Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris using ls -ltr : display only last four file names Post 302401279 by rahulbahulekar on Friday 5th of March 2010 10:58:30 AM
Old 03-05-2010
Thank you!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display file names that are being deleted

The print command lists the path of the file being found. I want the output as the file name along with the date that particular files were created i.e similar to a ls -l command. I am using find to list all the files that satisfy the selection criteria and delete them using rm. Can I display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theguy16
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting only file size of the ls -ltr command.

All, I only need to get the file size when I do an ls -ltr filename.txt Could you give me the exact syntax. Thanks KOP (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingofprussia
6 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

display only file names

Hi, I want to display only the file names of the ls command with a delimiter of comma. For example:- ls /etc/dir/N* gives the following output /etc/dir/N1 /etc/dir/N2 /etc/dir/N3 I want the output as N1,N2,N3,-->Here i need the final comma also. Also, here /etc/dir is being... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to display function names (called & defined) in a C++ Source Code

Hello to all, I am looking for a way to display only the names of function (calls & definition) of a C++ source code.There is already a post related to this, but the script is to find the functions using a specific variable, and the replies are not that convincing since they cannot be used for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file names in a directory while ignoring certain file names

Sun Solaris Unix Question Haven't been able to find any solution for this situation. Let's just say the file names listed below exist in a directory. I want the find command to find all files in this directory but at the same time I want to eliminate certain file names or files with certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls -ltr for a future date/time stamp file

Hi When i do ls -ltr <file1> then it shows me the date and time of the file if - for whatever reason file has future date/time stamp then ls -ltr is not showing the time, it just shows only date part ... even if time is ahead by 2 hr than current time. suppose a file was copied from INDIA... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls -ltr a list of filenames-with-spaces within a text file

OS: RHEL 5.8 shell: bash 3.2.25 Directory /home/guest/ contains these files: file a file b file c fileD fileE fileF testFile.txt I'm trying to find the syntax to run ls -ltr against this list of files that is contained within a text file, testFile.txt. The file testFile.txt has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uschaafm
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have two commands “ls -h” and “ls -ltr”. How do i make sure “ls -ltr” is run after “ls -h” is suc

help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Generic script to load file details(ls -ltr) in to a database.

All, I am trying to create a report on the duration of an ETL load from the file arrival to the final dump in to a database for SLA's. Does anyone have any guidance or ideas on how metadata can be extracted; information of a file: like file name, created timestamp, count of records and load... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepp
1 Replies
sf880drd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      sf880drd(1M)

NAME
sf880drd - Sun Fire 880 Dynamic Reconfiguration daemon SYNOPSIS
sf880drd DESCRIPTION
The Sun Fire 880 Dynamic Reconfiguration daemon, sf880drd, is part of the PCI and system bus hotplug framework. sf880drd starts at boot time. It has no configuration options and does not report any system status. sf880drd implements the Sun Fire 880 console-less system administration (per-slot pushbuttons and LED status indicators). It also manages various aspects of CPU/memory hotplug. FILES
/usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-880/lib/sf880drd ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsfdr.u | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), cfgadm(1M), cfgadm_pci(1M), cfgadm_sbd(1M), svcadm(1M), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The sf880drd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/platform/sun4u/sf880drd Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.11 13 Aug 2004 sf880drd(1M)