Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep and modify
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers grep and modify Post 302404624 by ungalnanban on Wednesday 17th of March 2010 01:48:11 AM
Old 03-17-2010
MySQL

See the following code:

Code:
sed -r '3,$s/([^ \t]* ){4}/#\t/g'  Input_file

Input file:
Code:
abc100    abc    x/x    1    2    3
abc100    abd    y/y    2    3    4
abc100    abd    nouse    nouse    nouse    5
abc100    ade    nouse    nouse    nouse    6
def200    ddd    nouse    nouse    nouse    12
def200    def    nouse    nouse    nouse    23

Output:
Code:
abc100    abc    x/x    1    2    3
abc100    abd    y/y    2    3    4
#       #       #       #       #       5
#       #       #       #       #       6
#       #       #       #       #       12
#       #       #       #       #       23

You are specifying except 6th column. but in your output last two lines are also having hash (#) for 6th column I am having some confusion on that. you can try with above code.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Modify files

Hi everybody, I have a certine file with lots of number, Which I want to add a " in the begging and at the and of each line. Could anyone tell me how can I do it? Cheers (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amgo
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to modify the variable

I have a directory name stored in a variable. Does anyone have a piece of code which checks if this stored directory name ends up with the "/" and if it is missing adds it to the same variable. for example I might have A=/bb/data or A=/bb/data/ which needs to be A=/bb/data/ for sure thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to modify the value of the variable

Hi I have a variable which holds full path to the file, for example z=/bb/data3/f4222pdb.dta.new I need to remove the extension .new so it would look like z=/bb/data3/f4222pdb.dta Is there a command to do this? This variable is used in the "for" loop later. I am in ksh. Thanks a lot -A (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modify Path

Hi, This is certainly a simple question, but I have yet to receive sufficient info concerning it. I am using BASH on a Powerbook G4 running Leopard. - I would like to permanently add a directory to my path. How do I do this? - I understand that I can view my path by: echo $PATH. Is there a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify a format

Hi I have a format that looks like this: #TailType TwoSided #Scale to target True #Target Intensity 100 #Intensities PM/MM #Treatment CEL ./G.CEL #Control CEL ./F.CEL chr1 16 0 chr1 24 0 chr1 32 0.187188 chr1 40 0.14595 chr1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify awk

awk "BEGIN {if($PERCENT<$WARNING) {print \"OK\" ; exit 0} else if(($PERCENT>=$WARNING) && ($PERCENT<$CRITICAL)) {print \"WARNING\" ; exit 1} else if($PERCENT>=$CRITICAL) {print \"CRITICAL\" ; exit 2} }" how can i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to modify an output?

I have a list XPAR XPAR XPAR , XPAR , , XPAR ,1, XPAR 196 XPAR 95 XPAR 95,77 This has space and tabs on the second row. I would like it to look like XPAR 1, 196, 95, 77 But I always get the below because of the spaces above. , , ,1, 196 95 95,77 I use... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyanka.premra
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inconsistent `ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh | grep -v grep | wc -l`

i have this line of code that looks for the same file if it is currently running and returns the count. `ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh | grep -v grep | wc -l` basically it is assigned to a variable ISRUNNING=`ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File modify

Hi All I am getting a file with below pattern - 00150366 05/08/2015 07:14:32 8000186167+++ 50195281000000000371001010903236 800186167+++ 100209000000000 800000018617+++ 50295281000000000371001010900217================================3u4398482344334=432434 00150367 05/08/2015 07:14:32... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: honey26
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ed to modify a file --- or not?

Running Oracle Linux 6 (derivative of RHEL 6) Given this snippet of code in a shell script: #-- reset oratab to use 11.2 home for dwdev #-- normally we'd just use sed to do this sort of thing, but that would #-- require permissions that we don't have in the /etc/ directory, so we #-- ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
3 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux