Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting if, sed or awk with conditions Post 302400496 by ski on Wednesday 3rd of March 2010 10:28:08 AM
Old 03-03-2010
if, sed or awk with conditions

I do not know how to do this unless I use a bunch of if statements. I need a script to replace numbers in each record in a file. I am really getting tangled in this web.
If a fieldA (19 positions) is greater than 14 digits, I have to change the data (resulting fieldA is fixed 19 postions).
If there are preceding zeros. For example:
'000123456789012 ' would be changed to '123456789012 '
'001234567890123 ' would be changed to 1234567890123 '
'012345678901234 ' would be changed to 12345678901234 '
'123456789012345 ' would not be changed but would report error

I would appreciate any help or direction. Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

About awk conditions

Hello, Can you explain why in the first 2 commands the awk does not print anything? Is it looking of a specific format ? Thanks. $ echo 12a3 | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' # prints nothing $ echo 123a | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' # prints nothing $ echo a123 | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' a123... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majormark
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with two conditions

Hi Everyone, # cat 1 1;2;3;4;5;6 1;2;3;4;5; # awk -F ";" '$5 == "5"' 1 1;2;3;4;5;6 1;2;3;4;5; but the output is should be just "1;2;3;4;5;6" means 1st condition: $5 is 5; 2nd condition: $6 is not empty, please advice. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditions in awk

Hi there, here is my command ssh host.local "/path/to/my/perscript/hostconfig.pl -s $HOST -d |awk '{if (\$4 > 120)print \"My error message\";exit}{s=0; for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) s++; if(s == 13) print \$3}'" The problem is if conditional 1 is met (i.e $4 > 120), i don't see "My error message", the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with conditions

Hi All, I have a file with below contents. "en2"/10.185.81.0:cluster_interconnect,"en5"/10.185.81.0:cluster_interconnect,"en6"/169.181.146.0:public I want to take the interface name from the file and convert it as ipaddress using ifconfig command get the output like below en6 ->... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk three conditions

I'm having a problem pulling UID's from data. The data outputs a user's UID in one of three ways: 1. Error User user_name already assigned with <UID> 2. Success <UID> reserved for user_name 3. <a load of crap because there was a db failure yet somehow the UID is still in there> I typically... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Some problem with awk or sed in if conditions

#set -x path=`pwd` while read line do dd=`echo $line|awk -F"," '{print $1}'|awk -F"/" '{print $2}'` if then mm=`echo $line|awk -F"," '{print $1}'|awk -F"/" '{print $1}'` yy=`echo $line|awk -F"," '{print $1}'|awk -F"/" '{print $3}'` var=`echo $line|awk -F"," '{print $2}'` var1=`echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If conditions in awk

Hello Friends, I need to find some CDRs in production servers whose 1st field value and 2nd field value = 1 and 11th looks like 45.123... where there are more than 3 digits after comma.so i wrote a one liner, something like below but does not work, however when i used first and second conditions... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problems - awk ignores conditions

awk 'BEGIN{ if('"$CATE"'<'"${WARN}"') printf ("%s", "'"`Kfunc "" ; break`"'") else if (('"${CATE}"'>='"${WARN}"') && ('"${CATE}"'<'"${CRIT}"')) printf ("%s", "'"`Wfunc ""; break`"'") else if ('"${CATE}"'>='"${CRIT}"') printf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed and if multiple conditions

Hi I've been trying to get this to work but so far no luck. #!/usr/bin/ksh unset EXP APP=$1 EXP=`sed -n "/${APP}/p" tIclrpt.out |awk '{print $7}'|sed '/^$/d'` EXT=`sed -n "/${i}/p" ${SESLOG} |awk '{print $4}'|grep "${i}"` EXEM=/path/to/fail ACTI=/path/to/success if || then... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: techy1
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to delete one regular pattern with conditions

Hi All , I am having a file like this INPUT FILE ############################### addfd_mjlala kksks sksks ks annsns_bbox_2 (sksksk ksks ) adnndn_nsns_bbox_3 (( jsjsdj sjsj ) malm_dkdm lsls lsl mdndk_mkmd_dkd_bbox_4_kdkd ksksk skksk_bbox_jsj_KSK ((jsjsj jsjsj )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
2 Replies
curs_touch(3X)															    curs_touch(3X)

NAME
touchwin, touchline, untouchwin, wtouchln, is_linetouched, is_wintouched - curses refresh control routines SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int touchwin(WINDOW *win); int touchline(WINDOW *win, int start, int count); int untouchwin(WINDOW *win); int wtouchln(WINDOW *win, int y, int n, int changed); bool is_linetouched(WINDOW *win, int line); bool is_wintouched(WINDOW *win); DESCRIPTION
The touchwin and touchline routines throw away all optimization information about which parts of the window have been touched, by pretend- ing that the entire window has been drawn on. This is sometimes necessary when using overlapping windows, since a change to one window affects the other window, but the records of which lines have been changed in the other window do not reflect the change. The routine touchline only pretends that count lines have been changed, beginning with line start. The untouchwin routine marks all lines in the window as unchanged since the last call to wrefresh. The wtouchln routine makes n lines in the window, starting at line y, look as if they have (changed=1) or have not (changed=0) been changed since the last call to wrefresh. The is_linetouched and is_wintouched routines return TRUE if the specified line/window was modified since the last call to wrefresh; other- wise they return FALSE. In addition, is_linetouched returns ERR if line is not valid for the given window. RETURN VALUE
All routines return the integer ERR upon failure and an integer value other than ERR upon successful completion, unless otherwise noted in the preceding routine descriptions. PORTABILITY
The XSI Curses standard, Issue 4 describes these functions. Some historic curses implementations had, as an undocumented feature, the ability to do the equivalent of clearok(..., 1) by saying touch- win(stdscr) or clear(stdscr). This will not work under ncurses. NOTES
Note that all routines except wtouchln may be macros. SEE ALSO
curses(3X), curs_refresh(3X). curs_touch(3X)