Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers wget with semicolon in page name Post 302404639 by pludi on Wednesday 17th of March 2010 02:25:02 AM
Old 03-17-2010
Just surround the URL with single quotes, that way you won't have to worry if you've escaped everything correctly (eg, '&', '?', '%', ...)
Code:
wget 'http://example.com/stuff/asdf;asdf'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the page size (of a url) using wget

Hi , I am trying to get page size of a url(e.g.,www.example.com) using wget command.Any thoughts what are the parameters i need to send with wget to get the size alone? Regards, Raj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajbal
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

WGET cycling on an updating page

Hello, I am experiencing an issue while downloading a few pages using wget. All of them work without a problem except one which is a page that does a tail on the log and as a result is constantly getting updated. wget here seems to run endlessly and needs to be manually killed. I wanted to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prafulnama
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to put semicolon

Hi guys, I want to write script so that i can put semicolon after every numeric e.g input would be like that 50060E80058F49A4 Output should be 50:06:0E:80:05:8F:49:A4 Please help Thanks & Regards Nirjhar (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirjhar17
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print multiple copies page by page using lp command

Hi I have a pdf file that is being generated using the rwrun command in the shell script. I then have the lp command in the shell script to print the same pdf file. Suppose there are 4 pages in the pdf file , I need to print 2 copies of the first page, 2 copies of the second page , then 2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for adding page number before page breaks

Hi, If there is an expert that can help: I have many txt files that are produced from pdftotext that include page breaks the page breaks seem to be unix style hex 0C. I want to add page numbers before each page break as in : Page XXXX Regards antman (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: antman
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget and single page

Good evening to all!! I'm trying to become familiar with wget. I would like to download a page from Wikipedia with all images and CSSs but without going down to all links present in the page. It should be named index.html. I would like also to save it to /mnt/us inside a new folder. This is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: silver18
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random web page download wget script

Hi, I've been attempting to create a script that downloads web pages at random intervals to mimic typical user usage. However I'm struggling to link $url to the URL list and thus wget complains of a missing URL. Any ideas? Thanks #!/bin/sh #URL List url1="http://www.bbc.co.uk"... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a semicolon and numbers after a semicolon

I have this: ((9:0.010,(11:0.089,13:0.004)) and I would like this: ((A9,(A11,A13)) How do I delete the semi colon and the number (i.e. 0.010) after the semi colon? Also, how can I add the letter before the number that is NOT removed? Thank you in advance! ---------- Post updated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MDeBiasse
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget

Hi, I need to download a zip file from my the below US govt link. https://www.sam.gov/SAMPortal/extractfiledownload?role=WW&version=SAM&filename=SAM_PUBLIC_MONTHLY_20160207.ZIP I only have wget utility installed on the server. When I use the below command, I am getting error 403... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace semicolon within double quotes in a file with semicolon delimiter

Hello Team, Could you please help me with the below question? I have a file with the following properties 1) File Delimiter is ; 2) Text columns are within double quotes 3) Numeric columns will not have double quotes 4) File has total 6 columns Please see a sample record from file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
3 Replies
ESCAPESHELLARG(3)							 1							 ESCAPESHELLARG(3)

escapeshellarg - Escape a string to be used as a shell argument

SYNOPSIS
string escapeshellarg (string $arg) DESCRIPTION
escapeshellarg(3) adds single quotes around a string and quotes/escapes any existing single quotes allowing you to pass a string directly to a shell function and having it be treated as a single safe argument. This function should be used to escape individual arguments to shell functions coming from user input. The shell functions include exec(3), system(3) and the backtick operator. On Windows, escapeshellarg(3) instead removes percent signs, replaces double quotes with spaces and adds double quotes around the string. PARAMETERS
o $arg - The argument that will be escaped. RETURN VALUES
The escaped string. EXAMPLES
Example #1 escapeshellarg(3) example <?php system('ls '.escapeshellarg($dir)); ?> SEE ALSO
escapeshellcmd(3), exec(3), popen(3), system(3), backtick operator. PHP Documentation Group ESCAPESHELLARG(3)