Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to count filenames after getting them with "set"? Post 302405010 by spidermike on Wednesday 17th of March 2010 09:04:40 PM
Old 03-17-2010
I think it does not work that way within the same loop when creating the variables in the ksh?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with "set" and "awk"

Hi, i'm programming on /bin/csh and i need to get the number extracted by this: set ppl_kn = $(awk '{ field = $6 } ; END{ print field }' < ppl_LM_kn.ppl ) and the output is: "Illegal variable name." Please anyone can help me what's wrong? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmxps
2 Replies

2. Programming

Differece between "env" and "set" command

Hi, Please clarify what is the difference between "env" and "set" command. I guess set will display the system variables and user defined variables. Thanks Sweta (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sweta
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH find filenames in list that match certain "pattern."

I guess by "pattern," I mean something different from how that word is defined in the Linux world. If you take $ to mean a letter (a-z) and # to mean a number (0-9), then the pattern I'm trying to match is as follows: $$$##-####-###-###.jpg I'd like to write a script that reads in a list of files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why awk print is strange when I set FS = " " instead of FS = "\t"?

Look at the following data file(cou.data) which has four fields separated by tab. Four fields are country name, land area, population, continent where it belongs. As for country name or continent name which has two words, two words are separated by space. (Data are not accurately... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chihuyu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
scsi_setup_cdb(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					scsi_setup_cdb(9F)

NAME
scsi_setup_cdb - setup SCSI command descriptor block (CDB) SYNOPSIS
int scsi_setup_cdb(union scsi_cdb *cdbp, uchar_t cmd, uint_t addr, uint_t cnt, uint_t othr_cdb_data); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
cdbp Pointer to command descriptor block. cmd The first byte of the SCSI group 0, 1, 2, 4, or 5 CDB. addr Pointer to the location of the data. cnt Data transfer length in units defined by the SCSI device type. For sequential devices cnt is the number of bytes. For block devices, cnt is the number of blocks. othr_cdb_data Additional CDB data. DESCRIPTION
The scsi_setup_cdb() function initializes a group 0, 1, 2, 4, or 5 type of command descriptor block pointed to by cdbp using cmd, addr, cnt, othr_cdb_data. addr should be set to 0 for commands having no addressing information (for example, group 0 READ command for sequential access devices). othr_cdb_data should be additional CDB data for Group 4 commands; otherwise, it should be set to 0. The scsi_setup_cdb() function does not set the LUN bits in CDB[1] as the makecom(9F) functions do. Also, the fixed bit for sequential access device commands is not set. RETURN VALUES
The scsi_setup_cdb() function returns: 1 Upon success. 0 Upon failure. CONTEXT
These functions can be called from a user, interrupt, or kernel context. SEE ALSO
makecom(9F), scsi_pkt(9S) Writing Device Drivers American National Standard Small Computer System Interface-2 (SCSI-2) American National Standard SCSI-3 Primary Commands (SPC) SunOS 5.11 16 Jan 2006 scsi_setup_cdb(9F)