Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copying files with increment in destination Post 302405186 by posix on Thursday 18th of March 2010 05:56:09 AM
Old 03-18-2010
Wrench

It is not working for me , It is not sure that every file in the source is in the same count numbers it may differ from files to files.
Code:
a.gif       a.txt      k.xml
 a.gif_1    a.txt_1   k.xml_1
a.gif_2     a.txt_2
a.gif_3

It's extension changing for each run of script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync: taking advantage of files in different directory other than destination

Dear Folks, I have to backup pgsql database dump everynight on a routine. The database dump actually contains sql(text) statements. The actual size of the database dump is aroung 800 MB. Between two days backup, only few lines of statements are modified/added/deleted. I dont want to do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rssrik
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving extremely large number of files to destination

Hello Techies, m here with a small issue. Have read out all the relavent threads on unix.com but it was not so good sol. for me. It's a simple & known issue. I want to move lots of files to dest folder. Actually I want to pick up 1 year older files, but that is even taking lots of... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar.mehta
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files from source to destination directory based on the filename

Move all files starting with a specific name to different directory. This shell script program should have three parameters File Name Source Directory Destination Directory User should be able to enter ‘AB_CD*' in file name parameter. In this case all the files starting with AB_CD will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chetancrsp18
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving Multiple files to destination files

I am running a code like this foreach list ($tmp) mv *_${list}.txt ${chart}_${list}.txt #mv: when moving multiple files, last argument must be a directory mv *_${list}.doc ${chart}_${list}.doc #mv: when moving multiple files, last argument must be a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy files grabbing destination folder from file name

Hi all... Below is what I am trying to do: 1. Having the following folder with the files... /source_folder/dodiddone.tar.gz /source_folder/gowentgone.tar.gz /source_folder/gowentgone.log 2. I need to copy and chown files with extension .tar.gz to another folder copy... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pedroz
1 Replies

6. Linux

rpmbuild, how to specify a different source and destination path for files

I'd like to specify a different build and deployment path for files, by default the same path is used for both build and install, I wasn't able to find a way to make these different. With Solaris pkgadd, one can specify different paths in prototype, so I would assume something like that is possible... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiburblium
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync not deleting files on destination

I've got a rsync script that backups file from disk1 to disk3. This works great however if there are extra files on disk3 they do not get deleted by the sync. I'm syncing all folders from F-J rsync --progress -v --delete --delete-excluded -av --recursive /home/disk1/Files/*... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmccarthy
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rsync not deleting destination files/folders

Hi All, I want delete all files from destination folder. I am trying below commands rsync -avFF --delete-after /home/vizion/source/ /home/vizion/destination/ I need to be delete all file/fodders from destination Any body have idea ? Please correct me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chenchireddy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error files count while coping files from source to destination locaton as well count success full

hi All, Any one answer my requirement. I have source location src_dir="/home/oracle/arun/IRMS-CM" My Target location dest_dir="/home/oracle/arun/LiveLink/IRMS-CM/$dc/$pc/$ct" my source text files check with below example.text file content $fn "\t" $dc "\t" $pc "\t" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preserve destination timestamp while copying

Hi Guys, I am trying to copy a file from source to destination, I need to preseve timestamp of destination cd desitnation ll file.txt Aug 17 17:22 file.txt cp -p source/file.txt destination/ I need to preseve same timestamp after copying cd desitnation ll file.txt Aug 17... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)