Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX TrueType Fonts Installation Post 302405206 by bakunin on Thursday 18th of March 2010 06:29:17 AM
Old 03-18-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kah00na
Which font-server can handle Truetype-fonts that is compatible with AIX?
I entered "truetype fonts aix" into google and got this as third hit.

Quote:
If I have the font in a "*.bff" or "*.pcf.Z" format, then I don't need a new font-server?
correct.

Quote:
Is there any process for converting *.ttf files into *.pcf.Z?
With a font server using TrueType-fonts why would you want to do this?

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX Installation

I am in need some some simple... straight forward instructions for creating file systems on AIX. I have a raid controller and 4 18.2gb Hot Swap SCSI drives. I am sooooo confused about Volume Groups, Physical Volume, and Physical Partition, and Logical Volume and Logical Partitions. In a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
1 Replies

2. AIX

aix installation

hey all I have ibm RS6000 WORKSTATION,iam new to aix i worked on sparc system,but dont know anything abt aix can some one guide me how to install aix 4.3.3 fresh installtion how the partition to be created how to start the installltion and finish it how to add new external hdd. plss osme one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
1 Replies

3. AIX

Need AIX 4.3.3 installation disk 1

This is a serious longshot but my system crashed and I need to bring it back up, I put my cd into the drive to boot and it does not work. I cannot find another copy anywhere (internet, friends, other companies, etc...). Apparently while trying to install the Veristas remote agent for unix I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: colb926
0 Replies

4. AIX

Installation of CUPS in AIX

Hi, In cups.org, it is said CUPS 1.1.9 adds support for AIX, adds several performance improvements to the scheduler, adds support for the Apache Include directive, adds new HideImplicitMembers and ImplicitAnyClasses directives, stores user-defined options as differences from the system-defined... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
3 Replies

5. AIX

how to install fonts in AIX

Dear Friends, Please help me out to install fonts in AIX. I am new to AIX. Thanks in advance. Regards, dba (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix.dba
2 Replies

6. AIX

Adding own fonts in AIX

Hi I am new to AIX and want to install some fonts (in Indian Languages) created by us into the AIX server and we should be able to use these fonts in Mozilla and other user applications. There is no Info Print Manager. We have font files as PFB/PFM and TTF. Which is the best method to go... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mssridhar
0 Replies

7. AIX

Russian fonts not displaying in AIX PDF files

Hi, We have an issue with russian cyrillic fonts that are not displayed correctly in pdf when application works in AIX . The same russian fonts are displayed properly in windows machine. There are spaces between russian characters and also cyrillic fonts are overlapping in AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jinto
3 Replies

8. AIX

AIX NIM installation

Could you please let me know, if it is possible to have NIM server running on one volume group and other applications like oracle running on other volume group. Do we need to have a dedicated server for only AIX NIM server?. I am new to AIX and planning to install NIM server on a test server. which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saikiran_1984
3 Replies

9. AIX

AIX Fonts and Display issue

Hello Everyone, have a question regarding fonts: #env root@oraapp:/>env _=/usr/bin/env LANG=ar_AA LOGIN=root SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/1 PATH=/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:/usr/java131/jre/bin:/u ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

10. AIX

How to find the details of Fonts on AIX?

Hi, Can someone help me out, how I can find the details of the Fonts installed on AIX, details such as the font type, directory, Non-Latin Fonts like Greek, Hebrew, or Arabic, starting with Arabic Objective: Oracle Reports creates PDF on AIX we want to use ARABIC Fonts which are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies
Font::TTF::Ttc(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Font::TTF::Ttc(3)

NAME
Font::TTF::Ttc - Truetype Collection class DESCRIPTION
A TrueType collection is a collection of TrueType fonts in one file in which tables may be shared between different directories. In order to support this, the TTC introduces the concept of a table being shared by different TrueType fonts. This begs the question of what should happen to the ' PARENT' property of a particular table. It is made to point to the first directory object which refers to it. It is therefore up to the application to sort out any confusion. Confusion only occurs if shared tables require access to non-shared tables. This should not happen since the shared tables are dealing with glyph information only and the private tables are dealing with encoding and glyph identification. Thus the general direction is from identification to glyph and not the other way around (at least not without knowledge of the particular context). INSTANCE VARIABLES
The following instance variables are preceded by a space fname (P) Filename for this TrueType Collection INFILE (P) The filehandle of this collection The following instance variable does not start with a space directs An array of directories (Font::TTF::Font objects) for each sub-font in the directory METHODS
Font::TTF::Ttc->open($fname) Opens and reads the given filename as a TrueType Collection. Reading a collection involves reading each of the directories which go to make up the collection. $c->read Reads a Collection by reading all the directories in the collection $c->find($direct, $name, $check, $off, $len) Hunts around to see if a table with the given characteristics of name, checksum, offset and length has been associated with a directory earlier in the list. Actually on checks the offset since no two tables can share the same offset in a TrueType font, collection or otherwise. $c->DESTROY Closees any opened files by us BUGS
No known bugs, but then not ever executed! AUTHOR
Martin Hosken Martin_Hosken@sil.org. See Font::TTF::Font for copyright and licensing. perl v5.16.3 2011-10-13 Font::TTF::Ttc(3)