Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script executable only for one person at same time Post 302400726 by DarkSwiss on Thursday 4th of March 2010 02:53:07 AM
Old 03-04-2010
Hey hergp!

I have chosen the second solution. It seems to work correctly =D
Thank you for your help!

Who can mark this theard as resolved? or isnt it necessary?

Greez Roger

Last edited by DarkSwiss; 03-04-2010 at 08:49 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Executable takes indefinite time to search for shared library

Hi, I have an executable that takes indefinitely long time to search for the libsendfile.so in particular solaris machines only. The library is actually in the /lib folder. Where as it works fine on few of the machines, it takes long time in few others. I have checked crle options. Its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kk2202
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help making a script executable

making a script in vi to create a shell script called wherearethey by entering the following script: echo -n "Who are you looking for: "read userif then list=`w | grep $user | cut -c19-30` if then echo "The user $user is logged in from $list" else echo "The user $user is not logged in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: curtner
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to call executable from script

Now I am using the HP-UX11.11 version. The scripts are runninh in KSH shell. While I wan to call one executable of any Pro*C file, I have got the following error, however the executable is running fine directly. testpri Started at 10.05.200923:40 /usr/lib/dld.sl: Bad magic number for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyankak
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script run when executable is launched

I need to know how to have a BASH script run every time Firefox is launched, what is the simplest way to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to make script executable

Hello everybody, I'm unable to make my shell script an executable file. The details are as follows: PATH includes my $HOME/bin i.e. /rchome/rc1/bin HOME directory is /rchome/rc1 script name is prep_mig.sh permissions set are 755 It's executing if I give below command sh prep_mig.sh but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitu.keshwani
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh script to get unix username of person executing it

Hi, I am writing a script, and I need to incorporate some logic where I can find out the unix username of the person who is executing the script. The issue is , a particular user could have "sesu" ed into a group id. for eg. root, and then executed the script. In that case, instead of root,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neil.k
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating executable script--please help

Hi group, I am very beginner in shell scripting and self learning. I am trying to create and executable script to run awk from user defined variables. e.g. suppose from a given file I want to delete some rows or some columns We need to repeat this process for many files. Thus I was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smitra
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set nice value in an executable in a script?

Is it possible to set a nice value for an executable in a script so that every time the executable runs it has this nice value? I'm trying to set aerender (After Effects terminal renderer) to run at +18 by replacing the original aerender script with a bash script with something like this in it: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to produce a executable Oracle script from bash script?

Hi here's my code ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus /nolog <<!EOF --step 5 create db script start set feedback off set heading off set echo off conn / as sysdba spool ${ORACLE_SID}_db_link.sql SELECT 'CREATE '||DECODE(U.NAME,'PUBLIC','public ')||'DATABASE LINK '||CHR(10)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making any script executable

Hi all, I'm new to Unix so just wanted some help. I've been self learning and came accross a question online that I was trying. It is to make any shell script executable, the name of the file is to be made executable. I would use nano and type in something like #! /bin/bash Chmod +x... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HelenaR
4 Replies
sockatmark(3XNET)				   X/Open Networking Services Library Functions 				 sockatmark(3XNET)

NAME
sockatmark - determine whether a socket is at the out-of-band mark SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lxnet [ library ... ] #include <sys/socket.h> int sockatmark(int s); DESCRIPTION
The sockatmark() function determines whether the socket specified by the descriptor s is at the out-of-band data mark. If the protocol for the socket supports out-of-band data by marking the stream with an out-of-band data mark, the sockatmark() function returns 1 when all data preceding the mark has been read and the out-of-band data mark is the first element in the receive queue. The sockatmark() function does not remove the mark from the stream. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the sockatmark() function returns a value indicating whether the socket is at an out-of-band data mark. If the protocol has marked the data stream and all data preceding the mark has been read, the return value is 1. If there is no mark, or if data precedes the mark in the receive queue, the sockatmark() function returns 0. Otherwise, it returns -1 and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
The sockatmark() function will fail if: EBADF The s argument is not a valid file descriptor. ENOTTY The s argument does not specify a descriptor for a socket. USAGE
The use of this function between receive operations allows an application to determine which received data precedes the out-of-band data and which follows the out-of-band data. There is an inherent race condition in the use of this function. On an empty receive queue, the current read of the location might well be at the "mark", but the system has no way of knowing that the next data segment that will arrive from the network will carry the mark, and sockatmark() will return false, and the next read operation will silently consume the mark. Hence, this function can only be used reliably when the application already knows that the out-of-band data has been seen by the system or that it is known that there is data waiting to be read at the socket, either by SIGURG or select(3C). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
recv(3XNET), recvmsg(3XNET), select(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 1 Oct 2003 sockatmark(3XNET)