor@debian.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Sylvain Le Gall OCamlGraph June 21, 2008 OCAMLGRAPH-EDITOR(1)