Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding "dumb terminal"
Operating Systems HP-UX Adding "dumb terminal" Post 302404071 by vbe on Tuesday 16th of March 2010 06:28:35 AM
Old 03-16-2010
715 are not dump terminals... 712 are...

I dont get you here : This spare workstation has a disk? you can boot from?
In which case you just have to give it a correct IP, define a hostname, copy/update /etc/hosts on the other boxes
Otherwise I suppose you have a boot server which needs to know the mac address in well if my memory serves me (thats 14 years since I last touched a 715 and HP-UX9...) /etc/bootptab (maybe /etc/boottab(?))

---------- Post updated at 18:04 ---------- Previous update was at 17:56 ----------

Is your networked group of boxes what was called a cluster?

---------- Post updated 03-16-10 at 11:28 ---------- Previous update was 03-15-10 at 18:04 ----------

The easiest would be to use SAM on the server (which I imagine be the cluster server...)
in menu Vluster Configuration -> Add Cluster client

Last edited by vbe; 03-15-2010 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: typo

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

what difference between "terminal" and "console"

1 . Thank you for reading the post first. 2 . what difference between "terminal" and "console" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to "Print Screen" from a dumb terminal on AIX?

Hello Everyone, How can I send a screen print of a dumb terminal to a printer? AIX v4.3.3 Thanks in advance. Suhas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stembe
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

[Solved] Adding a "DUMB TERMINAL"

I have had a failure on an HP 715 workstation and luckily have plenty of spares to replace the failed one with. I know that on the server these files need to have the replacement machine configured: bootptab, hosts, and clusterconf I can ping the replacement workstation but the workstation... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnappi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Suggestion: adding two new groups "sed" and "awk"

Majority of the questions are pertaining file/string parsing w.r.t sed or awk It would be nice to have these two as their own sub category under shell-programming-scripting which can avoid lot of duplicate posts. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jville
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

"Locate" Shows Files but Not "LS" in Terminal

OS-X 10.8.4 Using locate I get these results: 10:~ mize$ locate /Users/mize/*.sh /Users/mize/Zend/workspaces/DefaultWorkspace/SLM/vendor/ZF2/bin/check-cs.sh /Users/mize/copy_ascii_upload.sh /Users/mize/copy_ascii_upload_to_server.sh /Users/mize/copy_form_functions_php_to_jpl.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Mize
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
plot(3x)																  plot(3x)

Name
       openpl, erase, label, line, circle, arc, move, cont, point, linemod, space, closepl, box, color, dot - graphics interface

Syntax
       openpl()

erase()

label(s)
       char s[];

line(x1, y1, x2, y2)

circle(x, y, r)

arc(x, y, x0, y0, x1, y1)

move(x, y)

cont(x, y)

point(x, y)

linemod(s)
       char s[];

space(x0, y0, x1, y1)

closepl()

box(x0, x1, y0, y1)

color(c)

dot()

Description
       These  subroutines generate graphic output in a device-independent manner.  See for a description of their effect.  The subroutine precedes
       the other subroutines as it opens the device for writing.  The subroutine flushes the output. The and routines are used by  the	lvp16  and
       hp7475a plotters only.

String arguments to and are null-terminated and do not contain newlines.

Many of these functions have additional options for different output devices.  They are accessed by the options as follows:

-lplot	     device-independent graphics stream on standard output for filters

-lplotaed     AED 512 color graphics terminal

-lplotbg      BBN bitgraph graphics terminal

-lplotdumb    dumb terminals without cursor addressing or line printers

-lplotgigi    gigi graphics terminal

-lplotgrn     grn files

-lplot2648    HP 2648 graphics terminal

-lplot7221    HP 7221 graphics terminal

-lplotimagen  Imagen laser printer (default 240 DPI resolution)

-l300	     GSI 300 terminal

-l300s	     GSI 300S terminal

-l450	     DASI 450 terminal

-l4013	     Tektronix 4013 terminal

-l4014	     Tektronix 4014 terminal

-llvp16	     DEC LVP16 and HP7475A plotters

See Also
       graph(1g), plot(1g), plot(5)

plot(3x)