Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File System exceed Alert Script! Post 302403370 by clx on Friday 12th of March 2010 08:30:37 AM
Old 03-12-2010
which box do you have?
can you post the sample output of "df -h" from your machine?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Max file size can't exceed 2 GB

We have Sun OS 5.9 we are doing a backup process (ProC program) that uses the function... fprintf(fp,"%s;%s;%s;%s;%s;%ld;%ld;%ld;%ld;%s;%s;%s;%d;%s;%s;%s;%ld;%s;%s;%s;%ld;%ld;%s;%ld;%s;%ld;%s;%s;%c%c",x_contrno, x_subno, x_b_subno,x_transdate,x_last_traffic_date,BillAmt_s, x_billamount_int,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shel Script doesn't work from Exceed

Hi, I am using this script to load up my Oracle Databases, but when I log in through Exceed, it hangs. Can anyone tell me what else I need to add to make this work?? Details ****************************************************************************************************... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnkansah
11 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Alert system

Do you have an alert system? meaning when your question has been answer, could be u guys send an email, informing the question has been answer, of someone did post a reply? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: owange_county
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File system backup alert

Hi All, OS: AIX 5.3 64 bits Could anyone please share unix File system backup alert shell script which sends an alert message upon failure.. Thanks for your time! Regards, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
0 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Monitoring and Alert System

hi, i serarch monitoring and alert system. when HDD and services are down. Send email and sms alert to me and help desk. but i don't find any program. Can you help me ? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oulutas
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script check for file, alert if not there, and continue checking until file arrives

All, Is there a way to keep checking for a file over and over again in the same script for an interval of time? Ie If { mail -user continue checking until file arrives file arrives tasks exit I don't want the script to run each time and email the user each time a file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Alert a file and sends an email

Hello All, I need a script which alerts me when a files arrive in a directory. I don't need every file. but i need some specific pattern file. And i need to get automatic email gettin as an alert For Example: /a/b/c/ : directory format of file should take regualr expression or manually... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for shell script to monitor CPU utilization and send mail once exceed 75%

Dear Group, I'm look for shell script to Monitor CPU usage and send mail once it exceed 75% I'm running Suse10.4. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clfever
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to alert if a file has been modified

Hi , I want a script who will send alert the moment someone edit any file in a directory in LINUX. Can some one throw some light on this please.!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: d8011
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor diskspace of /home/ not to exceed 80%

I want to monitor the diskspace of the /home/ directory NOT to exceed 80%. I want a script_file.sh for this. I am trying "df -h" command and I am stuck unable to extract the percentage. 1. HOW TO extract the percentage (I believe 5th column)? 2. IF we were able to extract the column,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shreyas N
8 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)