Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory What do these SCSI errors mean? Post 302403743 by edfair on Sunday 14th of March 2010 11:02:35 AM
Old 03-14-2010
In the Unix stuff I deal with the <0 0 5 portion would likely mean host adapter 0, bus 0, ID 5, which generally would be a CD or Tape unit, depending on how the hardware is set up.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scsi

How can you get a scsi card to initalize or decome available at boot up on AIX 4.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: truma1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scsi

I would like to install a AIT drive to the scsi connector on our solaris box. I am very new to the unix world and would be greatful if someone could help or lead me in the right direction. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpyle
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Which SCSI Adapter?

Hi. I need to find a simple SCSI adapter card for a Sun Ultra 5 workstation. I don't need the type w/ ethernet attached (e.g. X1032) as I already have ethernet onboard & they are more spendy. I know Adaptec is out, but what unit would work? I am attaching an external SCSI tape unit to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Plain Person
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
0 Replies

5. AIX

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Help probe-scsi-all

I have run init 0 to bring it to OK prompt. I know that probe-scsi-all can hang the system. I want to know what is the difference between probe-scsi-all and probe-scsi. I was told that probe-scsi-all external and internal devices and probe-scsi shows only internal devices. what dose this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
3 Replies

7. AIX

SCSI Disks

Hi Is it possible to install in p5 and pSeries SCSI Disks from SUN on DELL? Will they work? Regards, Pit (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: piooooter
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major OS errors/Bash errors help!!!!

Hi all, dummy here.... I have major errors on entering the shell. On login I get: -bash: dircolors: command not found -bash: tr: command not found -bash: fgrep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: id: command not found -bash: [: =: unary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcmmlynn
12 Replies

9. Solaris

SCSI boot errors

Help needed please! I see the following scsi errors during boot up. The server eventually boots up successfully. Please let me now how to fix these errors: Executing last command: boot Boot device: disk File and args: SunOS Release 5.8 Version Generic_117350-62 64-bit Copyright 1983-2003 Sun... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Finding scsi id

Hi, I would like to know scsi id of hard drive, which command is used to find scsi id of hard drive and disk related information. Regards Manoj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies
TAPSET::SCSI(3stap)													       TAPSET::SCSI(3stap)

NAME
tapset::scsi - systemtap scsi probe points DESCRIPTION
This family of probe points is used to probe the SCSI activities. It contains the following probe points: scsi.ioentry Fires when SCSI mid layer prepares a SCSI request Arguments: disk_major The major number of the disk disk_minor The minor number of the disk device_state The current state of the device. The possible values could be: SDEV_CREATED = 1, /* device created but not added to sysfs * Only internal commands allowed (for inq) */ SDEV_RUNNING = 2, /* device properly configured * All commands allowed */ SDEV_CANCEL = 3, /* beginning to delete device * Only error handler commands allowed */ SDEV_DEL = 4, /* device deleted * no commands allowed */ SDEV_QUIESCE = 5, /* Device quiescent. No block commands * will be accepted, only specials (which * originate in the mid-layer) */ SDEV_OFFLINE = 6, /* Device offlined (by error handling or * user request */ SDEV_BLOCK = 7, /* Device blocked by scsi lld. No scsi * commands from user or midlayer should be issued * to the scsi lld. */ scsi.iodispatching Fires when the SCSI mid layer dispatches a SCSI command to the low level driver Arguments: host_no The host number channel The channel number lun The lun number dev_id The scsi device id device_state The current state of the device. data_direction The data_direction specifies whether this command is from/to the device. The possible values could be: DMA_BIDIRECTIONAL = 0, DMA_TO_DEVICE = 1, DMA_FROM_DEVICE = 2, DMA_NONE = 3, request_buffer The request buffer address req_bufflen The request buffer length scsi.iodone Fires when a SCSI command is done by low level driver and enqueued into the done queue. Arguments: host_no The host number channel The channel number lun The lun number dev_id The scsi device id device_state The current state of the device data_direction The data_direction specifies whether this command is from/to the device. scsi.iocompleted Fires when SCSI mid layer runs the completion processing for block device I/O requests Arguments: host_no The host number channel The channel number lun The lun number dev_id The scsi device id device_state The current state of the device data_direction The data_direction specifies whether this command is from/to the device. goodbytes The bytes completed. SEE ALSO
stap(1), stapprobes(3stap) IBM
TAPSET::SCSI(3stap)