Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell script dynamic command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script dynamic command Post 302402811 by nuthalapati on Wednesday 10th of March 2010 05:27:32 PM
Old 03-10-2010
Shell script dynamic command

I need to run a shell script with dynamic command in it like

Code:
# Begin script...

mysql xx "select * from tab"  | sed 's/\t/|/g' > GENERATED_20100304.txt

the dynamic part is 20100304 which should be today's date, and it needs to run every day and create a new file with GENERATED_YYYYMMDD.txt

Any thoughts ?

Last edited by Scott; 03-10-2010 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace dynamic data in a shell script

Hi, I have a file that looks something like this: ... 0,6,256,87,0,0,0,1187443420 0,6,438,37,0,0,0,1187443380 0,2,0,0,0,10,0,1197140320 0,3,0,0,0,10,0,1197140875 0,2,0,0,0,23,0,1197140332 0,3,0,0,0,23,0,1197140437 0,2,0,0,0,17,0,1197140447 0,3,0,0,0,17,0,1197140543... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: csejl
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Run Interval to be dynamic

Hi All. I have a script which has to be run periodically. The frequency of its run will be decided by a Database stored value PollRate. e.g. If PollRate value is 300secs, then the script should be executed every 5 minutes, if it's 1500secs, it should execute every 15 minutes. Is there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic variables within shell script

Hi Gurus, I have a requirement of writting the shell script where it should ask me two values FND_TOP=/d02/app/oracle/xxx/fnd/11.5.0 CDCRM_TOP=/d02/app/oracle/xxx/cdcrm/11.5.0 and then keep these values stored as variables for the execution of rest of the script. Because, I have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isingh786
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a list of dynamic names to a "PS" command in shell script?

Hi, I am new to shell script. This is my first post .I have written a small script which returns list of names starts with "ram" in /etc/passwd .Here is that:- #!/bin/ksh NAME_LIST="name_list.txt" cat /dev/null > $NAME_LIST evalcmd="cat /etc/passwd | grep "^ram?*" | cut -d: -f1" eval... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.tendulka
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating dynamic shell script

Hello I am trying to create a dynamic ksh script and I have an issue. I have a script a.ksh and it has got the following lines (for example) #!/bin/ksh # trace mode +x : without trace -x : with trace set +xv echo hi, i am going to create a dynamic script now cat >> dynamic.ks <<EOF... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundarkumars
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamic editing using shell script

Hi, I would like to edit an input data-file by changing a variable in it in steps: For ex: If my input file is 'big.in', then it has the following data: 2.54 0.01 0.5 0.0 My source code then reads this above line, executes and gives out some output. Then , I want to increment... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: habzone2007
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic SQL query based on shell script parameters

Hi, I need a script that will run a dynamic Oracle SQL. Dynamic meaning the SQL statement depends on the parameter. For instance, something like this: #!/bin/ksh -x # Set environment . /home/mine/set_vars sqlplus $LOGINID <<! >> /home/mine/log.txt select count(1) from $1 where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing dynamic value to shell script

Hi Team, I'm using HP UX. I want to pass a variable dynamically as input while executing the script and that value need to be replaced with a string in the script. I tired SED, in the command line its working but while I keep the same command in the script its not working. Can someone help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazel
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic checkbox(HTML page) for each process using shell script

Hi friends, I m newbie to bash scripting , i m writing script(bash) that will display all processes which r running in my system in an html page, everything going fine but i m not able to get checkbox dynamically for each process in html page ,so that i can mark that process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vagga06
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Printf command , a little more dynamic..

A big hello to everyone tagged to this site of knowledge . This is the first post of mine and I am looking forward to an enjoyable stint in this forum where I get to know a lot of new ideas and share whatever knowledge (its not much though :) ) I have acquired throughout my career so far with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
4 Replies
MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)

NAME
mysql_fix_privilege_tables - upgrade MySQL system tables SYNOPSIS
mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password DESCRIPTION
Note In MySQL 5.1.7, mysql_fix_privilege_tables was superseded by mysql_upgrade, which should be used instead. See mysql_upgrade(1). Some releases of MySQL introduce changes to the structure of the system tables in the mysql database to add new privileges or support new features. When you update to a new version of MySQL, you should update your system tables as well to make sure that their structure is up to date. Otherwise, there might be capabilities that you cannot take advantage of. mysql_fix_privilege_tables is an older script that previously was used to uprade the system tables in the mysql database after a MySQL upgrade. Before running mysql_fix_privilege_tables, make a backup of your mysql database. On Unix or Unix-like systems, update the system tables by running the mysql_fix_privilege_tables script: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables You must run this script while the server is running. It attempts to connect to the server running on the local host as root. If your root account requires a password, indicate the password on the command line like this: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password The mysql_fix_privilege_tables script performs any actions necessary to convert your system tables to the current format. You might see some Duplicate column name warnings as it runs; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it so that any changes made to the system tables take effect. On Windows systems, MySQL distributions include a mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql SQL script that you can run using the mysql client. For example, if your MySQL installation is located at C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1, the commands look like this: C:> cd "C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1" C:> binmysql -u root -p mysql mysql> SOURCE share/mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql Note Prior to version 5.1.17, the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script is found in the scripts directory. The mysql command will prompt you for the root password; enter it when prompted. If your installation is located in some other directory, adjust the path names appropriately. As with the Unix procedure, you might see some Duplicate column name warnings as mysql processes the statements in the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)