Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting String/Variable Concatenation Post 302401588 by LAVco on Sunday 7th of March 2010 12:42:54 AM
Old 03-07-2010
thanks for the response..

in bash the result is C1.NL.NLDOT.NLPCP.20100307T052700.tmp

In bourne the result is .20100307T052700.tmp

---------- Post updated at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:40 AM ----------

additional info..

Code:
#
cfgFilePath="../etc/app.conf"
#
# configuration section constants
cfgSec0="STATION"
cfgSec1="NETWORK-CAMERA"
cfgSecCnt1=`grep -c $cfgSec1 $cfgFilePath`
cfgSec2="DATA-CENTER"
cfgSecCnt2=`grep -c $cfgSec2 $cfgFilePath`
#
# timestamp
ts=`date --utc +%Y%m%dT%H%M00`
#
# parse station parameters
set -- $(awk '/\['$cfgSec0']/{f=1;next}/\[/{f=0}f{print $NF}' $cfgFilePath)
#
sta_region=$1
sta_org=$2
sta_name=$3
sta_clientid=$4
sta_netid=$5
#
for (( i = 0 ; i < cfgSecCnt1 ; i++ )); do
	# set camera index value
	cindex=$[$i + 1]
	echo $cindex
	echo $sta_region 
	echo $sta_org 
	echo $sta_name 
	echo $sta_clientid
	echo $sta_netid
	echo ""
	# create temp and actual file name
	fnTmp=("C"$cindex"."$sta_region"."$sta_org"."$sta_clientid"."$ts".tmp")
	#
	#echo "C $cindex . $sta_region . $sta_org"
	echo $fnTmp
	#
	# parse network-camera parameters
	set -- $(awk '/\['$cfgSec1'.C'$cindex']/{f=1;next}/\[/{f=0}f{print $NF}' $cfgFilePath)
	#
	cam_uid=$1
	cam_pwd=$2
	cam_host=$3
	cam_cmd=$4
	echo $4
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

string concatenation

my input file contains thousands of lines like below 234A dept of education 9788 dept of commerce 8677 dept of engineering How do i add a delimeter ':' after FIRST 4 CHARACTERS in a line 234A:dept of education 9788:dept of commerce 8677:dept of engineering (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemsb
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help concatenation string and variable

Hello, in my script i have this lines of code in a while cycle: .. let j=i+1 t_prod_$i = `cat myfile.csv | grep world | cut -d ";" -f$j` let i+=1 ... So if i try an echo $t_prod_$i at the end of the cycle i cannot see the right value obtained by `cat myfile.csv | grep world |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drain
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation with spaces

Hi, I have a variable $ID=40 and I need to build a string like 40 40 40 40 40 40 so repeating ID 'n' times separated by spaces. Any help? Thanks Sarah (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Concatenation

Hi All, I need to concatenate the values in the array into a variable. Currently the code is : for (( i=1 ; i <= $minCount ; i++ )) do var="${var}""${sample_file}" done The output is : /tmp/1/tmp/2/tmp/3/tmp/4/tmp/5/tmp/6/tmp/7/tmp/8/tmp/9/tmp/10 I need a space between... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sh_kk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation problems

#! /bin/csh set tt=12345_UMR_BH452_3_2.txt set rr=`echo $tt | cut -d_ -f1` set rr1=welcome set ff=$rr $rr1 echo $ff why $ff returned only 12345 and not 12345welcome? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsignature88
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String / Variable Concatenation

Hi all, I'm trying to build a variable name automatically through a for loop for a script I'm working on, basically I want to build the variables named: $JVM_HOME0 or $JVM_HOME1 so that I can loop through some file copy/deletes and a server restart once completed. With the code below, I get this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydroponx
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation

Hi, I have two files. cat file.txt a b c d cat file1.txt j k l m I need the output as a:j (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String variable concatenation through loop problem

Hi Team!! Please can anyone tell me why the following line does not work properly? str3+=$str2 it seems that str3 variable does not keep its value in order to be concatenated in the next iteration! Thus when i print the result of the line above it returns the str2 value What i want to do is to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paladinaeon
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Group by and string concatenation

