Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting surpressing errors while running script Post 302400533 by zeebala1981 on Wednesday 3rd of March 2010 01:06:09 PM
Old 03-03-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
redirect stderr to /dev/null to get rid of error messages. you might be able to do that outside the script, i.e. ./scriptname 2> /dev/null. Or put 2> /dev/null right after the 'done'.

Is there anyother way i can rewrite those line

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

errors when running a cron job

I am running some shell scripts through a foll cron job, the script works fine and there are no errors in the log file but I receive the following error in mail for the jobs: stty: no such device or address What does the above error indicate, here is the cron job: 0 22 * * 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: knarayan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking for script errors

ok, i have a script which i use to search my process' for specific keywords and kill any process containing them. there is a prompt to enter a keyword for searching and another prompt for which user you want to search the process' of. i want the script to have something that if you entered a search... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blip
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix script errors

#!/bin/ksh sqlplus -s user/passwd@remoteserver << EOF > errors2.log set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off select directory_nm || '/' || file_nm || '|' ||venue_id || '|' || time_id from file_control; EOF The output of this script is; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
2 Replies

4. Programming

Request help to debug errors while running in 'C'

I run, 2 'C' Files, gapw.c and getkey.c, but I get the following errors :- I) $ gcc gapw.c gapw.c: In function `main': gapw.c:96: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size /tmp/cck4I8mW.o(.text+0x227): In function `main': : undefined reference to `getprofilestring'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Running from Shell Vs running from RC script

Hi, i have a script which need to do behave differently when run as a startup process from init.d/ rc2.d script and when run manually from shell. How do i distinguish whether my script is run by init process or by shell?? Will the command /proc/$$/psinfo | grep "myscript" work well???... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to capture errors

Hello; I'm trying to write a script to capture any hardware error from logs/syslog on my SUSE 10 servers so i can be notified if we have any hardware issues such a bad fan or battery, etc.. Thanks in advance for any help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compilation errors in running configure script

Hi all, I tried to cross compile Ghostscript-8.54 source. I am getting some errors during cross compilation. I have pasted the errors below. CC=arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc LD=arm-unknown-linux-gnu-ld ./configure --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-unknown-linux-gnu --without-x && make ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva4ever
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command not found errors when running csh script

I am trying to find the number of files whose name starts with uni. Below is the code but it is giving error. :confused: #!/bin/csh FILES_NAME ='files_list'; FILE_NAME_PATTERN = 'uni*'; NO_OF_FILES; ls -l $FILE_NAME_PATTERN > $FILES_NAME ; NO_OF_FILES = `wc -l $FILES_NAME`; echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Invalid option errors running shell script

The script below fails with the following error messages: gzip: invalid option -- 'w' Try `gzip --help' for more information. mysqldump: Got errno 32 on write cp: invalid option -- 'w' Try `cp --help' for more information. rm: invalid option -- 'w' Try `rm --help' for more information. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ANNACTION
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors running perl statement

When I run this #!/bin/bash Block count: 421958912 Reserved block count: 4219589 perl -e "printf(\"%.1lf%%\n\", ($Reserved block count * 100.0 ) / $Block count);" I get these error messages. Can someone please help me? andyk_~/Downloads$ Show_Percent_Reserved_Blocks.sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
4 Replies
sock2path(4)							   File Formats 						      sock2path(4)

NAME
sock2path - file that maps sockets to transport providers SYNOPSIS
/etc/sock2path DESCRIPTION
The socket mapping file, /etc/sock2path, is a system file that contains the mappings between the socket(3SOCKET) call parameters and the transport provider driver. Its format is described on the soconfig(1M) manual page. The init(1M) utility uses the soconfig utility with the sock2path file during the booting sequence. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A Sample sock2path File The following is a sample sock2path file: # Family Type Protocol Path 2 2 0 /dev/tcp 2 2 6 /dev/tcp 26 2 0 /dev/tcp6 26 2 6 /dev/tcp6 2 1 0 /dev/udp 2 1 17 /dev/udp 26 1 0 /dev/udp6 26 1 17 /dev/udp6 1 2 0 /dev/ticotsord 1 6 0 /dev/ticotsord 1 1 0 /dev/ticlts 2 4 0 /dev/rawip 26 4 0 /dev/rawip6 24 4 0 /dev/rts 27 4 2 /dev/keysock SEE ALSO
soconfig(1M), socket(3SOCKET) Network Interfaces Programmer's Guide SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 1999 sock2path(4)