Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Who can take Sun System Supoort Engineer Certificationn Post 302403803 by Tirmazi on Sunday 14th of March 2010 09:42:27 PM
Old 03-14-2010
Who can take Sun System Supoort Engineer Certificationn

I am not an employee of Sun, but I work on Sun Systems and would like to know who can take Sun 310-879 certification ie Sun Certified Support Engineer exam and where can I find trainig material for this.
I searched sun website but did not find anything.
Can someone please advise.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

New SUN System

I m planning to have a new sun system to my company , this system is consist of 10 client blae 2500 sun machines, and server with storage and backup library, the point is should i have one server like Sun fire 880 or 890 to serv as nfs. nis, data & Oracle or should i splet it to two servers one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sherif
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Secure FTP Problem using Sun SSH on Client system F-Secure on Server system

I am using shell script to do secure ftp. I have done key file setup to do password less authentication. Following are the FTP Details: FTP Client has Sun SSH. FTP Server has F-Secure. I am using SCP Command to do secure copy files. When I am doing this, I am getting the foll error scp:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftpguy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Information on Network engineer and Unix Systems Engineer

Hi, I'm exploring a few different careers( Unix System's Admin, Network Engineer, and Unix System's Engineer). I asked in another thread about System's Admin, so I have some more info on that already. I'm not finding very much info on Network Engineers or Unix System Engineers though. Can you guys... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpicracing
0 Replies
HME(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    HME(4)

NAME
hme -- Sun Microelectronics STP2002-STQ Ethernet interfaces device driver SYNOPSIS
hme* at pci? dev ? function ? hme* at sbus? slot ? offset ? DESCRIPTION
The hme driver supports Sun Microelectronics STP2002-STQ Fast Ethernet interfaces. HARDWARE
The hme driver supports the on-board Ethernet interfaces of many Sun UltraSPARC workstation and server models. Cards supported by the hme driver include: Sun PCI SunSwift Adapter (``SUNW,hme'') Sun SBus SunSwift Adapter (``hme'' and ``SUNW,hme'') Sun PCI Sun100BaseT Adapter 2.0 (``SUNW,hme'') Sun SBus Sun100BaseT 2.0 (``SUNW,hme'') Sun PCI Quad FastEthernet Controller (``SUNW,qfe'') Sun SBus Quad FastEthernet Controller (``SUNW,qfe'') The STP2002 family supports hardware checksumming to assist in computing IPv4 TCP/UDP checksums. The hme driver supports this feature of the chip. See ifconfig(8) for information on how to enable this feature. SEE ALSO
ifmedia(4), intro(4), mii(4), ukphy(4), ifconfig(8) Sun Microelectronics, STP2002QFP Fast Ethernet, Parallel Port, SCSI (FEPS) User's Guide, http://mediacast.sun.com/users/Barton808/media/STP2002QFP-FEPs_UG.pdf, April 1996. HISTORY
The hme driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.5. AUTHORS
The hme driver was written by Paul Kranenburg <pk@NetBSD.org>. BUGS
Connecting a MII transceiver on those cards that support it will cause the RJ45 connector to be detected as PHY instance 1, instead of the default instance 0. BSD
June 23, 2012 BSD