Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Odd and even file names
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Odd and even file names Post 302403634 by garganmou on Saturday 13th of March 2010 01:18:20 PM
Old 03-13-2010
Responses have come in quicker than I can login! Thank you all, problem is solved!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Odd file with no name

OS: Solaris 2.6 File with no name created Mar of 2000 - ls (with or without options) shows the file but no name associated with it. Example: ls -ltca -rw-r--r-- 1 root other 9721 Apr 16 2003 printcap -rw-r--r-- 1 root other 267 Apr 16 2003 -rw-r--r-- 1 root other 258 Apr 16... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RTM
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Odd File Listing and unable to deleted

Hi, I'm trying to delete some files that are causing a script to malfunction. I cannot seem to remove them even with -f. I have tried chmod and chown and they don't seem to be affected the files at all. they have weird dates listings, too. Here is their listing: br-xr-xrwt 29561 538995051... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jason Brice
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file names from a file and executing the relative file from shell script

Hi How can i dynamically read files names from a list file and execute them from a single shell script. Please help its urgent Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file names in a directory while ignoring certain file names

Sun Solaris Unix Question Haven't been able to find any solution for this situation. Let's just say the file names listed below exist in a directory. I want the find command to find all files in this directory but at the same time I want to eliminate certain file names or files with certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

odd problem in read lines from file

Hi, I wrote a small program to read lines from a file and count the lines. The program is as below: filename=$1 count=0 cat $filename | while read -r line do printf "%5d:%s\n" $count "$line" count=$((count + 1)) done echo " $count " After I run the program, the result is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jianma
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a data file into separate files with the file names depending upon a column's value?

Hi, I have a data file xyz.dat similar to the one given below, 2345|98|809||x|969|0 2345|98|809||y|0|537 2345|97|809||x|544|0 2345|97|809||y|0|651 9685|98|809||x|321|0 9685|98|809||y|0|357 9685|98|709||x|687|0 9685|98|709||y|0|234 2315|98|809||x|564|0 2315|98|809||y|0|537... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithins007
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File by Pattern with File Names in Source File... Awk?

Hi all, I'm pretty new to Shell scripting and I need some help to split a source text file into multiple files. The source has a row with pattern where the file needs to be split, and the pattern row also contains the file name of the destination for that specific piece. Here is an example: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cul8er
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the file name and copy old file content to new file names.

Hi, I have a files in a directory as below :- ls -1 mqdepth-S1STC02 proc-mq-S1STC01 proc-mq-S1STC02 proc-mq-S1STC03 Whereever i have S1STC i need to copy them into new file with file name S2STC. expected output :- ls -1 mqdepth-S2STC02 proc-mq-S2STC01 proc-mq-S2STC02... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seperate Odd and Even numbers from 1 file to 2 files

Hey guys. I have been trying to figure out an easy way to seperate a liste of 150k numbers (10 digits) in a .txt file into odd and even numbers with each of their own files, for a project at work. I've tried Excel, but it was too much for it and it wasnt very simple. So i gave up after... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: TranceC
13 Replies
FIELDCOMB(1)						      General Commands Manual						      FIELDCOMB(1)

NAME
       fieldcomb - combine two or more field frames for video animation

SYNOPSIS
       fieldcomb [ -e|-o ][ -r ] [ -f combined.hdr ] field0.hdr field1.hdr ..

DESCRIPTION
       Fieldcomb  combines two or more field frames into half as many final video frames for field-based animations.  Normally, the even scanlines
       in the output are given over to the first, third, fifth, etc. pictures given on the input, and the odd scanlines are given over to the sec-
       ond,  fourth,  sixth,  etc.  pictures  on the input.  This behavior corresponds to the -e option, which is set by default.  To reverse this
       ordering, the -o option must be specified.

Normally, fieldcomb will name output frames by dividing the numbers on the input field file names by 2, inserting a 'C'	right  before  the
       number, adding leading zeroes to make it always four digits.  For example, the command:

fieldcomb anim12.hdr anim13.hdr anim14.hdr anim15.hdr

will produce two output pictures:

animC0006.hdr & animC0007.hdr

If  an odd number of input files is given on the command line, the last file is held over and used as the first file in the next invocation
       of fieldcomb in the same directory.  In this way, the program works well with the "TRANSFER" facility of ranimate(1), which does not  guar-
       antee an even number of frames will be passed every time.

If only two input files are given, the -f option may be used to specify a different output name of the user's choosing.

If the -r option is specified, then the input files will be removed once they have been combined.

AUTHOR
       Greg Ward

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
       Work on this program was sponsored by Iebele Abel.

SEE ALSO
       getinfo(1), pcomb(1), pfilt(1), phisto(1), ran2tiff(1), ranimate(1), rpict(1)

RADIANCE							     9/6/2005							      FIELDCOMB(1)