Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed search and read the RHS information: Linux 2.6.9-89 Post 302402126 by pludi on Tuesday 9th of March 2010 02:42:42 AM
Old 03-09-2010
The way your config file is structured, just source it:
Code:
$ cat config.cfg
FILE_ID_1=1
FILE_FTP_ID_1=ftp.server1.com
FILE_FTP_USER_1=user1
FILE_FTP_PASS_1=pass1

FILE_ID_2=2
FILE_FTP_ID_2=ftp.server2.com
FILE_FTP_USER_2=user2
FILE_FTP_PASS_2=pass2

FILE_ID_3=3
FILE_FTP_ID_3=ftp.server3.com
FILE_FTP_USER_3=user3
FILE_FTP_PASS_3=pass3

FILE_ID_4=4
FILE_FTP_ID_4=ftp.server4.com
FILE_FTP_USER_4=user4
FILE_FTP_PASS_4=pass4

$ cat ftp.sh
#!/usr/bin/ksh

. ./config.cfg

id=${1:-1}

eval FTP_SERV=\${FILE_FTP_ID_$id}   # MAGIC
eval FTP_USER=\${FILE_FTP_USER_$id} # HAPPENS
eval FTP_PASS=\${FILE_FTP_PASS_$id} # HERE

echo $FTP_SERV
echo $FTP_USER
echo $FTP_PASS
$ ksh ftp.sh 1
ftp.server1.com
user1
pass1
$ ksh ftp.sh 3
ftp.server3.com
user3
pass3

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read a part of information from txt and put into the script

Hi, I have a name.txt which is stored: APPLE ORANGE RED BLUE GREEN and my script is: $name=`cat name.txt for file_number in `ls 1 /appl/CH_DATA/archive/CACHE/CDBACKUP$name*.archived however, my script cannot read name.txt and put into my scrip line, I would like the output is to... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
18 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read directory and fill a file with this information

Hello All, Got a question to make a script what reads a directory and put the file names from that directory in a file with some extra text. ls /tempdir output is: file1.gfh file2.txt file4.zzz these file names (always with an extention) must be placed in a line and written to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ToXiQ
2 Replies

3. Programming

How to read BGP session information with C

Friends, I want to read BGP session information with C ( in FreeBSD ). The program will almost work like a sniffer. My FreeBSD box (which is not a BGP speaker) will look at BGP session information (after catching and parsing it) and take a decision based on the information it sees. :wall: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asadfx
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help - search/copy from one file and search/paste to another

I am a newbie and would like some help with the following - Trying to search fileA for a string similar to - AS11000022010 30.4 31.7 43.7 53.8 60.5 71.1 75.2 74.7 66.9 56.6 42.7 32.5 53.3 I then want to replace that string with a string from fileB - ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read userid and password information from txt file

Hi Experts, I am writing a shell script (for displaying disk space details) which is logging to 15 different servers using following command. ssh userid@servername It is prompting me for password for all 15 servers when I manually run it. However , soon I would like to schedule this script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
4 Replies

6. AIX

read lv mountpoint information directly from disk

Hello, I need to get the lv mountpoint from the hdisk directly (from vgda i guess) and not from odm or /etc/filesystems I knew the command, but unfortunately I forgot it ;) cheers funksen (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED capturing information from a variable

Hi I can't get this line to work. I need to capture what is between Home and plugin_out, where the .* is located. RUN=`echo '${TSP_FILEPATH_PLUGIN_DIR}' | sed -e 's^/results/analysis/output/Home/\(.*\)/plugin_out/g'`; echo ${RUN}; I'm getting the error sed: -e expression #1, char 51:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdilts
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Log Realtime and Parse out Information for a Report

I'm not too fluent at this and having problems comprehending / coming up with a way to do it. Our telephone system is spitting out call information on it's maintenance (serial) port which i have connected to a linux box. I want to be able to monitor the output of this text and when a 911 call is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pythong
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Obtaining File information based on String Search

Is there a single Command in Unix to get the following Information when searching for files containing one or more strings in a Unix Directory (including sub directories within it) : 1) Complete filename ( path and filename) 2) Owner of the file 3) Size of the file 4) Last Modified date... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search for the information at file

I'm having few question. i'm have a input file. Other information CONNECTIONS "BP-COLLECTOR" J6.4 "BP-TEST".4; +5VS C34.1 U21.1; DEV_I2C_SDA J6.6 R4.1 U18.1; DEVICES "BP-TEST" 1."BP-LED_ANODE" (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kttan
8 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)