Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix Remove repetitive alphabets Post 302404063 by msalam65 on Monday 15th of March 2010 12:35:30 PM
Old 03-15-2010
It will always be -Z<number>. The word can be in beginning or end or in middle and needs to be taken out. Just looking for -Z<numbers> .
Please advise.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Repetitive Tasks

Could someone tell me how I can simplify the script that follows!!! I know that there must be a way how to grep Average from sar01.................. sar02 ....................... sar03....................... sar04... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JairGuerra
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Extracting only Alphabets from a value

Hi, I have file name (abcd001). I want to extract on the alphabets from this file name. I don't want the numeric part of it. Once i extract the alphabets the i can search for all those file. Could anyone help on this. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitkhiare
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Omitting the last 2 alphabets in the words

Hi Guys, Bit new to Unix shell scripting so this question might seems little kiddish for you. what im trying to achieve here is : I have file which is compressed like Account_52320090605076_log.Z so in my shell script i call this file also as one of my parameters like ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolrekz
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking for Alphabets

echo -n "read this also:" read NewAuthor if ]' ) ] ; then echo "its a digit" else echo "something else" fi Hey guys , i am trying to do a search to check if the input is using alphabets and nothing else. I tried using ] and ] but none seems to work When i use digit, it read 22.k... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter certain number of alphabets

filter the ones (ex:>1279_17_27_F3) that have 50letters (ABABABACACACACACAADADADADABABABABAACACACACACACAACAC) in input. And others that are less than 50 have to be ignore and the ones with more than 50 have to trimmed to first 50 letters. Thanx >1279_16_1960_F3 A >1279_16_2010_F3 BCCC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruby_sgp
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

filter unique alphabets

Filter unique alphabets (bold) from input Thanx +SRR015270.1 HWI-B10_3_6069:2:1:653:875 length=32 SZZZZZZZZZZZZXZZZXZZZOECZZIZHUEM +SRR015270.2 HWI-B10_3_6069:2:1:455:450 length=32 ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTT @SRR015270.3 HWI-B10_3_6069:2:1:453:499 length=32... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print combinations of alphabets in a sequence

Hi Friends, I have a series of alphabets like this AGCAA The values inside the square brace indicate that either of them can be present at that position. And those ones without a brace, means that they are the only ones that could be printed at that location. Now, I would like to know... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace alphabets from certain positions

Hi all, I have column 2 full of values like HIVE4A-56 and HIVE4-56. I want to convert all values like HIVE4A-56 to HIVE4-56. So basically I want to delete all single alphabets before the '-' which is always preceded by a number. Values already in the desired format should remain unchanged... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ames1983
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove alphabets/special characters/space in the 5th field of a tab delimited file?

Thank you for 4 looking this post. We have a tab delimited file where we are facing problem in a lot of funny character. I have tried using awk but failed that is not working. In the 5th field ID which is supposed to be a integer only of that file, we are getting corrupted data as below. I... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srithar
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove repetitive lines in a file with sed?

Hello, My goal is the make all x times repeated lines into a single line. I need to attain the expected output with sed -i , I need to overwrite the MyFile MyFile: Hello World Welcome Hello World Welcome Back This is my test Expected output: Hello World Welcome Welcome Back This is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
6 Replies
AMPLE.HTML(5)							    User Manual 						     AMPLE.HTML(5)

NAME
ample.html - html template for Ample DESCRIPTION
This file, by default /etc/ample/ample.html, is read by Ample at startup and used as a base for it's HTML pages. These pages are rendered whenever a webbrowser connects and requests a list of available songs and directories (typically done by connecting to http://server:port/index.html). The file is divided into three sections, the header, the middle and the footer. The header and the footer are the same on each page gener- ated while the "middle" is copied into the final HTML document once for each file or directory that is going to be listed. Although this may sound confusing, it will probably become much more evident once you look at the example below. Variables are written in uppercase and enclosed within "at" signs (example: @NAME@) and are replaced dynamically when the page is con- structed. Some variables can exist anywhere in the document and some can only exist in the "middle" section, see the information about each variable for details. EXAMPLE
<!-- Beginning of header --> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html><head> <title>@SERVERNAME@</title> </head><body> <center> <p><h1>@SERVERNAME@</h1></p> <p><h2>Tracks currently available in @PATH@</h2></p> <p><font size="-1">[ <a href="index.m3u">playlist for this dir</a> | <a href="rindex.m3u">recursive playlist</a> ] </font></p> <p><font size="-1"> [ <a href="../index.html">Up one level</a> ] </font></p> <div align="center"> <table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" bordercolor="#000000"> <tr><td> <b>TYPE</b> </td><td> <b>URL</b> </td></tr> <!-- End of header --> @BEGIN@ <!-- Beginning of "middle" --> <tr><td> @TYPE@ </td><td> <a href="@URL@">@NAME@</a> </td></tr> <!-- End of "middle" --> @END@ <!-- Beginning of footer --> </table> </div> <p align="right"><font size="-1"> powered by Ample, for more information, see the <a href="http://ample.sourceforge.net">project homepage</a> </font></p> </center> </body> </html> <!-- End of footer --> SUMMARY OF VARIABLES
SPECIAL - Only used once BEGIN END GLOBAL - Can be used anywhere SERVERNAME PORT PATH NON-GLOBAL - Can only be used in the "middle" section NAME URL LENGTH TITLE SIZE TYPE SPECIAL VARIABLES
These can only be used once. BEGIN This variable (when placed in the beginning of a new line) marks the end of the header section and the start of the "middle" sec- tion. END This variable (when placed in the beginning of a new line) marks the end of the "middle" section and the start of the footer sec- tion. GLOBAL VARIABLES
These can be used anywhere. SERVERNAME The name of the server as given in ample.conf(5). PORT The port that the server is listening to. PATH The current path the user is viewing. NON-GLOBAL VARIABLES These can only be used in the "middle" section. NAME The name of the song or directory. URL The URL of the song or directory. LENGTH The song length (in seconds) or blank if it is a directory. TITLE The title of the song or "DIR" if it is a directory. SIZE The file size or blank if it is a directory. TYPE "FILE" if it is a file or "DIR" if it is a directory. AUTHOR
David Hardeman <david@2gen.com> SEE ALSO
ample(1), ample.conf(5) Ample JANUARY 2002 AMPLE.HTML(5)