Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX troubleshooting
Operating Systems AIX AIX troubleshooting Post 302402774 by Scott on Wednesday 10th of March 2010 03:26:54 PM
Old 03-10-2010
I was thinking NMON, but I can't say off the top of my head if it'll give you exactly what you need. Have a look Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Networking troubleshooting

How can i tell how long my network cards have been connected to the network for. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manwithaphone
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Troubleshooting Script

I am fairly new to Unix (Sun OS) scripting with Ksh, and I could use a little help troubleshooting my script. When I run it, I get the error "if unexpected" on the function setYear. If I comment out the setYear function, I get the error "for unexpected" on the function sendEmails. This leads me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mharley
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tftp troubleshooting

Hi I am trying to do a network install of Solaris 10 08_07 onto a Sunfire T2000. I have configured all my network-boot-arguments on the client server (named sundb1). I have installed my image of Solaris on my install server (sun1). But when I try to install using # boot net -s I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby76
0 Replies

4. Solaris

help troubleshooting

Hi. I have a Solaris 10 server that's taking about 20secs to respond to telnet or ftp commands. Has anyone ever seen something like that? Can you tell me where to start troubleshooting please? I logged in and did a prtstat, but nothing is jumping out as an issue. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
8 Replies

5. AIX

How to Troubleshooting IO in AIX 6.xx

I am running Oracle databases and recently have been facing slow IO response. I know in 11g one can run calibrate_IO from within DB and it would have given me some data for IO, but DB is 10g. Is there any tool available which can give me max MBPS, max IO requests per second system can handle and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clifford
1 Replies

6. AIX

iSCSI troubleshooting

I have an Equallogic SAN that I connect to from AIX (as well as Windows) I had configured the connection and created the volumes and filesystems and all was working great. Then one day, no communication between the SAN and the AIX (I can ping though) Anything I do on the AIX box at this time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldmanjoe
2 Replies

7. Solaris

prtdiag -v troubleshooting

selected lines from the output of the "prtdiag -v" command on a T5240 SUN server running Solaris 10. Are the following known as FRU names and what do they mean? MB/CMP0/BR0/CH0/D0 MB/CMP0/BR0/CH1/D0 SYS/FANBD0/FM0/F0 SYS/FANBD0/FM0/F1 SYS/MB/CMP0/BR1/CH0/D1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snoman1
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

TCP/IP troubleshooting

Hello all, Can somebody please tell what is the best book out there that can help me learn TCP troubleshooting and understaning the TCP options like window scaling, large receive offload? I would like to understand how all the TCP tuning parameters function. Is there a book out there that can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
4 Replies

9. AIX

Troubleshooting OpenSSH 6.2 Install on AIX 7.1

*SOLVED. please see edit at bottom* Hello, I have a freshly installed AIX 7.1 that I would like to enable SSH on. I believe I need OpenSSH and OpenSSL to do this. OpenSSL was already installed, so I moved onto installing OpenSSH. I downloaded OpenSSH 6.2 from this site that claims support... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Troubleshooting whiptail

Here is a code snippet using whiptail , it fails to complete giving me long list of options available for whiptail . That is great, but how do I determine which of the current opinions is wrong? I did tried inserting comment (#) into options and it just did not work. Deleting the option... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
9 Replies
cgi-fcgi(1)						      General Commands Manual						       cgi-fcgi(1)

NAME
cgi-fcgi - bridge from CGI to FastCGI SYNOPSIS
cgi-fcgi -f cmdPath cgi-fcgi -bind -connect connName cgi-fcgi -start -connect connName appPath [nServers] cgi-fcgi -connect connName appPath [nServers] DESCRIPTION
cgi-fcgi is a CGI/1.1 program that communicates with an already-running FastCGI application in order to respond to an HTTP request. cgi- fcgi is also capable of starting a FastCGI application. When you invoke cgi-fcgi as cgi-fcgi -f cmdPath then cgi-fcgi opens the file at cmdPath and reads its arguments from that file. cgi-fcgi will skip lines that begin with the comment char- acter #. The first non-comment line should contain valid arguments in one of the other three forms. The -f form of cgi-fcgi is designed for Unix systems whose exec(2) family of system calls supports the execution of command interpreter files. For instance, if a file with execute permission contains the text #! /bin/cgi-fcgi -f -connect /httpd/root/sock/app /httpd/root/bin/app the effect is the same as executing /usr/bin/cgi-fcgi -connect /httpd/root/sock/app /httpd/root/bin/app When you invoke cgi-fcgi as cgi-fcgi -bind -connect connName the connName argument is either the path name of a Unix domain listening socket or a host:port pair. If connName contains a colon, it is assumed to be host:port. cgi-fcgi performs a connect(2) using connName. If the connect succeeds, cgi-fcgi forwards the CGI environment variables and stdin data to the FastCGI application, and forwards the stdout and stderr data from the application to cgi-fcgi's stdout (most likely connected to a Web server). When the FastCGI application signals the end of its response, cgi-fcgi flushes its buffers and exits, and the Web server completes the http response. When you invoke cgi-fcgi as cgi-fcgi -start -connect connName appPath [nServers] then cgi-fcgi performs the function of starting one or more FastCGI application processes. The connName argument specifies either the path name of the Unix domain listening socket that cgi-fcgi will create, or is "localhost:NNN" where NNN is the port number of the TCP/IP lis- tening socket that cgi-fcgi will create on the local machine. (cgi-fcgi will not create processes on remote machines.) After cgi-fcgi creates the listening socket, it forks nServers copies of a process running the executable file appPath. If nServers is omitted, the effect is as if the value "1" had been specified. The processes share the single listening socket. When you invoke cgi-fcgi as cgi-fcgi -connect connName appPath [nServers] cgi-fcgi performs -bind and then, if necssary, performs -start and repeats the -bind. That is, cgi-fcgi first operates as if the command had been cgi-fcgi -bind -connect connName If the connect fails, cgi-fcgi tries cgi-fcgi -start -connect connName appPath [nServers] and finally retries cgi-fcgi -bind -connect connName In this form, cgi-fcgi does not support TCP/IP connections. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The usual CGI ones, but they are not interpreted by cgi-fcgi. SEE ALSO
FGCI_accept(3). (in Debian, /usr/share/doc/libfcgi?/*) BUGS
cgi-fcgi doesn't generate useful HTTP responses in case of error, and it generates no response at all when run as start-fcgi. On Digital UNIX 3.0 systems the implementation of Unix Domain sockets does not work when such sockets are stored on NFS file systems. Symptom: cgi-fcgi may core dump or may exit with status 38. Work-around: store sockets in local file systems (/tmp often works) or use TCP/IP. On AIX systems the implementation of listening sockets does not support socket sharing, and the standard FastCGI application libraries can't synchronize access to AIX listening sockets. Work-around: Don't use the nServers argument on AIX. HISTORY
Copyright (c) 1996 Open Market, Inc. See the file "LICENSE.TERMS" for information on usage and redistribution of this file, and for a DIS- CLAIMER OF ALL WARRANTIES. $Id: cgi-fcgi.1,v 1.1.1.1 1997/09/16 15:36:26 stanleyg Exp $ 1997-09-17 cgi-fcgi(1)