Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output Parameter value not displaying Post 302404812 by saviochacko on Wednesday 17th of March 2010 09:44:24 AM
Old 03-17-2010
Bug Output Parameter value not displaying

Hi all,

Below is my shell script that calls a stored procedure(with output parameter)
I have tried executing this script but it doesn't display the output parameter value. Can anyone help me ? Smilie

Code:
#!/bin/bash
###############################################################################
##  Script      : UpdateBatchNumbers.sh
##  Author      : Speridian
##  Installation: 
##  Created     : 16/03/2010
#
##  Summary     : Calls the StoredProcedure that will divide the entire records in batches
##	Location of this file: In Dev Env:/apps/siebel/DevNew2/siebsrvr/MONTHLY/Working
##  Revision History    
##     Date         Revised By      SIR #       Description of Change
##     --------     ------------------------- ------------- ----------------
###############################################################################
. ./UpdateBatchNumberEnvironment.env

#SHELL_START_TIME=`date`
#SHELL_NAME=`basename $0 | cut -d'.' -f1`
#DATE_VARIABLE=`date +%y%m%d%H%M%S`
#LOG_FILE_NAME=${SHELL_NAME}_${DATE_VARIABLE}.log
#LOG_FILE=${MONTHLY_LOG_FILE_DIR}/${LOG_FILE_NAME}
echo "**************************************************START BATCH NUMBER UPDATE********************************************************" > ${LOG_FILE}

var=`sqlplus -s ${USER}/${PASSWD}@${DATABASE} <<END 
set serveroutput on
SET  HEADING OFF
SET  LINESIZE 500
SET  PAGES 0
SET  RECSEP OFF
SET  VERIFY OFF
SET  SHOWMODE OFF
SET  ECHO OFF
SET  FEEDBACK OFF
SET  SPACE 0
SET TAB OFF
var batchrange char(200)
execute BATCHNUMBERPARAM('EIM_ORG_EXT_XM',16250,:batchrange)
exit;
END
`
echo 'var:'
echo $var

Last edited by Franklin52; 03-17-2010 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying Script command with output

How do you display the script command for a particular output result? Is there an editor that will allow for an echo or sysout of the script that causes an output result? We have hundreds of lines in the script, which we would like to see along with the output, and don't want to have to put in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JeDi
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

displaying output in a table.

Hello, I've just finished my first script (about displaying open ports on the computer and who opened them) and everything is fine with it but I want to style it a little bit just for the sake of learning how to do this. What I want to do is make the display like the one of ps, for example,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanchopansa
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying output from df -k in GB instead of KB

Hello all, Code below: echo "Oracle Filesystems" echo "------------------" echo for j in `df -l -k |grep total|grep ora|grep -v storage|grep -v vg00|awk '{print $1}'` do echo $j is `df -l -k $j |grep total|grep ora|grep -v storage|grep -v vg00|awk -F":" '{print $2}'|awk '{print $1}'` KB... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying Output in Columns

I'm writing a script to analyze the logs of an smtp relay machine and I'd like the final output to be displayed in columns showing results from the previous day, week, month, and 45 days. The problem I'm running into is that I can't figure out how to display the columns neatly so there is no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjamd64
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script not displaying output correctly

Hi, I am having an issue with my script, ofcourse... I am trying to run commands against a remote server, I am pulling the hostnames or IPs from a file list, then looping thru and running the date cmd. I will be running different cmds just trying to get it working first. The ouput isn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfezz1
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing filename as parameter and displaying the file contents

Hi All, Its extremely urgent regarding the following requirement. I have created few files in a directory. I have write a program in shell scripting such that it prompts for the filename . once the filename is entered,it should print the contents of the file. Can anyone help with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhi2424
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the output in the tabular Format

Hi, I have a file which contains the data in the below format and need to develop a script which will give the output in the tabular format. Could you please advice me. Folder: Workflow: version . Workflow run status: Workflow run error code: Schedule time: Workflow run type: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandi.reddy
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying output in the tabular format

Hi I want to display the following input data into the tabular format as shown in the output. Input.txt: Following jobs are in pending state for more than 10 minutes: JOB_ID JOB_SUBMIT_ID MAHAR 784308 PUNJA 109367 Following jobs are running for longer time: JOB_ID... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dats
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying log file pattern output in tabular form output

Hi All, I have result log file which looks like this (below): from the content need to consolidate the result and put it in tabular form 1). Intercomponents Checking Passed: All Server are passed. ====================================================================== 2). OS version Checking... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Luxadm displaying incorrect LUN parameter...

Hello, I have Solaris 10 running on one of rack server with dual port FC card. Each port of FC card is connected to two switches respectively. I have been trying to test multipathing functionality with one of FC Storage. While I have two storage controllers , each connected to the two switches... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxfreaker
0 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)