Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Building my own CPAN repository Post 302404893 by dennis.jacob on Wednesday 17th of March 2010 12:30:21 PM
Old 03-17-2010
Why can't you download & install the necessary pm's in a repository in one server and make that filesystem NFS mounted on other servers? Add the necessary additions in the PATH for the local perl installed in the server(whichever version it may be)

I guess that will be efficient and more suitable for your requirement.

Last edited by dennis.jacob; 03-17-2010 at 01:46 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CYGWIN/CPAN install of Expect.pm

I am attempting to install a Perl Expect module via the CPAN . CPAN goes through the process but nothing happens, sample perl scripts can not find the Expect Module. CPAN was configured via the Default process " Are you ready for manual configuration? " answered "no". CPAN install seemed to find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: white222
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

CPAN: using only wget to d/l modules?

Is there a way to tell CPAN not to use Net::Ftp and the ftp binary? I want to only use wget to download perl modules. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating CPAN on FreeBSD

When using CPAN for the first time, a number of questions are prompted to the user, thereby halting the process. Since I am running FreeBSD I was wondering whether the inclusion of the port instead leads to the same result. So instead of having the following: perl -MCPAN -e "install DBD::SQLite"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while trying to install from CPAN

Hi i was trying to install Text::CSV from cpan... it seemed to have downloaded everythign properly but was not able to run the make file... do u have any idea as to why this happened?? Install: ============================= If you install Text::CSV_XS v.0.70, it makes Text::CSV faster. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VGR
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem to upgrade CPAN

Hi all, Since yesterday, I'm trying to upgrade CPAN on my Synology sevrer, because I have the next message in CPAN shell : cpan> install cpan CPAN: Storable loaded ok Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata Going to read /root/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz CPAN: Compress::Zlib... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikael2235
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cpan installation

Hi All, I need to install perl module using cpan, so befor that i checked cpan is installed or not . i tried , and got below output.but it is not clear to me. can u plz explain me. I dont know what the exactly cpan is useful. and in below why it is trying to create directory. $ cpan... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to install module using cpan

Hi, I am unable to install module using cpan. It says 407 Proxy Authentication Required I did setup proxy server and given username and password in .bashrc file and apt.conf file. export http_proxy=http://username:password@proxyserver:portno/ However, still unable to install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: InstallMedia.

Most of my commands are returning this error on RHEL 6 64 bit: Also I tried installing many sofwtares, but it fails to correctly work. For example I treid installing dos2unix: # rpm -ivh dos2unix-5.3.3-5.ram0.98.src.rpm 1:dos2unix warning: user mockbuild does not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: India_2014
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install CPAN without using yum on Linux?

Hi all, I am on Linux box where CPAN is not working for downloading any perl modules. When I try "perl -MCPAN -e shell" as root as well as a user, I get following error: Can't locate CPAN.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
2 Replies
DI-NETBOOT-ASSISTANT(1) 					   User Commands					   DI-NETBOOT-ASSISTANT(1)

NAME
di-netboot-assistant - Debian-Installer netboot assistant SYNOPSIS
di-netboot-assistant [-hv] [--verbose] [--offline] {[install image...] | [purge image...] | [rebuild-menu] } [--arch=arch] DESCRIPTION
di-netboot-assistant is a simple tool to download and extract latest debian installer netboot images. Unless the -h, --help, -v, or --version option is given, one of the commands below must be present. install install is followed by a repository name desired for installation. The repository name has to be one of those declared in /etc/di- netboot-assistant/di-sources.list. The image will be installed/extracted in the default location (declared in /etc/di-netboot- assistant/di-netboot-assistant.conf). purge purge will remove a previously installed d-i netboot image, according to the image name specified. OPTIONS
rebuild-menu rebuild-menu will rebuild the to level menu. It's only usefull if you have installed some client images that have such top level menu (like i386, amd64 and ia64). This command takes no argument. -h, --help Print this message and exit -v, --version Print script version and exit --arch=arch Specify the architecture you want to install or purge. The architecture you can use for the install action must be declared in /etc/di-netboot-assistant/di-sources.list. The architecture you can use for purge action in one of those you previously installed ! The usable architectures can be listed by leaving --arch= empty. The default architecture is the current one (as reported by dpkg's APT::Architecture). --verbose Verbose messages --offline Don't download the file (simply re-extract and build menu) PROXY
di-netboot-assistant uses wget or curl to actually download the files. You can set the environnement variables accordingly. AUTHOR
di-netboot-assistant was written by Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be>. Franklin Piat May 2008 DI-NETBOOT-ASSISTANT(1)