Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: i can't cut the third col
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting i can't cut the third col Post 302405162 by maxim42 on Thursday 18th of March 2010 05:11:37 AM
Old 03-18-2010
thanks it is work but not logic i can't every time i have text to count no of characters i can't i have like this file about 20 files
plz any one have another idea

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help On col command

Hello Can Any1 tell me the difference between the col command and the col command with the -f option. I tried running both of them but i can't see any difference. Please guide me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Info about col command

Hello every1. Can any1 help me with the col command. Wat is a reverse line feed. Which kind of files u need to use the col command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Match col 1 of File 1 with col 1 File 2 and create a 3rd file

Hello, I have a 1.6 GB file that I would like to modify by matching some ids in col1 with the ids in col 1 of file2.txt and save the results into a 3rd file. For example: File 1 has 1411 rows, I ignore how many columns it has (thousands) File 2 has 311 rows, 1 column Would like to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sogi
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Delete the First Blank of the First Col?

Hi to all. In the following example, how can I delete the first blank of the first col? (using shell scripting) first second third fourth fifth sixth seventh eighth Thank's for reading. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: daniel.gbaena
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add new col in a file

Hi, Experts, I have a requirement as following: my source file: a a a b b c c c c I need add one more colume as following: 1 a 2 a 3 a 1 b 2 b 1 c 2 c (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Print line based on highest value of col (B) and repetion of values in col (A)

Hello everyone, I am writing a script to process data from the ATP world tour. I have a file which contains: t=540 y=2011 r=1 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=2 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=3 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=4 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=1 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=2 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=3 p=N409 The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imahmoud
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing from col x to end of line, except last col

Hello, I have some tab delimited data and I need to move the last col. I could hard code it, awk '{ print $1,$NF,$2,$3,$4,etc }' infile > outfile but it would be nice to know the syntax to print a range cols. I know in cut you can do, cut -f 1,4-8,11- to print fields 1,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying col values based on another col

Hi, Please help with this. I have several excel files (with and .xlsx format) with 10-15 columns each. They all have the same type of data but the columns are not ordered in the same way. Here is a 3 column example. What I want to do add the alphabet from column 2 to column 3, provided... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matrix to 3 col sorted

Hello experts, I have matrices sorted by position, there are 400k rows, 3000 columns. ID CHR POS M1 M2 M3 M4 M5 ID1 1 1 4.6 2.6 2.1 3.5 4.2 ID2 1 100 3.6 2.9 3.2 2.6 2.5 ID3 1 1000 4.1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
9 Replies
Touch(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Touch(3pm)

NAME
File::Touch - update access and modification timestamps, creating nonexistent files where necessary. SYNOPSIS
use File::Touch; @file_list = ('one.txt','../two.doc'); $count = touch(@file_list); use File::Touch; $reference_file = '/etc/passwd'; $touch_obj = File::Touch->new( reference => $reference_file, no_create => 1 ); @file_list = ('one.txt','../two.doc'); $count = $touch_obj->touch(@file_list); DESCRIPTION
Here's a list of arguments that can be used with the object-oriented contruction: atime_only => [0|1] If nonzero, change only the access time of files. Default is zero. mtime_only => [0|1] If nonzero, change only the modification time of files. Default is zero. no_create => [0|1] If nonzero, do not create new files. Default is zero. reference => $reference_file If defined, use timestamps from this file instead of current time. Default is undefined. atime => $time If defined, use this time (in epoch seconds) instead of current time for access time. mtime => $time If defined, use this time (in epoch seconds) instead of current time for modification time. Examples Update access and modification times, creating nonexistent files use File::Touch; my @files = ('one','two','three'); my $count = touch(@files); print "$count files updated "; Set access time forward, leave modification time unchanged use File::Touch; my @files = ('one','two','three'); my $day = 24*60*60; my $time = time() + 30 * $day; my $ref = File::Touch->new( atime_only => 1, time => $time ); my $count = $ref->touch(@files); print "$count files updated "; Set modification time back, update access time, do not create nonexistent files use File::Touch; my @files = ('one','two','three'); my $day = 24*60*60; my $time = time() - 30 * $day; my $ref = File::Touch->new( mtime => $time, no_create => 1 ); my $count = $ref->touch(@files); print "$count files updated "; AUTHOR
Nigel Wetters Gourlay (nwetters@cpan.org) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2001,2007,2009 Nigel Wetters Gourlay. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2009-07-25 Touch(3pm)