Hi, I was trying to work on a file which had the following data format 1 hi 1 this 1 is 1 john 2 hello 3 test 3 case the expected output file is the below 1 hi, this, is, john 2 hello 3 test, case I tried using awk or while read, but I couldnt... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikbhuvana
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with String concatenation

I have a script which is migrated from AIX to Linux & now while running it is no able to concatenate string values The string concatenation step under while loop is not displaying desired result Please find below the piece of code: while read EXT_FILE ; do EXT_FILE=$EXT_FILE.ext.sent echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
7 Replies
DATEFMT_IS_LENIENT(3)							 1						     DATEFMT_IS_LENIENT(3)

IntlDateFormatter::isLenient - Get the lenient used for the IntlDateFormatter

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public bool IntlDateFormatter::isLenient (void ) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool datefmt_is_lenient (IntlDateFormatter $fmt) Check if the parser is strict or lenient in interpreting inputs that do not match the pattern exactly. PARAMETERS
o $fmt - The formatter resource. RETURN VALUES
TRUE if parser is lenient, FALSE if parser is strict. By default the parser is lenient. EXAMPLES
Example #1 datefmt_is_lenient(3) example <?php $fmt = datefmt_create( 'en_US', IntlDateFormatter::FULL, IntlDateFormatter::FULL, 'America/Los_Angeles', IntlDateFormatter::GREGORIAN, 'dd/mm/yyyy' ); echo 'lenient of the formatter is : '; if ($fmt->isLenient()) { echo 'TRUE'; } else { echo 'FALSE'; } datefmt_parse($fmt, '35/13/1971'); echo " Trying to do parse('35/13/1971'). Result is : " . datefmt_parse($fmt, '35/13/1971'); if (intl_get_error_code() != 0) { echo " Error_msg is : " . intl_get_error_message(); echo " Error_code is : " . intl_get_error_code(); } datefmt_set_lenient($fmt,false); echo 'Now lenient of the formatter is : '; if ($fmt->isLenient()) { echo 'TRUE'; } else { echo 'FALSE'; } datefmt_parse($fmt, '35/13/1971'); echo " Trying to do parse('35/13/1971').Result is : " . datefmt_parse($fmt, '35/13/1971'); if (intl_get_error_code() != 0) { echo " Error_msg is : " . intl_get_error_message(); echo " Error_code is : " . intl_get_error_code(); } ?> Example #2 OO example <?php $fmt = new IntlDateFormatter( 'en_US', IntlDateFormatter::FULL, IntlDateFormatter::FULL, 'America/Los_Angeles', IntlDateFormatter::GREGORIAN, "dd/mm/yyyy" ); echo "lenient of the formatter is : "; if ($fmt->isLenient()) { echo 'TRUE'; } else { echo 'FALSE'; } $fmt->parse('35/13/1971'); echo " Trying to do parse('35/13/1971'). Result is : " . $fmt->parse('35/13/1971'); if (intl_get_error_code() != 0){ echo " Error_msg is : " . intl_get_error_message(); echo " Error_code is : " . intl_get_error_code(); } $fmt->setLenient(FALSE); echo 'Now lenient of the formatter is : '; if ($fmt->isLenient()) { echo 'TRUE'; } else { echo 'FALSE'; } $fmt->parse('35/13/1971'); echo " Trying to do parse('35/13/1971'). Result is : " . $fmt->parse('35/13/1971'); if (intl_get_error_code() != 0) { echo " Error_msg is : " . intl_get_error_message(); echo " Error_code is : " . intl_get_error_code(); } ?> The above example will output: lenient of the formatter is : TRUE Trying to do parse('35/13/1971'). Result is : -2147483 Now lenient of the formatter is : FALSE Trying to do parse('35/13/1971'). Result is : Error_msg is : Date parsing failed: U_PARSE_ERROR Error_code is : 9 SEE ALSO
datefmt_set_lenient(3), datefmt_create(3). PHP Documentation Group DATEFMT_IS_LENIENT(3)