Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RBAC & Logging
Operating Systems Solaris RBAC & Logging Post 302402309 by incredible on Tuesday 9th of March 2010 11:16:09 AM
Old 03-09-2010
/var/adm/sulog file will show you who sued to a profile.
the .sh_history or .bash_history file within the profile's/user's home directory would capture the commands issued.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RBAC logging

Hi gurus: I have not come accross any links on the internet that shows how to set up logging in RBAC and also is it possible to get the granularity and simplicity of sudo logging in RBAC. I have heard that RBAC logs are complicated to read and not as simple and granular as sudo logs. Your help... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: geomonap
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Rbac

I am trying to let user asillitoe su to the godbrook role to execute commands. I have editted files as follows: user_attr: asillito::::type=normal;roles=godbrook godbrook::::type=role;profiles=Gadbrook,All prof_attr: Gadbrook:::Allow root commands to be used by godbrook: exec_attr:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisdberry
0 Replies

3. Solaris

RBAC Help

do i have to create a new account to add a role? i want the sysadmin login i have 3 users on my systems sysadmin secman oc01 also 3 profiles SA (goes t0 sysadmin account) SSO (goes to secman account) LMICS (goes to oc01 account) the user accounts are located in /h/USERS/local the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Rbac

Can anyone help me on "How to change Unix to support RBAC policy"? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPoroo
4 Replies

5. Solaris

rbac problem.

Hi all! On backup server with contab my script worked, but one command don't fine to be executed: bash-3.00$ scp itadmin@172.17.0.44:/export/backups/* /bckp1/opencms/bcp_`date +%Y%m%d`/ www-zone.cfg 100%... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sotich82
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Difference between sudo & RBAC

Hello Everybody I would like to know any major difference between sudo & RBAC as I am bit familiar with RBAC but not with sudo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

RBAC question

hi every one i tried rbac and i made 1- role called GizaRoot 2- group called gizagroup 3- added privlage autherization called "m.k" /usr/sbin/useradd:dflt:(m.k,*):0/0//:dflt:dflt:dflt: i assigned the role to group and add user to that group then su to user and tried to use the command ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Sol10 + OpenLDAP = excessive logging & full file system??!!

Hello all, new to this forum (member of many others). Hopefully I can find help here. SERVER: Brand new server Oracle Enterprise SPARC T4-1 Loaded Solaris SPARC 10 u10, patched to 147440-27 Loaded OpenLDAP v2.4.30 Loaded Berkley DB 4.7.25.NC Loaded OpenSSL 1.0.1c Note: All packages are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wraith_G2IC
2 Replies

9. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Connection Logging in Solaris 10 & 11 - Beginner

Excuse my ignorance as I am very new to working with Solaris. I'm looking for documentation on how to create a network log in Solaris 10 & 11. I don't wish to edit any of the logs currently the system. I simply want a log that will capture all incoming IP addresses and log them with a time-in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: FamousAv8er
8 Replies
sulog(4)							   File Formats 							  sulog(4)

NAME
sulog - su command log file SYNOPSIS
/var/adm/sulog DESCRIPTION
The sulog file is a record of all attempts by users on the system to execute the su(1M) command. Each time su(1M) is executed, an entry is added to the sulog file. Each entry in the sulog file is a single line of the form: SU date time result port user-newuser where date The month and date su(1M) was executed. date is displayed in the form mm/dd where mm is the month number and dd is the day number in the month. time The time su(1M) was executed. time is displayed in the form HH/MM where HH is the hour number (24 hour system) and MM is the minute number. result The result of the su(1M) command. A ` + ' sign is displayed in this field if the su attempt was successful; otherwise a ` - ' sign is displayed. port The name of the terminal device from which su(1M) was executed. user The user id of the user executing the su(1M) command. newuser The user id being switched to with su(1M). EXAMPLES
Example 1 A sample sulog file. Here is a sample sulog file: SU 02/25 09:29 + console root-sys SU 02/25 09:32 + pts/3 user1-root SU 03/02 08:03 + pts/5 user1-root SU 03/03 08:19 + pts/5 user1-root SU 03/09 14:24 - pts/5 guest3-root SU 03/09 14:24 - pts/5 guest3-root SU 03/14 08:31 + pts/4 user1-root FILES
/var/adm/sulog su log file /etc/default/su contains the default location of sulog SEE ALSO
su(1M) SunOS 5.11 6 Jun 1994 sulog(4)