Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Is Concurrent I/O (CIO) available on Linux? Post 302405711 by arizah on Friday 19th of March 2010 05:12:13 PM
Old 03-19-2010
Hi Jim,

Thanks A lot. Really appreciate your comments. In regards to your question about having performance issues no because at this stage is merely a discusion but I have had issues in the past and basically I believe for Database servers the big vendors of Oracle and DB2 suggest to bypass the filesystem cache as the databases they have their own cache/buffercache and also that memory that you release by bypassing the filesystem cache can be allocate it to make the DB caches larger.

thanks again.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

turning CIO on and how to monitor

Hi Guys, I have a database server where we run AIX 5.3 on a power5 box and we just turned on CIO (concurrent I/O) for the database filesystems. Now my assumption is that enabling CIO the database basically will bypass the filesystem cache releasing some extra memory that can be allocated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hariza
1 Replies

2. AIX

turning CIO on and how to monitor

Hi Guys, I have a database server where we run AIX 5.3 on a power5 box and we just turned on CIO (concurrent I/O) for the database filesystems. Now my assumption is that enabling CIO the database basically will bypass the filesystem cache releasing some extra memory that can be allocated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hariza
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CIO in AIX

Hi, I'm reading AIX documentation : Examples 1.To list the mounted file systems, enter: mountThis command produces output similar to the following: node mounted mounted over vfs date options ---- ------- ------------ --- ------------ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

4. AIX

Difference between concurrent and enhanced concurrent VG

Hi, What are the differences between concurrent and enhanced concurrent VGs.? Any advantages of enhanced concurrent VG over normal concurrent vg Regards, Siva (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
2 Replies
GIT-CREDENTIAL-CAC(1)						    Git Manual						     GIT-CREDENTIAL-CAC(1)

NAME
git-credential-cache - Helper to temporarily store passwords in memory SYNOPSIS
git config credential.helper 'cache [options]' DESCRIPTION
This command caches credentials in memory for use by future Git programs. The stored credentials never touch the disk, and are forgotten after a configurable timeout. The cache is accessible over a Unix domain socket, restricted to the current user by filesystem permissions. You probably don't want to invoke this command directly; it is meant to be used as a credential helper by other parts of Git. See gitcredentials(7) or EXAMPLES below. OPTIONS
--timeout <seconds> Number of seconds to cache credentials (default: 900). --socket <path> Use <path> to contact a running cache daemon (or start a new cache daemon if one is not started). Defaults to ~/.git-credential-cache/socket. If your home directory is on a network-mounted filesystem, you may need to change this to a local filesystem. CONTROLLING THE DAEMON
If you would like the daemon to exit early, forgetting all cached credentials before their timeout, you can issue an exit action: git credential-cache exit EXAMPLES
The point of this helper is to reduce the number of times you must type your username or password. For example: $ git config credential.helper cache $ git push http://example.com/repo.git Username: <type your username> Password: <type your password> [work for 5 more minutes] $ git push http://example.com/repo.git [your credentials are used automatically] You can provide options via the credential.helper configuration variable (this example drops the cache time to 5 minutes): $ git config credential.helper 'cache --timeout=300' GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.3.1 06/10/2014 GIT-CREDENTIAL-CAC(1)