Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Building my own CPAN repository Post 302404902 by dennis.jacob on Wednesday 17th of March 2010 12:45:53 PM
Old 03-17-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pludi
You can mirror CPAN using either rsync as detailed in How do I mirror CPAN? in the CPAN FAQ, or by using the CPAN::Mini module (and the minicpan utility). Both will mirror down the sources for Perl (minicpan only the most current version), but from there you'll have to build it yourself.
That is just the first part .ie, making it sync with the cpan mirror in one server. But even if he make it sync, he needs to have that installed modules available to all other servers.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CYGWIN/CPAN install of Expect.pm

I am attempting to install a Perl Expect module via the CPAN . CPAN goes through the process but nothing happens, sample perl scripts can not find the Expect Module. CPAN was configured via the Default process " Are you ready for manual configuration? " answered "no". CPAN install seemed to find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: white222
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

CPAN: using only wget to d/l modules?

Is there a way to tell CPAN not to use Net::Ftp and the ftp binary? I want to only use wget to download perl modules. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating CPAN on FreeBSD

When using CPAN for the first time, a number of questions are prompted to the user, thereby halting the process. Since I am running FreeBSD I was wondering whether the inclusion of the port instead leads to the same result. So instead of having the following: perl -MCPAN -e "install DBD::SQLite"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while trying to install from CPAN

Hi i was trying to install Text::CSV from cpan... it seemed to have downloaded everythign properly but was not able to run the make file... do u have any idea as to why this happened?? Install: ============================= If you install Text::CSV_XS v.0.70, it makes Text::CSV faster. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VGR
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem to upgrade CPAN

Hi all, Since yesterday, I'm trying to upgrade CPAN on my Synology sevrer, because I have the next message in CPAN shell : cpan> install cpan CPAN: Storable loaded ok Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata Going to read /root/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz CPAN: Compress::Zlib... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikael2235
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cpan installation

Hi All, I need to install perl module using cpan, so befor that i checked cpan is installed or not . i tried , and got below output.but it is not clear to me. can u plz explain me. I dont know what the exactly cpan is useful. and in below why it is trying to create directory. $ cpan... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to install module using cpan

Hi, I am unable to install module using cpan. It says 407 Proxy Authentication Required I did setup proxy server and given username and password in .bashrc file and apt.conf file. export http_proxy=http://username:password@proxyserver:portno/ However, still unable to install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: InstallMedia.

Most of my commands are returning this error on RHEL 6 64 bit: Also I tried installing many sofwtares, but it fails to correctly work. For example I treid installing dos2unix: # rpm -ivh dos2unix-5.3.3-5.ram0.98.src.rpm 1:dos2unix warning: user mockbuild does not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: India_2014
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install CPAN without using yum on Linux?

Hi all, I am on Linux box where CPAN is not working for downloading any perl modules. When I try "perl -MCPAN -e shell" as root as well as a user, I get following error: Can't locate CPAN.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
2 Replies
smccompile(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    smccompile(1M)

NAME
smccompile - build class list and compile Solaris Management Console service beans for remote use SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -c beanname /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j tool | service [-n altjarname] jarfile /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library [-n altjarname] ALLTOOL | ALLSERVICE | ALL | attachedBeanname jarfile DESCRIPTION
The smccompile command is used by developers of tools, services, and libraries for the Solaris Management Console. For information regard- ing the Solaris Management Console, see smc(1M). smccompile compiles service class files given by the bean name for use with the Solaris Management Console. This step builds the extra proxy and stub classes for services to be used with Solaris Management Console tools. Solaris Management Console requires running smccom- pile -c before creating service jar files, and smccompile -j after creating tool, service, and library jars. smccompile, in conjunction with smcregister(1M), is intended to replace the smcconf command as the preferred interface for managing the Solaris Management Console repository as well as toolboxes from within scripts, due to significant performance enhancements over smcconf. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: ALL Specify that the library being registered to or unregistered from the repository is for use by all tools and services. ALLSERVICE Specify that the library being registered to or unregistered from the repository is for use by all services. ALLTOOL Specify that the library being registered to or unregistered from the repository is for use by all tools. attachedBeaname Specify the name of a registered jar to which the library jarfile should be attached to (or detached from). This is typi- cally the same as altjarname (if provided) or jarfile used to register the jar to which this library is being attached or detached. An attached library means the library is only available for use by the tool or service to which it is being attached. beanname The full package path of the bean name to be compiled. An example bean name is: com.mycompany.myproduct.MyService. -c Compile and build service class files for the specified bean name. This step builds the extra proxy and stub classes for services to be used with Solaris Management Console tools. You must run smccompile with this option before creating service type jar files. -j Build a list of classes in text format, suitable as input to smcregister for registration with the Solaris Management Con- sole repository. The output is written to standard out and should be redirected to a file. You must run smccompile with this option after creating any tool, service, or library jar. jarfile Specify the full path to the jar file to be registered. The name must be in the form beanname.jar, where beanname is the package path to the bean. If it is not, an alternate name must be given in that form using the -n option. -n altjarname Rename the jarfile in the repository to altjarname. Typically. this is the full bean name. For example, if the jarfile was MyTool.jar, then altjarname might be com.mycompany.myproduct.MyTool.jar. It is recommended that an altjarname containing the full package path be used. You must use this same name when registering the jar with smcregister. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Compiling a Service The following command takes a Solaris Management Console service and builds its proxy and stub classes to make the service usable by Solaris Management Console tools: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -c com.mycompany.myproject.MyServiceImpl Example 2: Building a Class List for a Service The following command builds the class list file (classlist.txt) for a service suitable for use with the smcregister(1M) command: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j service -n com.mycompany.myproject.MyServiceImpl.jar ${HOME}/workarea/MyServiceImpl.jar > classlist.txt The following command does the same thing without specifying an alternate name: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j service ${HOME}/workarea/com.mycompany.myproject.MyServiceImpl.jar > classlist.txt Example 3: Building a Class List for a Tool The following command builds the class list file (classlist.txt) for a tool suitable for use with the smcregister(1M) command: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j tool -n com.mycompany.myproject.MyTool.jar ${HOME}/workarea/MyTool.jar > classlist.txt The following command does the same thing without specifying an alternate name: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j tool ${HOME}/workarea/com.mycompany.myproject.MyTool.jar > classlist.txt Example 4: Building a Class List for a Library Attached to All Tools The following command builds the class list file (classlist.txt) for a library suitable for use with the smcregister(1M) command, and is attached to all tools: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library -n com.mycompany.myproject.MyLibrary.jar ALLTOOL ${HOME}/workarea/MyLibrary.jar > classlist.txt The following command does the same thing without specifying an alternate name: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library ALLTOOL ${HOME}/workarea/com.mycompany.myproject.MyLibrary.jar > classlist.txt Example 5: Building a Class List for a Library Attached to a Specific Tool The following command builds the class list file (classlist.txt) for a library suitable for use with the smcregister(1M) command, and is attached to a specific tool: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library -n com.mycompany.myproject.MyLibrary.jar com.mycompany.myproject.MyTool.jar ${HOME}/workarea/MyLibrary.jar > classlist.txt The following command does the same thing without specifying an alternate name: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library com.mycompany.myproject.MyTool.jar ${HOME}/workarea/com.mycompany.myproject.MyLibrary.jar > classlist.txt ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of smccompile: JAVA_HOME If you do not specify this environment variable, your PATH is searched for a suitable java. Otherwise, the /usr/j2se location is used. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWMc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
smc(1M), smcconf(1M), smcregister(1M), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
All standard shell quoting rules apply. SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2001 smccompile(1M)