Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calculate Date from shell script Post 302402856 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 10th of March 2010 09:13:27 PM
Old 03-10-2010
there are plenty of "Calculate Date .

Please read them first.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script calculate the hits ?!

could you please find a solution for this a complex command using pipes to Calculate the number of hits per client in Squid log file (access.log), the command should display most active hosts first. Line example 1197979501.787 1 10.1.14.62 TCP_NEGATIVE_HIT/404 1463 GET http://url The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anything
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate the date of next satureday of current date.

I want to calculate the date of next satureday of current date using shell script. Suppose, today is 27-feb-08 I want to get the date of next satureday, which means 01-mar-08, in the formate '' YYMMDD ". I do this in ksh.. Please tell me any type of command which help me out. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to calculate netwrk from IP address and netmask using Bitwise AND in shell script

Hi, I am having two variables IP="10.150.12.1" netmask="255.255.255.0" To get network number, I know that a bitwise & will help. networkno=IP & netmask My code is #!/usr/bin/ksh ip="10.150.12.1" netmask="255.255.255.0" networkno="$ip" & "$netmask" echo $networkno I am... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitanyapn
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate 30/31 days from today date script

Hi Guys, I was working some time ago n was in need to calculate date 30/31 days from today including Feb (Leap yr stuff). Today date is variable depending on day of execution of script. I tried searching but was not able to get exactly what I needed....So at that I time I implemented by my own... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolgoose85
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to calculate the size of files

Dear all, Please help me to write a script that can calculate the size of files. For example: I have a directory which contain thousands of files. I need to know the size of files that their name begin with abc_123 Thank all!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hainguyen1402
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script shell, how to calculate percentage?

hello, please can you help me. jj and kk are two numbers which are the result of an sql program. I would like to calculate the ratio jj/kk*100. I have done this: ratio=$((jj/kk * 100)) or ratio=`expr $jj \/ expr $kk) but the result is 0 What can i do? Thanks for help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: likeaix
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to calculate difference between 2 dates

shell script to calculate difference between 2 dates (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gredpurushottam
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to calculate the max cpu usage from the main script

Hi All, I have a script which does report the cpu usuage, there are few output parameter/fields displayed from the script. My problem is I have monitor the output and decide which cpu number (column 2) has maximum value (column 6). Since the output is displayed/updated every seconds, it's very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script shell calculate mean arrival request duration

hello, I have implemented this command : tshark -eth0 -T fiels -e frame.time et sip.Request-Line -z sip,stat > test2.txt the result of this command : test.txt: Aug 27, 2013 23:06:47.334270000 INVITE Aug 27, 2013 23:06:47.335045000 SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized Aug 27, 2013... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amouna
1 Replies

10. Linux

How to calculate the quarter end date according to the current date in shell script?

Hi, My question is how to calculate the quarter end date according to the current date in shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya_1234
2 Replies
DPKG-WWW(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPKG-WWW(1)

NAME
dpkg-www - program to remotely open a WWW Debian package browser SYNOPSIS
dpkg-www [-s|--stdout] [-h|--host host] [query] DESCRIPTION
dpkg-www is used to remotely control a WEB browser and open a dpkg URL on the local host from an interactive shell or script. If the command is invoked while running under X-window the script will try to find an installed X browser to open the specified URL. If not running under X it will try to use a text browser instead. If Netscape is found and a Netscape instance is already running it will be asked to open the dpkg URL on localhost with the optional query supplied on the command line. If there is no browser running, it will start automatically a new one. The functionality provided by this program is identical to running a web browser with the -remote openURL(http://localhost/cgi-bin/dpkg) argument or opening the same URL from within the browser. dpkg-www-installer is an helper application which can configured in the WWW browser for web installation. It should never be invoked directly by the user. OPTIONS
-s, --stdout Redirect output to stdout. Requires one of the text browsers (lynx, lynx-ssl or links) installed. -h, --host host Send the query to a remote host, where dpkg-www must be installed. query Specifies an optional package name, an absolute pathname or a query argument which is passed to the dpkg cgi-bin. See dpkg-www(8) for more information about the use of the cgi. FILES
/etc/dpkg-www.conf ~/.dpkg-www Configuration files for dpkg-www. It is not necessary for these files to exist, there are sensible defaults for everything, but you can specify your preferred www browser with the DPKG_WWW_BROWSER variable, for example: DPKG_WWW_BROWSER=mozilla EXAMPLES
dpkg-www This would open a dpkg URL on localhost listing all the installed packages. dpkg-www bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package. dpkg-www -h pisolo bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package on host pisolo. dpkg-www 'dpkg*' This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages matching dpkg*. dpkg-www /bin/bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the package(s) owning the file /bin/bash . dpkg-www depends=svgalib This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages depending on svgalib. dpkg-www --stdout depends=awk | grep ^ii This would list on stdout all packages depending on awk and grep all lines of installed packages. SEE ALSO
dpkg(8), dpkg-www(8) AUTHOR
Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@debian.org>. Bugs should be reported via the normal Debian bug reporting system. LICENCE
dpkg-www is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2. September 1, 2004 DPKG-WWW(1)