Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Odd and even file names
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Odd and even file names Post 302403434 by dennis.jacob on Friday 12th of March 2010 01:06:07 PM
Old 03-12-2010
Are you looking for something like this ?

Code:
ls |  sed -n '/.*[02468]\.tif/p' | sort    # files with even numbers
ls |  sed -n '/.*[13579]\.tif/p' | sort    # files with odd numbers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Odd file with no name

OS: Solaris 2.6 File with no name created Mar of 2000 - ls (with or without options) shows the file but no name associated with it. Example: ls -ltca -rw-r--r-- 1 root other 9721 Apr 16 2003 printcap -rw-r--r-- 1 root other 267 Apr 16 2003 -rw-r--r-- 1 root other 258 Apr 16... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RTM
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Odd File Listing and unable to deleted

Hi, I'm trying to delete some files that are causing a script to malfunction. I cannot seem to remove them even with -f. I have tried chmod and chown and they don't seem to be affected the files at all. they have weird dates listings, too. Here is their listing: br-xr-xrwt 29561 538995051... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jason Brice
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file names from a file and executing the relative file from shell script

Hi How can i dynamically read files names from a list file and execute them from a single shell script. Please help its urgent Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file names in a directory while ignoring certain file names

Sun Solaris Unix Question Haven't been able to find any solution for this situation. Let's just say the file names listed below exist in a directory. I want the find command to find all files in this directory but at the same time I want to eliminate certain file names or files with certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

odd problem in read lines from file

Hi, I wrote a small program to read lines from a file and count the lines. The program is as below: filename=$1 count=0 cat $filename | while read -r line do printf "%5d:%s\n" $count "$line" count=$((count + 1)) done echo " $count " After I run the program, the result is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jianma
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a data file into separate files with the file names depending upon a column's value?

Hi, I have a data file xyz.dat similar to the one given below, 2345|98|809||x|969|0 2345|98|809||y|0|537 2345|97|809||x|544|0 2345|97|809||y|0|651 9685|98|809||x|321|0 9685|98|809||y|0|357 9685|98|709||x|687|0 9685|98|709||y|0|234 2315|98|809||x|564|0 2315|98|809||y|0|537... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithins007
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File by Pattern with File Names in Source File... Awk?

Hi all, I'm pretty new to Shell scripting and I need some help to split a source text file into multiple files. The source has a row with pattern where the file needs to be split, and the pattern row also contains the file name of the destination for that specific piece. Here is an example: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cul8er
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the file name and copy old file content to new file names.

Hi, I have a files in a directory as below :- ls -1 mqdepth-S1STC02 proc-mq-S1STC01 proc-mq-S1STC02 proc-mq-S1STC03 Whereever i have S1STC i need to copy them into new file with file name S2STC. expected output :- ls -1 mqdepth-S2STC02 proc-mq-S2STC01 proc-mq-S2STC02... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seperate Odd and Even numbers from 1 file to 2 files

Hey guys. I have been trying to figure out an easy way to seperate a liste of 150k numbers (10 digits) in a .txt file into odd and even numbers with each of their own files, for a project at work. I've tried Excel, but it was too much for it and it wasnt very simple. So i gave up after... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: TranceC
13 Replies
POW(3)							   BSD Library Functions Manual 						    POW(3)

NAME
pow -- power function SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double pow(double x, double y); DESCRIPTION
The pow() functions compute x raised to the power y. SPECIAL VALUES
pow(+-0, y) returns +-infinity and raises the "divide-by-zero" floating-point exception for y an odd integer < 0. pow(+-0, y) returns +infinity and raises the "divide-by-zero" floating-point exception for y < 0 and not an odd integer. pow(+-0, y) returns +-0 for y an odd integer > 0. pow(+-0, y) returns +0 for y > 0 and not an odd integer. pow(-1, +-infinity) returns 1. pow(1, y) returns 1 for any y, even a NaN. pow(x, +-0) returns 1 for any x, even a NaN. pow(x, y) returns a NaN and raises the "invalid" floating-point exception for finite x < 0 and finite non-integer y. pow(x, -infinity) returns +infinity for |x| < 1. pow(x, -infinity) returns +0 for |x| > 1. pow(x, +infinity) returns +0 for |x| < 1. pow(x, +infinity) returns +infinity for |x| > 1. pow(-infinity, y) returns -0 for y an odd integer < 0. pow(-infinity, y) returns +0 for y < 0 and not an odd integer. pow(-infinity, y) returns -infinity for y an odd integer > 0. pow(-infinity, y) returns +infinity for y > 0 and not an odd integer. pow(+infinity, y) returns +0 for y < 0. pow(+infinity, y) returns +infinity for y > 0. A domain error occurs if x is finite and negative and y is finite and not an integer. A domain error can occur if x is 0 and y less than or equal to 0. Range errors may occur. SEE ALSO
math(3), infnan(3) STANDARDS
The pow() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9899:1999(E). 4th Berkeley Distribution July 12, 2003 4th Berkeley Distribution