Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sendmail attachment issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sendmail attachment issue Post 302401087 by kshji on Friday 5th of March 2010 12:51:24 AM
Old 03-05-2010
Code:
/usr/lib/sendmail -t -i <<EOF
To:  emailid.test@email.com
Subject: Here is some 

Some messagetext ex. $(date)

or some file like:
$(cat message.txt)

$(uuencode some.gif some.gif )

EOF

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

attachment using sendmail

Hi, I use the sendmail command to send automatic e-mail in my control programs, but I'd like to know if there's a non interactive way to send an attachment, like a small text file through sendmail command. I didn't find a way in the man, so anyone has already done it?.. give an example for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vastare
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Sendmail (& attachment)

Hi, This is my first thread. Iam trying the following: OS: Sun Database: DB2, Informix, Oracle * Get the status of the database (using database command line options) * pipe to a text file * send mail of the text file to receiptents. TODO1: First step i tried to send a test message.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenkanya
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail attachment problem

Hello, i am sending email with following command. The problem is the attachment is displayed as inline text instead of a file attached to email. What should i do? I don't have chance to install new binaries to the server (SunOS) ( \ echo From: Sender ; \ echo Subject: Testing ; \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yakari
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with HTML body and attachment

I have an HTML file I am currently sending in the body of an email. I now have a need to send a csv attachment along with it. I can ONLY use sendmail as mutt and xmail etc are not on the server. Here is what I am currently using: It is possible to add code to add an attachment ??!? { ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: atelford
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail with attachment not working

dear all I have below function which send an email, but if I need to add an attachement it won't work instead it write some jibberish to body of the email begin 644 SIGN_OFF_AP_20120626.csv M4TE'3E]/1D9?4TA%150L351-7T1!5$4L0D]/2RQ35$%455,L5D%25%E012Q# %3U5.5`H` ` end function... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send attachment through sendmail

Hi, I am trying to send log file of a job run in unix machince through sendmail.Though I am able to send the text but it is not sending as attachment. Could you please look into the code and let me know where I have gone wrong fdate=`date %Y%j`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachment using sendmail command

Send_Mail() { C_Date=`date +"%m/%d/%Y"` #Subject="MMDB Load Job Status" for i in `cat $Metafile` do if then email_address=`echo $i | cut -d":" -f2` /usr/lib/sendmail "$email_address" < $Email_File fi done } this is the send mail command i am using .please let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alok K Yadav
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with attachment

Hello people, I only have sendmail and uuencode on a Oracle (RH) linux server. While: /usr/bin/uuencode awr.html awr.html | /usr/sbin/sendmail myemail@company.com Is working fine, the ideal for me is to do something like: echo "To: me@company.com" > /home/vasilis/msg.txt echo "Subject: DB... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with attachment in sendmail

Hi Folks I have below code, which is able to successfully send the content of the output file as html which is body, but i did tried uuencode & mailx -a for sending attachments but to no avail. cat - ${Output_File} <<EOF| /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t #From: ${MAILFROM} To: ${MAILTO} Subject:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies
sendmail(4)							   File Formats 						       sendmail(4)

NAME
sendmail, sendmail.cf, submit.cf - sendmail configuration files SYNOPSIS
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf /etc/mail/submit.cf DESCRIPTION
The sendmail.cf and submit.cf files are the configuration files for sendmail(1M). Starting with version 8.12 of sendmail, which was shipped with version 9 of the Solaris operating system, two configuration files are used for submission and transmission of mail, instead of only sendmail.cf, as before. These are: sendmail.cf Remains the principal sendmail configuration file. Used for the Mail Transmission Agent (MTA). submit.cf Used for the Mail Submission Program (MSP). The MSP is used to submit mail messages. Unlike the MTA, it does not run as an SMTP daemon. The MSP does not require root privileges, thus the two-file model provides better security than the pre-sendmail 8.12 model, in which the MSP ran as a daemon and required root privileges. In the default sendmail configuration, sendmail uses submit.cf, as indicated in ps(1) output. In ps output, you will observe two sendmail invocations, such as the ones below: /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m The first indicates the use of submit.cf, with the client queue (/var/spool/clientmqueue) being checked--and, if needed, flushed--every 15 minutes. The second invocation runs sendmail as a daemon, waiting for incoming SMTP connections. As shipped, sendmail.cf and, in particular, submit.cf, are appropriate for most environments. Where a knowledgeable system administrator needs to make a change, he should use the following procedures. For sendmail.cf: 1. Change directories to the directory that contains the source files for the configuration files. # cd /etc/mail/cf/cf 2. Create a copy of the sendmail file for your system. # cp sendmail.mc `hostname`.mc 3. Edit `hostname`.mc. Make changes suitable for your system and environment. 4. Run make to generate the configuration file. # /usr/bin/make `hostname`.cf 5. Copy the newly generated file to its correct location. # cp `hostname`.cf /etc/mail/sendmail.cf 6. Restart the sendmail service. # svcadm restart sendmail You must restart sendmail for sendmail.cf file changes to take effect, as indicated in step 6. Steps 4 - 6 can be automated. See Automated Rebuilding of Configuration Files below. For submit.cf: 1. Change directories to the directory that contains the source files for the configuration files. # cd /etc/mail/cf/cf 2. Create a copy of the submit file for your system. # cp submit.mc submit-`hostname`.mc 3. Edit submit-`hostname`.mc. Make changes suitable for your system and environment. 4. Run make to generate the configuration file. # /usr/bin/make submit-`hostname`.cf 5. Copy the newly generated file to its correct location. # cp submit-`hostname`.cf /etc/mail/submit.cf You do not need to restart sendmail for changes to submit.cf to take effect. Steps 4 and 5 can be automated. See Automated Rebuilding of Configuration Files below. Enabling Access to Remote Clients The sendmail(1M) man page describes how the config/local_only property can be set to true or false to disallow or allow, respectively, access to remote clients for unmodified systems. Setting values for the following properties for the service instance svc:/network/smtp:sendmail results in automated (re)building of con- figuration files: path_to_sendmail_mc path_to_submit_mc The values for these properties should be strings which represent the path name of the .mc files referred to in steps 2 and 3 of both pro- cedures above. Recommended values are: /etc/mail/cf/cf/`hostname`.mc /etc/mail/cf/cf/submit-`hostname`.mc Each property, if set, results in the corresponding .mc file being used to (re)build the matching .cf file when the service is started. These properties persist across upgrades and patches. To prevent a patch or upgrade from clobbering your .cf file, or renaming it to .cf.old, you can set the desired properties instead. FILES
/etc/mail/cf/README Describes sendmail configuration files. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
make(1S), ps(1), sendmail(1M), svcadm(1M), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: Network Services SunOS 5.11 8 May 2008 sendmail(4)