Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expression recursion level question Post 302402328 by methyl on Tuesday 9th of March 2010 12:26:47 PM
Old 03-09-2010

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enterprise level permissions question?

Can someone give me an example of Enterprise level permissions? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about regular expression

why does * highlight everything in it... shouldn't it only highlight capital letters? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brentdeback
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular Expression Question

Hi - I am trying to ignore the following items from a list. lp0 lp11 lp12 lp14 The following code works fine, but I was wondering if there was a tidier way to write the lp regular expression? egrep -v "lp" Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krispy
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Question On Recursion In Ksh

Hi Folks, I would just like to know how recursion works in ksh or inside a shell in general. I created the following script, but it works(runs recursively) only for 64 times: ---------------- #! /usr/bin/ksh displaymessage() { echo "displaying count: $cnt " echo "wait for 1 second..."... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marlonus999
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular Expression question

Folks; I have 3 questions & any help with them would be really appreciated: If i have a list of directories, for example: /fs/pas/2007/4/6/2634210/admdat/examin /fs/pas/2007/4/6/2634210/admdat2/stat /fs/pas/2007/4/6/2634210/admdat3/data /fs/pas/2007/4/6/2634210/im_2/0b.dcm Now; my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[sh] While loop -> Expression recursion level exceeded

Hi! I wanted to use a while loop, like the one below, for checking words extracted by awk to terminate when a specific word appears. Unfortunately whenever I put my code inside the loop I get an error "Expression recursion level exceeded". What does it mean? What recursion? I don't have any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: machinogodzilla
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular Expression Question

Hello, I'm trying to rename a bunch of files that were named incorrectly. I know a little about regular expressions but I'm not very good at them. Here is the image of the file names: http://i47.tinypic.com/np2gxi.jpg I'm trying to change the 20111116 at the beginning to 20101116 for all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nastyn8
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

General question about folder level permissions

How is the level of access on a particular folder determined? I have heard (its just hearsay so am not particularly sure of it) that the access a particular user/group has to a low level directory is also affected by the level of access granted to the user/group on its parent directories. e.g. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on returning back a level with menus

Hi Agian Sorry for all these questions...: Last one for a whie, I promise This is an example of a menu script I am using. It works OK...when I get to the 2nd menu level, if the command is issued or canceled, I would like to go back to the first menu (# MAIN SECTION) This is NOT the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: olearydc
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular expression question

Hi guys, I need a help with a query. Basically i want to know the difference between (0+01)* and ((0+01)*)* . It seems whatever string can be generated by the first RE can also be generated by second and they should essentially be same. Am i missing something? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srkmish
1 Replies
FIREFOX(1)                                                      Linux User's Manual                                                     FIREFOX(1)

NAME
firefox - a Web browser for X11 derived from the Mozilla browser SYNOPSIS
firefox [OPTIONS] [URL] DESCRIPTION
Mozilla Firefox is an open-source web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance and portability. USAGE
firefox is a simple shell script that will set up the environment for the actual executable. OPTIONS
A summary of the options supported by firefox is included below. GTK options --gdk-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to set --gdk-no-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to unset --gtk-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to set --gtk-no-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to unset --gtk-module=MODULE Load an additional Gtk module X11 options --display=DISPLAY X display to use --sync Make X calls synchronous --no-xshm Don't use X shared memory extension --xim-preedit=STYLE --xim-status=STYLE --g-fatal-warnings Make all warnings fatal Firefox options -h, -help Show summary of options. -height value Set height of startup window to value. -width value Set width of startup window to value. -v, -version Print /usr/bin/firefox-bin version. -CreateProfile profile Create profile. -P profile Start with profile. -ProfileManager Start with profile manager. -UILocale lang-region Start with lang-region resources. -contentLocale lang-region Start with lang-region resources. -remote command Execute command in an already running Firefox process. For more info, see: http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html -no-remote Don't try to control an already running instance. -jsconsole Start with Javascript Console -chrome url Load the specified chrome. -new-window url Open URL in a new window if Firefox is already running. -new-tab url Open URL in a new tab if Firefox is already running. -preferences Open Firefox preferences menu. -safe-mode Disables extensions and themes for this session. FILES /usr/bin/firefox - shell script wrapping firefox /usr/lib/firefox/firefox - firefox executable VERSION
3.0 BUGS
To report a bug, please visit http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ SEE ALSO
mozilla(1) AUTHORS
The Mozilla Organization http://www.mozilla.org/about.html firefox January 04, 2006 FIREFOX(1)