Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Extract out mail ID from from profile list Post 302403005 by Franklin52 on Thursday 11th of March 2010 05:28:47 AM
Old 03-11-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoo.pathak
hi franklin,
this is not working
displaying the complete profile,
i only need id after " mail="
Code:
ldapsearch -D cn=root -w root -p 389 mail=dgmp_ndl@bsnl.in | awk -F[,=] '{print $2}'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes

hi , i added ls -F to .profile. and i need to do ./.profile for the effect to take effect BUT i didnt and YET the next day when i came to work and log in, the changes took effect. i am on aix. please explain.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show if I have new mail in .profile ?

Is there any way to script it to tell me if I have new mail when I log-in? I'm using the bash shell. It's showing up now already but I want to put a clear in my .profile to clear the screen of the disclaimer I've seen 1000 times, I have a few echo's and a command to list the number of users... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eulogy1337
3 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract first occurrence in a list

Hello everyone, I need to extract an item the first time it appears in a list: Input: human pool.1 121 4e-10 75 89 human pool.1 112 2e-08 75 78 human pool.1 154 1e-07 75 72 human pool.1 122 4e-06 75 68 human pool.1 111 3e-02 75 54 Horse pool.1 222 4e-10 82 90 Horse pool.1 333 3e-09... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: viralnerd
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract attachment from mail and place it in a directory

Hi, I have a requiremnent that i have to read a mail from a mail box and extract the attachment from that mail and place it in a directory. First of all is it possible in unix ? if so could you please help me out how it can be done Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract columns from file and send mail

Hi I have a file of the form name1,lastname1,email1@gmail.com,9.08243E+12,team1,role1,username1,password1 name2,lastname2,email2@gmail.com,9.08243E+11,team2,role2,username2,password2 I need to extract the email (column 3) and send a mail to each person, with their details ( specifically... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkabali
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract records from list

Hi Gents, I have a file 1 like this 1 1000 20 2 2000 30 3 1000 40 5 1000 50 And I have other file 1 like 2 1 I would like to get from the file 1 the complete line which are in file 2, the key to compare is the column 2 then output should be. 2 2000 30. I was trying to get it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to extract a multiline subject from a mail message

I'm trying to extract a subject from a mail message but my subject example has 2 lines. How can I manage to extract it and write a string at the end of it? Consider this example: From: test@domain.com Subject: Re: U =?ISO-8859-1?Q?qu=EA=3F!=3F!=3F!!_wtff_=E7=E3o_=ED=F3?= ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: twisterbr
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract e-mail addresses on a page

Hi I normally ask questions on coding but I think there is a code that can do this. I have regular text throughout my file and I want to extract all e-mail addresses from it (rather than going and searching each one). E-mails all have @ so I assume there is a way. Thanks Phil (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
6 Replies
biff(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  biff(1B)

NAME
biff - give notice of incoming mail messages SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/biff [y | n] DESCRIPTION
biff turns mail notification on or off for the terminal session. With no arguments, biff displays the current notification status for the terminal. If notification is allowed, the terminal rings the bell and displays the header and the first few lines of each arriving mail message. biff operates asynchronously. For synchronized notices, use the MAIL variable of sh(1) or the mail variable of csh(1). A `biff y' command can be included in your ~/.login or ~/.profile file for execution when you log in. OPTIONS
y Allow mail notification for the terminal. n Disable notification for the terminal. FILES
~/.login User's login file ~/.profile User's profile file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), mail(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 biff(1B)