Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Building my own CPAN repository Post 302404902 by dennis.jacob on Wednesday 17th of March 2010 12:45:53 PM
Old 03-17-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pludi
You can mirror CPAN using either rsync as detailed in How do I mirror CPAN? in the CPAN FAQ, or by using the CPAN::Mini module (and the minicpan utility). Both will mirror down the sources for Perl (minicpan only the most current version), but from there you'll have to build it yourself.
That is just the first part .ie, making it sync with the cpan mirror in one server. But even if he make it sync, he needs to have that installed modules available to all other servers.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CYGWIN/CPAN install of Expect.pm

I am attempting to install a Perl Expect module via the CPAN . CPAN goes through the process but nothing happens, sample perl scripts can not find the Expect Module. CPAN was configured via the Default process " Are you ready for manual configuration? " answered "no". CPAN install seemed to find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: white222
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

CPAN: using only wget to d/l modules?

Is there a way to tell CPAN not to use Net::Ftp and the ftp binary? I want to only use wget to download perl modules. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating CPAN on FreeBSD

When using CPAN for the first time, a number of questions are prompted to the user, thereby halting the process. Since I am running FreeBSD I was wondering whether the inclusion of the port instead leads to the same result. So instead of having the following: perl -MCPAN -e "install DBD::SQLite"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while trying to install from CPAN

Hi i was trying to install Text::CSV from cpan... it seemed to have downloaded everythign properly but was not able to run the make file... do u have any idea as to why this happened?? Install: ============================= If you install Text::CSV_XS v.0.70, it makes Text::CSV faster. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VGR
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem to upgrade CPAN

Hi all, Since yesterday, I'm trying to upgrade CPAN on my Synology sevrer, because I have the next message in CPAN shell : cpan> install cpan CPAN: Storable loaded ok Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata Going to read /root/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz CPAN: Compress::Zlib... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikael2235
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cpan installation

Hi All, I need to install perl module using cpan, so befor that i checked cpan is installed or not . i tried , and got below output.but it is not clear to me. can u plz explain me. I dont know what the exactly cpan is useful. and in below why it is trying to create directory. $ cpan... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to install module using cpan

Hi, I am unable to install module using cpan. It says 407 Proxy Authentication Required I did setup proxy server and given username and password in .bashrc file and apt.conf file. export http_proxy=http://username:password@proxyserver:portno/ However, still unable to install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: InstallMedia.

Most of my commands are returning this error on RHEL 6 64 bit: Also I tried installing many sofwtares, but it fails to correctly work. For example I treid installing dos2unix: # rpm -ivh dos2unix-5.3.3-5.ram0.98.src.rpm 1:dos2unix warning: user mockbuild does not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: India_2014
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install CPAN without using yum on Linux?

Hi all, I am on Linux box where CPAN is not working for downloading any perl modules. When I try "perl -MCPAN -e shell" as root as well as a user, I get following error: Can't locate CPAN.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
2 Replies
CPAN::Meta::Feature(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    CPAN::Meta::Feature(3)

NAME
CPAN::Meta::Feature - an optional feature provided by a CPAN distribution VERSION
version 2.133380 DESCRIPTION
A CPAN::Meta::Feature object describes an optional feature offered by a CPAN distribution and specified in the distribution's META.json (or META.yml) file. For the most part, this class will only be used when operating on the result of the "feature" or "features" methods on a CPAN::Meta object. METHODS
new my $feature = CPAN::Meta::Feature->new( $identifier => \%spec ); This returns a new Feature object. The %spec argument to the constructor should be the same as the value of the "optional_feature" entry in the distmeta. It must contain entries for "description" and "prereqs". identifier This method returns the feature's identifier. description This method returns the feature's long description. prereqs This method returns the feature's prerequisites as a CPAN::Meta::Prereqs object. BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature using the CPAN Request Tracker. Bugs can be submitted through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/Dist/Display.html?Queue=CPAN-Meta> When submitting a bug or request, please include a test-file or a patch to an existing test-file that illustrates the bug or desired feature. AUTHORS
o David Golden <dagolden@cpan.org> o Ricardo Signes <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2010 by David Golden and Ricardo Signes. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-12-03 CPAN::Meta::Feature(3)