Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to compare file name with a string Post 302404285 by vishalaksha on Tuesday 16th of March 2010 06:24:39 AM
Old 03-16-2010
I already corrected this... there were some errors at othere places also which have been corrected now. After all these corrections I have created a new file with same code and it is working fine now. There might a problem of some special character in previous file along with these errors.

Now I need one more suggestion from you all to achieve the below condition.

Quote:
# I need a logic like for i in (${p_source_directory}/*Nav*.csv or ${p_source_directory}/*ABC*.csv or ${p_source_directory}/*XY*.csv )
do
echo "the file is $i"

case "$i" in
*Nav*)
v_filename=${file##*/}
v_table_name="XXHYBRID_FORECAST_NAV";;
esac

done
Can I put OR condition in above for loop?

Thanks in advance
Vishalaksha

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare String

Hi everybody. I have this comand "/usr/local/check_procs myprocess" which prints "OK: myprocess running" on my console if the process is running and "myprocess not running" if it is not. I am writing a bash script to check if the process is running but am getting an error. Here is my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanexxx
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Compare

Hi i have a bash script which calls a PHP script (comparison_cron.php). The php script prints the string "no_data_to_retrieve" without quotes. Why does the following bash script not leave the while loop? #!/bin/bash cronOutput=$(php /srv/www/vhosts/xyz/httpdocs/comparison_cron.php)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaphiphi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare particular string, if it is equal put into a new file

Hi, I have a file (sample.txt) this file contains below text. ./au ./11.5.0 ./11.5.0/admin ./11.5.0/admin/driver ./po ./11.5.0 ./11.5.0/admin ./11.5.0/admin/driver ./xxsbx/11.5.0/java/src ./xxsbx/11.5.0/lib ./xxsel ./xxsel/11.5.0 ./xxsel/11.5.0/admin ./zfa ./zfa/11.5.0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare 2 files print the lines of file 2 that contain a string from file 1

Hello I am a new unix user, and I have a work related task to compare 2 files and print all of the lines in file 2 that contain a string from file 1 Note: the fields are in different columns in the files. I suspect the is a good use for awk? Thanks for your time & help File 1 123 232 W343... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KevinRidley
6 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Want a tcl script to compare a string in a file ignoring white spaces

Hi , I want a tcl script to search a string ignoring whitespaces in a .log file . It should correctly match . The string are as follows "Output-Maps 1 1 0 0 0" 1 and Active Intermediate-Maps 0 0 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kulua
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two string in two separate file and delete some line of file

Hi all i want to write program with shell script that able compare two file content and if one of lines of file have # at the first of string or nothing find same string in one of two file . remove the line in second file that have not the string in first file. for example: file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleh67
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of multiple files and print those unique string from File1 in an output file.

Hi, I have multiple files that each contain one column of strings: File1: 123abc 456def 789ghi File2: 123abc 456def 891jkl File3: 234mno 123abc 456def In total I have 25 of these type of file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for string in a file then compare it with excel files entry

All, i have a file text.log: cover6 cover3 cover2 cover4 other file is abc.log as : 0 0 1 0 Then I have a excel file result.xls that contains: Name Path Pass cover2 cover3 cover6 cover4 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare user string with and predefined file...

i am trying to write shell script how to write shell script which is ask for user id and password then compare both from two different file.. i have no idea how to compare with data present in file.. #!/bin/bash -e read -p "User ID: " first read -p "Password: " second if ;then echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niko420
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenate a string and number and compare that with another string in awk script

I have below code inside my awk script if ( $0 ~ /SVC IN:/ ) { svc_in=substr( $0,23 , 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) { msg_arr=$0; } } else if ( $0 ~ /^SVC OUT:/ ) { svc_out=substr( $0, 9, 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
6 Replies
Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	       Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)

NAME
Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess - Text::CSV::Encoded coder class using Encode::Guess SYNOPSIS
use Text::CSV::Encoded coder_class => 'Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess'; use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel; my $csv = Text::CSV::Encoded->new(); $csv->encoding( ['ucs2', 'ascii'] ); # guessing ucs2 or ascii? $csv->encoding_to_combine('shiftjis'); my $excel = Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Workbook->Parse( $file ); my $sheet = $excel->{Worksheet}->[0]; for my $row ( $sheet->{MinRow} .. $sheet->{MaxRow} ) { my @fields; for my $col ( $sheet->{MinCol} .. $sheet->{MaxCol} ) { my $cell = $sheet->{Cells}[$row][$col]; push @fields, $cell->{Val}; } $csv->combine( @fields ) or die; print $csv->string, " "; } DESCRIPTION
This module is inherited from Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Encode. USE
Except for 2 attributes, same as Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Encode. encoding_in $csv = $csv->encoding_in( $encoding_list_ref ); The accessor to an encoding for pre-parsing CSV strings. If no encoding is given, returns current $encoding, otherwise the object itself. $encoding_list_ref = $csv->encoding_in() When you pass a list reference, it might guess the encoding from the given list. $csv->encoding_in( ['shiftjis', 'euc-jp', 'iso-20022-jp'] ); If it cannot guess the encoding, the first encoding of the list is used. encoding $csv = $csv->encoding( $encoding_list_ref ); $encoding_list_ref = $csv->encoding(); You can pass a list reference to this attribute only: * For list data consumed by combine(). * For list reference returned by getline(). In other word, in "combine" and "print", it might guess an encoding for the passing list data. If it cannot guess the encoding, the first encoding of the list is used. SEE ALSO
Encode, Encode::Guess AUTHOR
Makamaka Hannyaharamitu, <makamaka[at]cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2008-2010 by Makamaka Hannyaharamitu This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-04-26 Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)