Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat USER denied login as OUT OF DISK SPACE Post 302403148 by guruparan18 on Thursday 11th of March 2010 04:09:25 PM
Old 03-11-2010
Question USER denied login as OUT OF DISK SPACE

Hi,

I am trying to install Oracle 11g R2 on Oracle Enterprise Linux (5.4 version, which is basically some Redhat version).

I have created oracle user, when I tried installing, the installer erred out saying there is no enough space. I logged out and when I logged in back, user oracle was denied login saying "GDM error: User out of disk space error. Not able to open HOME directory for read/write".

What could be the reason? How can I set it right?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

available disk space on disk device???

Hello, Can someone please tell me which command to use to determine the available disk space on a given disk device? I have to write a shell script that compresses files and stores them in a specific location but I am not sure how "conservative" I should be? Thanks in advance! Al. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
4 Replies

2. AIX

Can we restrict an user to use only certain disk space

Hi, In Ibm Aix can we restrict the user to use only 50% or 60% of disk space. Thanks, Chris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pramod10
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

New RH User - Access Denied

Hi, We were just recently given a new VM instance with Red Hat linux. The only user account that can log in successfully is the root account. I made sure that the user z021407 has access to their directory and the account can read the home directory, but I can't log in with the new account... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edrichard
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wake up user space thread from kernel space ISR

Hello, I'm searching for a proper way to let the kernel space ISR(implemented in a kernel module) wake up a user space thread on a hardware interrupt. Except for sending a real-time signal, is it possible to use a semaphore? I've searched it on google, but it seems impossible to share a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronwong
0 Replies

5. Solaris

error message rmclomv ... SC Login Failure for user Please login:

Hello World ~ HW : SUN Fire V240 OS : Solaris 8 Error message prompts 'rmclomv ... SC login failure ...' on terminal. and Error Message prompts continually 'SC Login Failure for user Please login:' on Single Mode(init S) The System is in normal operation, though In case of rain, Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
1 Replies

6. Programming

Access denied for user at localhost

Hi guys. We can can connect to mysql server from command line with some user. but when using mysql_connect() it says: access is denied for user 'someuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES) what should i do? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Account is locked or login administratively denied

Hi, When I am trying to do ssh to a server it shows below error. Key setup is all good and it used to work well few days back. Now suddenly I am getting this error. ssh -i <private_key> <id>@<hostname> Received disconnect from <hostname> Account is locked or login administratively... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahish20
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PAM Login denied

Hi All, While I was trying to login to the console of my machine I got the following error messages :: body { margin: 0 0 0 0; padding:0 0 0 0 }td,div { font-family:Tahoma;font-size:8pt;vertical-align:top }/* Copyright IBM Corp. 2011 All Rights Reserved. */body { margin:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pkumar Sachin
2 Replies

9. AIX

User Account Login Login on your AIX server

I want to learn AIX. I would like to find someone who would be willing to give me a login to their AIX home lab server. My intent is to poke around and discover the similarities and differences of AIX compared to other *NIXs. I am a UNIX admin so I can think of what some immediate concerns may... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl_in_my_shel
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Cannot login to SMB Server/Authentication denied

Hello, I have problems seting up SMB server in Solaris 11.3. I had SMB working previously on Solaris 11 (updated to 11.3), but a bad harddisk crash forced me to install Solaris again from scratch and I cannot get it working properly. I have imported the previous zfs pool with share.smb set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zorken
7 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	  DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins - Oracle joins in WHERE syntax support (instead of ANSI). PURPOSE
This module is used with Oracle < 9.0 due to lack of support for standard ANSI join syntax. SYNOPSIS
DBIx::Class should automagically detect Oracle and use this module with no work from you. DESCRIPTION
This class implements Oracle's WhereJoin support. Instead of: SELECT x FROM y JOIN z ON y.id = z.id It will write: SELECT x FROM y, z WHERE y.id = z.id It should properly support left joins, and right joins. Full outer joins are not possible due to the fact that Oracle requires the entire query be written to union the results of a left and right join, and by the time this module is called to create the where query and table definition part of the SQL query, it's already too late. METHODS
See DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins for implementation details. BUGS
Does not support full outer joins. Probably lots more. SEE ALSO
DBIx::Class::SQLMaker DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::Generic DBIx::Class AUTHOR
Justin Wheeler "<jwheeler@datademons.com>" CONTRIBUTORS
David Jack Olrik "<djo@cpan.org>" LICENSE
This module is licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-07-12 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)