Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP Command inside If condition Post 302401847 by abubacker on Monday 8th of March 2010 04:19:15 AM
Old 03-08-2010
I also suspect the same , make sure is there any space before EOF.
try giving a semicolon before a first EOF

ex : <<EOF ;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking condition inside the loop

Hi all, I have one clarification i am using the loop which will process for each record .suppose there is f ailure in the first record it need to send mail and process the next .my code: defcount=`cat <filename>|wc -l` while ] do if <some condiotion> then echo "mail" fi done so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ithirak17
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

condition inside a for loop

I have a for loop in my script as shown below. for file_path in $file_list ; do ........my code .......... ...... done Can i restrict the number of files parsing to the variable file_path as 50? That is, even if I have some 100 files in file_list, I need to take only 50 files for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijay06
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition inside while???

Hi source is text file named alpha.text containing entries ABC DEF XYZ YYY BBB I need a small shell script which should do read the entries in alpha.text one by one and check it with the current date. If the date is Mon (monday) and entry read from the file is 'DEF' then this should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep inside if condition - need help

hi i need help with below code. if ] then log "Exiting the script as ID= NULL" log "Please run script first." fi i am calling grep inside this but its not running any ideas why ?? input file is like this -- Msg 102, Level 20, State 1: Server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while using sqlplus command inside 'if' condition in an unix shell script

Hi all, I am using the below given sqlplus command in my unix script to invoke a stored procedure which returns a value .It works fine. RET_CODE=$(/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0.4.CL/bin/sqlplus -S $USER/$PASSWD@$DB_NAME <<EOF EXEC MY_PKG.MY_SP (:COUNT); PRINT COUNT; commit; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shri123
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check condition inside the loop

Hi, I am in trouble. I can get inside my condition test inside a loop : I am in ksh (solaris) while read file do <commande to retrieve file> >> ${LOG_RETRIEVE_FILE.log} msg_err=$(cat ${LOG_RETRIEVE_FILE.log} | grep "error retrieve") if ; then <sendmail> exit 1 fi done I tried... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect stdout echo command in condition A run in condition B

hi, I have some problems in my simple script about the redirect echo stdout command inside a condition. Why is the echo command inside the elif still execute in the else command Here are my simple script After check on the two diff output the echo stdout redirect is present in two diff... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use chmod command inside ftp block?

hi, i want to use chmod command inside ftp. so that what ever files are transfered to the local server will hav 664 permission. if i use chmod inside ftp , the file permissions gets changed in the remote server and when the file is transffered to local server using get command, it does not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output of a command inside ftp block?

hi, i am using ftp to get files from remote server. inside the ftp i want to us ls -ltr command and send the output of it to a file. ftp -n remote_server <<_FTP quote USER username quote PASS password prompt noprompt pwd ls -ltr get s1.txt bye _FTP i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If else condition inside for loop of awk command in UNIX shell scripting

Hi , Please excuse me for opening a new thread i am unable to find out the syntax error in my if else condition inside for loop in awk command , my actual aim is to print formatted html td tag when if condition (True) having string as "failed", could anyone please advise what is the right... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
2 Replies
CHECKBASHISMS(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CHECKBASHISMS(1)

NAME
checkbashisms - check for bashisms in /bin/sh scripts SYNOPSIS
checkbashisms script ... checkbashisms --help|--version DESCRIPTION
checkbashisms, based on one of the checks from the lintian system, performs basic checks on /bin/sh shell scripts for the possible presence of bashisms. It takes the names of the shell scripts on the command line, and outputs warnings if possible bashisms are detected. Note that the definition of a bashism in this context roughly equates to "a shell feature that is not required to be supported by POSIX"; this means that some issues flagged may be permitted under optional sections of POSIX, such as XSI or User Portability. In cases where POSIX and Debian Policy disagree, checkbashisms by default allows extensions permitted by Policy but may also provide options for stricter checking. OPTIONS
--help, -h Show a summary of options. --newline, -n Check for "echo -n" usage (non POSIX but required by Debian Policy 10.4.) --posix, -p Check for issues which are non POSIX but required to be supported by Debian Policy 10.4 (implies -n). --force, -f Force each script to be checked, even if it would normally not be (for instance, it has a bash or non POSIX shell shebang or appears to be a shell wrapper). --extra, -x Highlight lines which, whilst they do not contain bashisms, may be useful in determining whether a particular issue is a false posi- tive which may be ignored. For example, the use of "$BASH_ENV" may be preceded by checking whether "$BASH" is set. --version, -v Show version and copyright information. EXIT VALUES
The exit value will be 0 if no possible bashisms or other problems were detected. Otherwise it will be the sum of the following error val- ues: 1 A possible bashism was detected. 2 A file was skipped for some reason, for example, because it was unreadable or not found. The warning message will give details. SEE ALSO
lintian(1). AUTHOR
checkbashisms was originally written as a shell script by Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org> and rewritten in Perl with many more features by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities CHECKBASHISMS(1)