Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: i can't cut the third col
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting i can't cut the third col Post 302405160 by maxim42 on Thursday 18th of March 2010 05:04:32 AM
Old 03-18-2010
i can't cut the third col

Code:
SW_dist_intr    false              Enable SW distribution of interrupts              True
autorestart     true               Automatically REBOOT OS after a crash             True
boottype        disk               N/A                                               False
capacity_inc    1.00               Processor capacity increment                      False
capped          true               Partition is capped                               False
conslogin       enable             System Console Login                              False
cpuguard        enable             CPU Guard                                         True
dedicated       true               Partition is dedicated                            False
ent_capacity    2.00               Entitled processor capacity                       False
frequency       2656000000         System Bus Frequency                              False
fullcore        false              Enable full CORE dump                             True
fwversion       IBM,EL340_061      Firmware version and revision levels              False
id_to_partition 0X80000BAB8FC00001 Partition ID                                      False
id_to_system    0X80000BAB8FC00000 System ID                                         False
iostat          false              Continuously maintain DISK I/O history            True
keylock         normal             State of system keylock at boot time              False
log_pg_dealloc  true               Log predictive memory page deallocation events    True
max_capacity    2.00               Maximum potential processor capacity              False
max_logname     9                  Maximum login name length at boot time            True
maxbuf          20                 Maximum number of pages in block I/O BUFFER CACHE True
maxmbuf         0                  Maximum Kbytes of real memory allowed for MBUFS   True
maxpout         0                  HIGH water mark for pending write I/Os per file   True
maxuproc        2048               Maximum number of PROCESSES allowed per user      True
min_capacity    1.00               Minimum potential processor capacity              False
minpout         0                  LOW water mark for pending write I/Os per file    True
modelname       IBM,8203-E4A       Machine name                                      False
ncargs          128                ARG/ENV list size in 4K byte blocks               True
nfs4_acl_compat secure             NFS4 ACL Compatibility Mode                       True
pre430core      false              Use pre-430 style CORE dump                       True
pre520tune      disable            Pre-520 tuning compatibility mode                 True
realmem         16056320           Amount of usable physical memory in Kbytes        False
rtasversion     1                  Open Firmware RTAS version                        False
sed_config      select             Stack Execution Disable (SED) Mode                True
systemid        IBM,02657AA64      Hardware system identifier                        False
variable_weight 0                  Variable processor capacity weight                False

i have this text and i need the third culmn but i used cut or awk i can't get the third field cause there are spaces in the third field can any one help me

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help On col command

Hello Can Any1 tell me the difference between the col command and the col command with the -f option. I tried running both of them but i can't see any difference. Please guide me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Info about col command

Hello every1. Can any1 help me with the col command. Wat is a reverse line feed. Which kind of files u need to use the col command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Match col 1 of File 1 with col 1 File 2 and create a 3rd file

Hello, I have a 1.6 GB file that I would like to modify by matching some ids in col1 with the ids in col 1 of file2.txt and save the results into a 3rd file. For example: File 1 has 1411 rows, I ignore how many columns it has (thousands) File 2 has 311 rows, 1 column Would like to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sogi
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Delete the First Blank of the First Col?

Hi to all. In the following example, how can I delete the first blank of the first col? (using shell scripting) first second third fourth fifth sixth seventh eighth Thank's for reading. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: daniel.gbaena
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add new col in a file

Hi, Experts, I have a requirement as following: my source file: a a a b b c c c c I need add one more colume as following: 1 a 2 a 3 a 1 b 2 b 1 c 2 c (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Print line based on highest value of col (B) and repetion of values in col (A)

Hello everyone, I am writing a script to process data from the ATP world tour. I have a file which contains: t=540 y=2011 r=1 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=2 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=3 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=4 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=1 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=2 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=3 p=N409 The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imahmoud
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing from col x to end of line, except last col

Hello, I have some tab delimited data and I need to move the last col. I could hard code it, awk '{ print $1,$NF,$2,$3,$4,etc }' infile > outfile but it would be nice to know the syntax to print a range cols. I know in cut you can do, cut -f 1,4-8,11- to print fields 1,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying col values based on another col

Hi, Please help with this. I have several excel files (with and .xlsx format) with 10-15 columns each. They all have the same type of data but the columns are not ordered in the same way. Here is a 3 column example. What I want to do add the alphabet from column 2 to column 3, provided... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matrix to 3 col sorted

Hello experts, I have matrices sorted by position, there are 400k rows, 3000 columns. ID CHR POS M1 M2 M3 M4 M5 ID1 1 1 4.6 2.6 2.1 3.5 4.2 ID2 1 100 3.6 2.9 3.2 2.6 2.5 ID3 1 1000 4.1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
9 Replies
XtSetSensitive(3Xt)													       XtSetSensitive(3Xt)

NAME
XtSetSensitive, XtIsSensitive - set and check a widget's sensitivity state SYNOPSIS
void XtSetSensitive(w, sensitive) Widget w; Boolean sensitive; Boolean XtIsSensitive(w) Widget w; ARGUMENTS
Specifies a Boolean value that indicates whether the widget should receive keyboard and pointer events. Specifies the widget. DESCRIPTION
The XtSetSensitive function first calls XtSetValues on the current widget with an argument list specifying that the sensitive field should change to the new value. It then recursively propagates the new value down the managed children tree by calling XtSetValues on each child to set the ancestor_sensitive to the new value if the new values for sensitive and the child's ancestor_sensitive are not the same. XtSetSensitive calls XtSetValues to change sensitive and ancestor_sensitive. Therefore, when one of these changes, the widget's set_values procedure should take whatever display actions are needed (for example, greying out or stippling the widget). XtSetSensitive maintains the invariant that if parent has either sensitive or ancestor_sensitive False, then all children have ances- tor_sensitive False. The XtIsSensitive function returns True or False to indicate whether or not user input events are being dispatched. If both core.sensitive and core.ancestor_sensitive are True, XtIsSensitive returns True; otherwise, it returns False. SEE ALSO
X Toolkit Intrinsics -- C Language Interface Xlib -- C Language X Interface XtSetSensitive(3Xt)