Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find the next day from 20100303 (YYYYMMDD format) Post 302404023 by karthinvk on Monday 15th of March 2010 10:47:57 AM
Old 03-15-2010
THANKS FOR REPLAY...AND I GOT SOME IDEA FOR MY REQUIREMENT>>>

i need one more help....

if i have a string like aaaaa,bbbbb,ccccc,aaaaa

How to to split the string and check howmany times aaaaa will be in that string?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get yesterday date in yyyymmdd format

I would like to know how I could get a yesterday date in yyyymmdd e.g. today is 20011109, and I would like to get 20011108. Thank you!:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk_newbie
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

How can i get the yesterday's date in YYYYMMDD format

How can i get the yesterday's date in YYYYMMDD format??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadsr
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get yesterday in yyyymmdd format

how can i get yesterday in yyyymmdd format? :confused: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron_fong
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format date from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYYMMDD

I have a file with some date columns in MM/DD/YYYY format: SMPBR|DUP-DO NOT USE|NEW YORK||16105|BA5270715|6/6/2007 |MWERNER|109||||JOHN||SMITH|MD|72211118||||||74559|21 WILMINGTON RD||D|11/6/2003|SL# MD CONTACT-LIZ RICHARDS|||0|Y|N||1411458| And I want to convert the date format to: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format YYYYMMDD to MM/DD/YYYY

In my shell script i have a variable which stores date in the format of YYYYMMDD. Is there any way to format this value to MM/DD/YYYY. Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nasirgondal
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Date after 5 dates in YYYYMMDD format

Hi Experts, How to get date 5 days after current date in YYYYMMDD format? How do we compare date in YYYYMMDD format? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: needyourhelp10
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find first created file date in YYYYMMDD format

Hi All, We are copying all the files into ARCHIVE directory after we process them. We are doing this process from last 2 years, now we have a lot of files in ARCHIVE directory. Now I need to find when the first file is copied into this directory? If I Issue, ls -l /ARCHIVE/*.* | tail -1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating date in yyyymmdd format using PERL

Hi all, i had a code where in user will enter a date in yyyymmdd format.. i didnt use any validation for the date and now the problem is if a user enters date instead of month after year it is proceeding with the code.. like if the date is 20120426 and if the user enters 20122604 it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format to be changed from DDMMYYYY to YYYYMMDD

My requirement is:- there will be files at a location each day with the date format DDMMYYYY. Novawise_Activity_Call_Notes_04022013.txt Novawise_Activity_Inbound_04022013.txt Novawise_Activity_Inbound_05022013.txt Novawise_Activity_Call_Notes_05022013.txt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: djrulz123
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to conver YYYYMMDD to MJD format?

I would like to convert YYYYMMDD to MJD format for eg 20041223 converted to 53362 in MJD format i got logic from javascript to covert it to MJD which is long enough function YMDtoMJD (year, month, day) { var year; var monthi var day; var yr = Math.floor (year); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mandalmanas24
1 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD